• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Dawson has been the lynchpin of the meanest defence in the league.

Kaboul coming in turned it all to ****.

We've conceded the same amount in 90 minutes with Kaboul, as we have in 1080 without him.

Totally agree with this. Amazing that Dawson gets called out when he's been part of the team that kept the clean sheets.

Dawson is also often at fault for the chances we give away. His hoofing gave away possession every time we started to get our **** together yesterday. Why should he get free pass just because he plays with a lot of heart? Ability wise he's not good enough if we want to take the next step.

found one from Walker http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-rivals-find-ways-to-stifle-his-talent.html

So: Lennon, Bale, Walker. Who is the quickest? The answer may surprise you. “Over 100 metres, like the Olympics, I think it would be Younes Kaboul,” Walker reckons. “Azza has got 50 in him, and then his little legs won't carry him any more.”

Kaboul has got the same issue as Campbell used to, and most other centre backs. Over 100 yards in a straight line he's rapid. But when a midget like Aguero turns and changes direction, Kaboul has gone 20 yards in the wrong direction before he begins to turn.

i think he's lost a bit of heart that he knows he's not going to in any future england squads for the world cup.If john terry struggles playing a high line dawson will to.

i think he's lost a bit of heart that he knows he's not going to in any future england squads for the world cup.If john terry struggles playing a high line dawson will to.

He's gone from being on the verge of a transfer to QPR, to being made club captain (something he never was till King retired) and has fought off all competition to remain first choice. Next year will also be his testimonial season. I think the last thing you can criticise Dawson for is his motivation.

found one from Walker http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...er-rivals-find-ways-to-stifle-his-talent.html

So: Lennon, Bale, Walker. Who is the quickest? The answer may surprise you. “Over 100 metres, like the Olympics, I think it would be Younes Kaboul,” Walker reckons. “Azza has got 50 in him, and then his little legs won't carry him any more.”

The problem is that kaboul will never race someone over 100m in a football match, it's all about the short sprints and quick turns, which is what kd is talking about I'm guessing.

FAO Mumorn:-

so as i was saying in response to this

neither Terry or Carvalho were quick though and they were one of the best central defence partnerships you will ever see. It's not always about speed.

are you saying carvalho wasnt quick footed? significantly quicker footed than terry non the less

plus is there any chance you considered the players that played infront of terry and carvalho, cause i think that team plays a huge part.....which i why the irony of Dubai using the top 5 teams as points against dawson wasnt lost on me..they tend to have a better team than we do and a better set up...with better players etc

also considered who the coach was and his preferred style of play? under santini i am pretty sure you could get nil nil games with ruddock and mabbut....TODAY!! Lol

dawson could've done something for a number of goals this season but didn't... many blame the high line, but i blame the coaching for:

a) its the weakest aspect of dawson's game
b) its not only dawson in this defensive system e.g. if he anticipates the ball being put behind Chirches and goes for it, he needs to be assured that there
someone covering his place (usually the LB/RB or CB)

to me his performance is linked directly to Loris ability to get out fast to nullify the threat, which can buy time for dawson to get behind in a deeper defensive position. loris after his (head injury) seems more hit and miss to me...not as fearless as before, fluffing crosses, which can unnerve the best CBs.

loris after his (head injury) seems more hit and miss to me...not as fearless as before, fluffing crosses, which can unnerve the best CBs.

I agree with that. Doesn't seem quite as assured as before. I reckon he'll get that sorted though, he's still doing pretty well in any case.

I am guessing AfricanSpurs is saying that if the coach is defensive and plays a defence that sits deep, you don't need any pace at centre-half.

OK. But what's the point? That's a statement which by it's very nature would be near-impossible to disagree with. It's funny that this whole thing blew up into an 'epic' conversation when basically some people (myself being one of the main ones) said they felt Daws was largely at fault for the goal on Saturday due to his hesitancy and lack of decisiveness/vision. Pace? Christ, I KNOW the guy's not Usain Bolt.

dawson could've done something for a number of goals this season but didn't... many blame the high line, but i blame the coaching for:

a) its the weakest aspect of dawson's game
b) its not only dawson in this defensive system e.g. if he anticipates the ball being put behind Chirches and goes for it, he needs to be assured that there
someone covering his place (usually the LB/RB or CB)

to me his performance is linked directly to Loris ability to get out fast to nullify the threat, which can buy time for dawson to get behind in a deeper defensive position. loris after his (head injury) seems more hit and miss to me...not as fearless as before, fluffing crosses, which can unnerve the best CBs.

A really good point. I wonder if it's the injury or the weather/winter ball etc? I wonder if conditions recently have made it even more unpredictable for him?

A really good point. I wonder if it's the injury or the weather/winter ball etc? I wonder if conditions recently have made it even more unpredictable for him?

I think Lloris decision making is well off at the moment. For all the good stuff he does, he seems to have a major gaff in him at any moment. Gomes was castigated for the exact same thing really. I'm beginning to think the goal keeping coach position needs review.

I think Lloris decision making is well off at the moment. For all the good stuff he does, he seems to have a major gaff in him at any moment. Gomes was castigated for the exact same thing really. I'm beginning to think the goal keeping coach position needs review.

I felt that the failure of our management to work with Gomes was a major, major mistake. He is without a doubt one of the most talented keepers I have ever seen, in fact, I find it hard to think of a keeper who in their purple patch made as many near-impossible saves as he did. I thought he could've been reclaimed and then some; instead he was written off and left to rot. A massive, MASSIVE waste IMO...

I felt that the failure of our management to work with Gomes was a major, major mistake. He is without a doubt one of the most talented keepers I have ever seen, in fact, I find it hard to think of a keeper who in their purple patch made as many near-impossible saves as he did. I thought he could've been reclaimed and then some; instead he was written off and left to rot. A massive, MASSIVE waste IMO...

I couldn't agree more. Gomes went from arguably the best keeper in the league one season to arguably the worst the next. I always think that if a player has it in him to perform at a certain level once it can be made to happen again. There is a top keeper in there somewhere if coached correctly.

Although there is a massive, MASSIVE chance that Gomes' nerve had gone and there is a massive, MASSIVE chance that the manager(s) knew this better than us fans, although if you capitalise, CAPITALISE and repeat, REPEAT things it does give your comments a lot of force, I said a LOT of force mate :D

Back