• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Why does Dawson not get picked for England?

It was his mistake that led to the period of pressure from Saudi Sportswashing Machine they eventually got their goal from. Not paying attention to the striker running behind him. Not saying it was his fault they scored, but it was typical from him to leave an unmarked player with loads of space.

Also noticed a couple of times when we were trying to keep possession by passing it amongst ourselves, it's always him that gets impatient and tries a long ball.

The goal was down to a **** storm from the "holding midfielders" in front of him surely? I will agree that the gap between the central defenders was too wide allowing Remy to drive a bus through but that was partly because Verts was out of position up field so Chiriches was covering, hardly Dawson's fault. As for the long balls I'm sure that is an instruction from AVB otherwise he would stop. It probably by passes the laborious build up play from the midfield.

He didn't really have much to do in the second half today and should have been sent off.

Don't confuse your team's lack of goalscoring opportunities with Dawson not having much to do. He was one of the big reasons you lot didn't get many opportunities. I saw him win the ball back plenty and move it on quickly to start another attack.

Don't confuse your team's lack of goalscoring opportunities with Dawson not having much to do. He was one of the big reasons you lot didn't get many opportunities. I saw him win the ball back plenty and move it on quickly to start another attack.

We were parked in our own half for most of the second half.

Oh boy

Actually this hole thread make me laugh

Maybe but he gets picked week in and week out and he is one of the major reasons we have kept so many clean sheets. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good scape goat.

Maybe but he gets picked week in and week out and he is one of the major reasons we have kept so many clean sheets. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good scape goat.

He gets picked because there hasn't been an alternative. He won't end this season as first choice.

He gets picked because there hasn't been an alternative. He won't end this season as first choice.

Kaboul has been fit but Daws still gets picked. As for your second sentence what makes you so sure? Like I said the defence is the one area AVB seems to have got right.

Kaboul has been fit but Daws still gets picked. As for your second sentence what makes you so sure? Like I said the defence is the one area AVB seems to have got right.

AVB won't drop Dawson regardless. He's captain, he can't just drop him in a Prem game randomly.

AVB won't drop Dawson regardless. He's captain, he can't just drop him in a Prem game randomly.

Agreed but my point is he doesn't have to the he has other problems far more pressing than the defence.

Kaboul hasn't been fully fit. He's had to be subbed off in EL games, but it looks like he's finally getting there. Kaboul and Vertonghen are our two best CBs by some distance and will be our first choice pairing soon.

Kaboul hasn't been fully fit. He's had to be subbed off in EL games, but it looks like he's finally getting there. Kaboul and Vertonghen are our two best CBs by some distance and will be our first choice pairing soon.

:lol:Why not wait and see how it pans out before making sweeping statements- unless of course you have some itk from the coaching team?

I can't see Kaboul starting another Prem game if every centre back is fit tbh.

:lol:Why not wait and see how it pans out before making sweeping statements- unless of course you have some itk from the coaching team?

No ITK here, but if AVB knows his onions it will happen.

Kaboul Vertonghen should be our partnership. Dawson should gently make way now, thank you.

Kaboul Vertonghen should be our partnership. Dawson should gently make way now, thank you.

I'd prefer to watch how Chiriches progresses before rushing to judgment. He looks capable of developing into Verts Mk II. Meanwhile Kaboul still hasn't shaken off a tendency to the odd brainfart. He's also suspect going forward - too many of his forays wind up yielding possession, whereas Chiriches looks more capable of offering something useful.

Don't understand why people having a pop at dawson its five players in front of him who can't score thats the issue.Keeping clean sheets we seemed to be doing ok.Yesterday it was dembele and pauliniho being laurel and hardy that cost us not the defence.

If anything scoring from corners or in fact the corners that are put in is another issue.

We need either a proper left back 'a leighton baines' player to take us up the field,or a right back to put walker under pressure.

Back