• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

We seem to put sky high prices on our players, if it was so urgent to get rid we would have reduced the fee - how is keeping Janssen and GKN value?

All three of Rose/Toby/Dembele have played large parts this season, so we would have been screwed if they had gone.

Don't agree with the sky high prices, Toby, Rose and Dembele could all have went for fair market value, but it would seem the interest in them was all paper talk.

No it isn't - the position the club is in and the market in which we shop means improving the squad is hard, doesn't mean we couldn't do so but if you can't recognize the difficulty in improving a top 3 squad when you don't have the money to spend that your rivals have then i don't think you're looking at things in a balanced manner.

After yesterday and Vorms performance claiming it’s not easy to improve on that is not going to fly.

It’s not like he’s not made big errors before.

We have money, the chairman said so - is he lying? I don’t believe our whole transfer budget was 30 million.

It’s just a line to excuse the failure of the transfer window.

After yesterday and Vorms performance claiming it’s not easy to improve on that is not going to fly.

We have money, the chairman said so - is he lying? I don’t believe our whole transfer budget was 30 million.

Agree. We have four/five from our first team that we would be hard pressed to improve on. But beyond that and the rest of the squad there are definitely better players out there. I genuinely think the close relationship Levy and Poch has goes against us in the transfer market, I don’t envisage Poch putting much pressure on Levy to deliver the players he really wants....

It's not like other top clubs have backup goalies that are incapable of making mistakes like that. Vorm is a perfectly reasonable backup goalie imo, unless the expectation is to never make mistakes with little match fitness.

Vorm is the least of our worries afaic and i don't recall there being much calls for this being a priority area in which to improve the squad in the summer - but we just lost a game in which he played so obviously that's now of key importance...

What has the Chairman said about our budget this window, i don't recall hearing/reading anything? Are you referring to comments from several seasons ago regarding the stadium not effecting our position in the market? Do you think maybe in that case he may have a duty to openly project positivity with regards to finance rather than admitting we haven't got money to throw around? Can you not think of some potential drawbacks that may come about if our rivals know we are tight for money or when negotiating sponsorship deals and the like? Should supporters knowing exactly where the club sits financially speaking be the sole consideration for a football club even if it puts us at a disadvantage?

Do you believe the chairmans words on our transfer budget because it suits your position here but then assume he is lying when it comes to the stadium delays because your position is different? This is why words like agenda crop up in these discussions mate...

Improving good teams/squads in a transfer window is difficult, (that's why teams don't all improve year on year) improving good teams/squads when you are at a financial disadvantage is even harder - not saying we shouldn't have tried, we should have done better than we have and is why i want to see a DoF brought in and to see some signs of a scouting network in place so as to put us in a better position to try to improve.

Last edited:
It's not like other top clubs have backup goalies that are incapable of making mistakes like that. Vorm is a perfectly reasonable backup goalie imo, unless the expectation is to never make mistakes with little match fitness.

Vorm seems to make a mistake or let in a soft goal most games he plays

Semi last season
West Ham in league cup last season
Staying rooted to his line against Watford

The Vorm situation is not one that we can call. We don't see him enough to make a 'fan' call. (which yes is usually gonad*s anyway). Poch obviously trusts him, which baffles me, to be honest.

Vorm is the least of our worries afaic and i don't recall there being much calls for this being a priority area in which to improve the squad in the summer - but we just lost a game in which he played so obviously that's now of key importance...

What has the Chairman said about our budget this window, i don't recall hearing/reading anything? Are you referring to comments from several seasons ago regarding the stadium not effecting our position in the market? Do you think maybe in that case he may have a duty to openly project positivity with regards to finance rather than admitting we haven't got money to throw around? Can you not think of some potential drawbacks that may come about if our rivals know we are tight for money or when negotiating sponsorship deals and the like? Should supporters knowing exactly where the club sits financially speaking be the sole consideration for a football club even if it puts us at a disadvantage?

Do you believe the chairmans words on our transfer budget because it suits your position here but then assume he is lying when it comes to the stadium delays because your position is different? This is why words like agenda crop up in these discussions mate...

Improving good teams/squads in a transfer window is difficult, (that's why teams don't all improve year on year) improving good teams/squads when you are at a financial disadvantage is even harder - not saying we shouldn't have tried, we should have done better than we have and is why i want to see a DoF brought in and to see some signs of a scouting network in place so as to put us in a better position to try to improve.

Covered the vorm part a bit further down. I wasn’t impressed when he signed a new deal - I don’t understand why we have two back up keepers who are overseas - would rather a youth teamer

He makes such basic errors, Gazza is not much better from the few times ive seen them.

Least with a youth teamer they may learn from errors.

Donna Cullen reinforced the stadium not affect the transfer funds just over a month ago.

The only agenda anyone has is for the club to do well, not signing anyone has hindered that.

No one sensible was asking for 200 million to be spent, but we could expect something and someone to be brought in.

It’s not Just Levy, the whole recruitment process is a mess and the squad is bloated on panic signings and we haven’t learnt and think leaving it to the last minute is the way-we end up wasting more money trying to save money.

Liverpool have shown this to be false

Liverpool have shown what to be false?

You've just glossed over/ignored my point with regards to finances.

Liverpool have improved season on season, getting business done early and indetifyimg targets - even waiting a window or season to get it over the line.

We may have just finished above them in the league last season but they have over taken us- CL final/start to this season whilst we have stood still and stagnanted.

Why would I not believe the chairman- there was meltdown after being claimed him to be lying about knowing about the stadium

Would benefit would it be not to?

Lying about the finances would be a worse stance to take, if he’s honest there would be no issue about not signing players.

He’s made the issue by saying the stadium won’t affect the budget and then DC saying it again a month ago so signings were expected.

Why would I not believe the chairman- there was meltdown after being claimed him to be lying about knowing about the stadium

Lying about the finances would be a worse stance to take, if he’s honest there would be no issue about not signing players.

He’s made the issue by saying the stadium won’t affect the budget and then DC saying it again a month ago so signings were expected.

Can't help but think you're not able or willing to see the bigger picture here tbh - the club say it's going to be tight financially while we build the stadium so as to appease a section of our fanbase whilst at the same time putting itself at a disadvantage in every negotiation from that moment on and letting every team interested in our players know we 'need' money - what could possibly go wrong?

Liverpool have improved season on season, getting business done early and indetifyimg targets - even waiting a window or season to get it over the line.

We may have just finished above them in the league last season but they have over taken us- CL final/start to this season whilst we have stood still and stagnanted.

Liverpool have spent more than city

If we sign that guy then we’d have Hugo on the bench.

Back