• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

@DubaiSpur @Robspur12 - please calm it down. It was a disappointing result but we can do without people getting in each other's faces.
Apologies Milo. Not the result that hurts mate. It's spurs fan who take the opportunity to knock a manager who has worked wonders for this club when he has a "bad" result. To say he is "not" a winner is frankly disrespect ful of his work this season.

Apologies Milo. Not the result that hurts mate. It's spurs fan who take the opportunity to knock a manager who has worked wonders for this club when he has a "bad" result. To say he is "not" a winner is frankly disrespect ful of his work this season.

I get that.

Fine, but you'll note that I'm not the one rounding on people for daring to post their views here. I leave that to other worthies.

Poch is a young manager, just like a lot of our players are young. He needs to learn and develop and is doing so. We've progressed since last yera and a 2-3 decent signings in teh summer and hopefully we'll progress again

Poch is a young manager, just like a lot of our players are young. He needs to learn and develop and is doing so. We've progressed since last yera and a 2-3 decent signings in teh summer and hopefully we'll progress again

A fit Rose, Mason and Lamela and our options start looking a lot better today

I'm not taking sides here. I'm just asking us not to row with each other.

Like I said, fine - you'll get no more out of me. But, as a note, this happens far too often, and I'm guaranteed to reply far too often - if some poster pretending to a moral superiority he hasn't got sneers at a fellow fan for expressing his or her view, that's bang out of order as far as I'm concerned.

Like I said, fine - you'll get no more out of me. But, as a note, this happens far too often, and I'm guaranteed to reply far too often - if some poster pretending to a moral superiority he hasn't got sneers at a fellow fan for expressing his or her view, that's bang out of order as far as I'm concerned.

Please chill out. I am just trying to stop an argument boiling over.

Fine, but you'll note that I'm not the one rounding on people for daring to post their views here. I leave that to other worthies.
For GHod's sake @DubaiSpur get off your high horse for 5 minutes. Emotions run high after a game like that. Apologies no offence was actually meant just emotions talking . But @indianspur only seems to post after a bad result to comment negatively on Poch.

And it is negative. If you are surprised that a man who has managed such mighty title winning clubs as Espanyol, Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur has not won a trophy then what can I say. Give him Juventus or Chelsea and he still doesn't win anything with their resources, then by all means label away. My biggest fear is that one of the best managers we have ever had at this club decides he wants to go to a club like Barca or Real to win trophies in the same way as Berbatov, Carrick, Modric and Bale because foolish people keep saying "he is not a winner." Please wake up and smell the coffee. Once again apologies for the tone of my earlier posts.

For GHod's sake @DubaiSpur get off your high horse for 5 minutes. Emotions run high after a game like that. Apologies no offence was actually meant just emotions talking . But @indianspur only seems to post after a bad result to comment negatively on Poch.

And it is negative. If you are surprised that a man who has managed such mighty title winning clubs as Espanyol, Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur has not won a trophy then what can I say. Give him Juventus or Chelsea and he still doesn't win anything with their resources, then by all means label away. My biggest fear is that one of the best managers we have ever had at this club decides he wants to go to a club like Barca or Real to win trophies in the same way as Berbatov, Carrick, Modric and Bale because foolish people keep saying "he is not a winner." Please wake up and smell the coffee. Once again apologies for the tone of my earlier posts.

Sigh. No problem, but it's an instinctive reaction I can't help - I just really don't like when people attack the man or woman, and not the argument they're making, and that's gotten me in trouble in real life as much as it has on the web. :p Especially when we're all on the same side here.

I can see how it might look like a slight against the job Poch has done, which I've repeatedly emphasized has been very, very good, especially this season. But, honestly, @indianspur prefaced his statement by saying that Poch was an excellent manager, which I took at face value - objectively, saying he hasn't won anything is true, because he hasn't. Although, admittedly, it could have been phrased a lot better.

As for Poch not winning anything with the smaller clubs he's had to work with, that's quite true, but, by the same token, 'Bielsismo' managers often talked about in the same breath as Poch (Klopp, Sampaoli, Simeone et al) have actually won things with clubs that are about our size in their respective leagues - or, in Sampaoli's case, internationally. It works for now because his total tenure at Spurs (a club where he possibly is more capable of winning things than he was at Soton and Espanyol) hasn't yet exceeded his tenure at Espanyol and Soton combined, but at some stage the expectation will be on him to make that next step to really size up to Simeone et al in more than a superficial sense on the medals front.

With half the wages, and tiny fraction of the net spend, we were unlucky to lose. Poch is a fuking genius. Keep the team together and Levy, get whatever cash is needed to add 2-3 players - Zaha, Coric, ????. Raid uncle Jo's piggy bank, let Nike have naming rights for one of Kane's testicles...whatever it takes we have to reinvest and keep the momentum.

Phenomenal team and manager.

With half the wages, and tiny fraction of the net spend, we were unlucky to lose. Poch is a fuking genius. Keep the team together and Levy, get whatever cash is needed to add 2-3 players - Zaha, Coric, ????. Raid uncle Jo's piggy bank, let Nike have naming rights for one of Kane's testicles...whatever it takes we have to reinvest and keep the momentum.

Phenomenal team and manager.

Yeah, but next season will be nightmarish. It'll be at Wembley.

We are definitely fudgeing cursed at Wembley - the ball spinning backwards to stop juuuuust in front of the line in the 93rd minute was the last straw for me. Something about Wembley makes us more brittle than we otherwise would be, makes Poch make strange decisions and essentially makes us lose.

40 points next season. Fudge the momentum, staying up is the priority.

We are definitely fudgeing cursed at Wembley - the ball spinning backwards to stop juuuuust in front of the line in the 93rd minute was the last straw for me. Something about Wembley makes us more brittle than we otherwise would be, makes Poch make strange decisions and essentially makes us lose.

We can use next season to get over this Wembley brick. If we fail to win in 20-odd games, then fudge me.

SRF.

Today kicked this "curse" into touch, we battered Chelsea for a good part of today's game.
We will be fine at Wembley next year......

Back