• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

This is the time when Poch and his staff will earn their 'spurs'. They need to make sure the players keep the confidence borne from their recent run of successive victories, keep them focused on the potential prize(s) yet don't let them get carried away (as many fans, myself included, are inclined to do). Keep them focused, composed, confident and calm. Our relatively young team are pitting against a team full of seasoned, league-chasing, experienced players. Even after the lessons of last season, there is still a massive difference in experience which should not be underestimated. It must be really difficult to just think one game at a time and not have an eye on the greater prize - this is where Poch's pragmatism and team management skills will come to bear big time and lessons learnt from last season will hopefully kick in.
We all need to have the belief that it might happen whilst not piling that expectation on the players. As a famous Mr Kipling once said : If you can dream - and not make dreams your master ...

Funny, Conte said in his post match interview today that Chelsea started the season as underdogs so they have done really well to get where they are. Chelsea underdogs? I almost spat out all my coffee. Arseholes maybe, underdogs no way.

Funny, Conte said in his post match interview today that Chelsea started the season as underdogs so they have done really well to get where they are. Chelsea underdogs? I almost spat out all my coffee. Arseholes maybe, underdogs no way.

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face - they spent £160 M

That's more than virtually out whole first 11 cost

In fact
Hugo £10m
Rose £1m
Verts £8m
Toby£12m
Dier £4m
Dembele £15m
Victor £11m
Alli £5m
Erisken £10m
Kane zero

In fact out whole first 11 cost £76m at a tough guess

So half of their summer signings roughly

Quite scary numbers

In fact
Hugo £10m
Rose £1m
Verts £8m
Toby£12m
Dier £4m
Dembele £15m
Victor £11m
Alli £5m
Erisken £10m
Kane zero

Quite scary numbers
It's just crappy mind games like saying "Tottenham are the best team in the Premier League" shift the pressure off his team and all that. Sadly they will win the title but it's nice to make them sweat a bit and we must focus on not losing 2nd.

In fact
Hugo £10m
Rose £1m
Verts £8m
Toby£12m
Dier £4m
Dembele £15m
Victor £11m
Alli £5m
Erisken £10m
Kane zero

Quite scary numbers
And not forgetting that Chelsea's wage bill is over double that of Tottenham's; even without factoring in transfer and agent fees, the mercenaries wages have cost Abramovich around £1.1bn just in the past 6 years :eek:

C8tw45pXgAE3mCj.jpg

C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg

Mentioned it before, the narrative of the media shouldn't be

- Is Spurs going to catch Chelsea

it should be

- How the fudge is Spurs able to be in this position two years in a row? in a league where we are outspent in wages by 5 clubs (closest one is pretty much 2X), outspent in transfers and the opposition managers are Mourinho, Conte, Klopp, Wenger, Pep

The answer = Poch & Levy ...

I think the seeds were sown in that week last season when we drew at home to West Brom and fought at the Bridge. What happened wasn't fair. Alli was baited and baited, nothing. Trial by video replay from a league that didn't want us to win; suspension. Chelski were allowed to mouth off unrestricted, to basically say they would lie down for Leicester but step up to stop us. Clattenberg fails to book a couple of theirs early doors for deserved bookings, instead picks on us. Then comes the fouling, the attempted intimidation and the out-pouring of aggression from our young, beleaguered and thoroughly 'unpopular' team. Moussa did not 'eye-gouge', his grabbed his face, not great but not en eye-gouge. No matter. Hysteria=massive ban. No Alli, no Moussa. Massive. And instead of starting the blame for that match and it's OTTness, we get hammered. By some of our own 'supporters' as well as critics. Because Spurs aren't meant to fight back and show they won't be bullied. We walked off that pitch 2-2, but I felt it was the final step necessary for this squad's culture to complete it's change. A pivotal moment. Our manager learns. Our squad learns. And this is why we we are where we are, injuries be damned. These are our times, and I believe silverware on a regular basis is very, very close...this manager is outstanding. I was accused of over-singing his praises a while back (someone lambasted me for wanting him to be our manager for the next decade+)...I stand firmly by my belief that if he does, this club will do what only Man Utd have done in the Premiership era.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...est-press-conference-title-race-a7686336.html

Spurs are rampant, playing the best football in the Premier League and are, for the second season running, the sole challenger keeping the league leaders honest down the home stretch.

Poch says :
"Tottenham is not building now in an artificial way. It is not about putting in money, money, money, money and build a fantastic stadium and a fantastic team. Tottenham is very genuine, and it is a very natural process, and it is so exciting because it is unique in the world.”

That's why, bar a hard-to-imagine drastic falling out with Levy, I have no concerns about Poch heading off anywhere else in the foreseeable future. He clearly relishes the challenge of building for success rather than buying it, he's a nurturer of talent.
He's also far from naive and by praising our methods he is equally having a dig at Cheatski's.

Poch says :
"Tottenham is not building now in an artificial way. It is not about putting in money, money, money, money and build a fantastic stadium and a fantastic team. Tottenham is very genuine, and it is a very natural process, and it is so exciting because it is unique in the world.”

That's why, bar a hard-to-imagine drastic falling out with Levy, I have no concerns about Poch heading off anywhere else in the foreseeable future. He clearly relishes the challenge of building for success rather than buying it, he's a nurturer of talent.
He's also far from naive and by praising our methods he is equally having a dig at Cheatski's.

I thought it was a nice early shot in the war of words that will happen this week.

Get some early shots in and come Friday he will be playing coy and asking the press officer to translate questions.
Yes:
"I am very happy"
"My team I like"
"We are in a good way"
"We try and try and you do not know but"
Ranieri and Conte and Poch all do a bit of the pidgin English, poor little simple me.

Mentioned it before, the narrative of the media shouldn't be

- Is Spurs going to catch Chelsea

it should be

- How the fudge is Spurs able to be in this position two years in a row? in a league where we are outspent in wages by 5 clubs (closest one is pretty much 2X), outspent in transfers and the opposition managers are Mourinho, Conte, Klopp, Wenger, Pep

The answer = Poch & Levy ...

Agreed. Instead I hear crap like Spurs are underachievers!! HUH!!

Neville is being very complimentary about Poch again. He also imo perfectly summarises the attitude of the players this season compared to last. We all know that of course, but good to hear the same opinion from within the Sky family.

Neville is being very complimentary about Poch again. He also imo perfectly summarises the attitude of the players this season compared to last. We all know that of course, but good to hear the same opinion from within the Sky family.
Neville does love us.....it might be because he sees some parallels with his time with Fergie.

They're right as well about mentality. It's all very well being a long shot and chasing from a distance but if we get 1pt behind or dare say ahead, it will be a whole new ball game mentality wise for or boys.....nothing from last season will help (it helps us right now because we are in the exact type of Chase as last season).

It's almost as though pipping them at the line on the last day would be best but looking at the fixtures it certainly favours Chelsea.

Hopefully the 'just the next game' mentality can hold strong and we keep on rolling.

Oh no, are we getting hopeful?

He's avoiding saying it at the moment because he knows there's no immediate possibility but he very obviously wants to see him at Man U.

I suspect that, among the 'many reasons' he would like to see us win the league is the idea that, having achieved a title with us, the possibility of Pochettino thinking about moving on to the next chapter of his career could be more likely to be opened up.

Last edited:
Back