• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

When he was at Soton I remember an article that if you were in his inner circle he stuck by you through thick and thin... I guess we saw that today. Mourinho would have hauled off a player at half time and probably put another two on simultaneously on 55 minutes.

Loyalty is why the likes of Harry and Dele are so linked with the project but there is a limit to everything in life, even a good thing...

Poch is stubborn to a fault at times with his tactics, this I see as his only major weakness, but is something that has been going on since he arrived and shows no sign of changing. He obviously has his reasons and who am I to question them, like it or not it's part of the package.

But Liverpool were helped with the overpriced market and selling Coutinho.

Come again? How were they helped by paying 70 mill for Van Dyke?

Liverpool have got where they did because they purposely targeted attacking players who had pace, directness and dribbling ability. Who can take on players one on one and beat them. How long have we been crying out for those type of players, who would have made a massive difference in the games against the likes of Brighton and West Brom?!! Then when we finally buy one - on the cheap - he is kept sitting on his bum for 80 minutes. And does more in a 10 minutes cameo than the whole attack for the rest of the game!

Have we been better this season than we were in the last?

We have certainly not played the free flowing football of last season ( ? Due in part to slower less penetrative full back). Our press has largely disappeared. Kane is seriously out of form. We overuse certain players and have underused others ( especially Moura). We have looked leggy and slow of late (? Overtrained) . We still haven't learnt to set up from corners. Poch is too often too stubborn. The smile has even disappeared from Son's face. The happiness has gone from our football.

Poch is stubborn to a fault at times with his tactics, this I see as his only major weakness, but is something that has been going on since he arrived and shows no sign of changing. He obviously has his reasons and who am I to question them, like it or not it's part of the package.

As a supporter with an opinion you have every right to express your own view.

We have certainly not played the free flowing football of last season ( ? Due in part to slower less penetrative full back). Our press has largely disappeared. Kane is seriously out of form. We overuse certain players and have underused others ( especially Moura). We have looked leggy and slow of late (? Overtrained) . We still haven't learnt to set up from corners. Poch is too often too stubborn. The smile has even disappeared from Son's face. The happiness has gone from our football.

The press has been practically non existent this season, yet we still look leggy.

I can only assume it’s been a tactical choice.

People keep banging about how it’s the Wembley factor that has weakened us this season, but I think it’s much more to do with our lack of penetration down the wings that we had in Rose and Walker that’s weakened us this season....

That’s had an effect no doubt
Could also argue reasonably that missing Wanyama and Toby has had an impact
But that’s football, players get injured

Have we been better this season than we were in the last?

Worse, aside from two stand out games (Liverpool and Real at home).

All of which are surely to do with the management.

Marginally worse

Not bad though considering we are playing at a different ground and we lost our two first team full backs(i am counting rose as good as gone and on the odd occasion he does play he is no good) and that we have also lost toby or he has barely played.

Our back up choices to Kane never seem to work out for us and signings like Aurier well I will be accused of hating him but he has not lived up to our signing of him.

My worry for the future is our signings for the future.

Remember Poch’s mentor was Bielsa he physically wrecked is players BEFORE the end of the season!

which is why someone like fergie did so well rotating his team earlier in the season.

Someone like Eriksen should have been given a two week holiday around the end of November we should be quite proactive and offer players a two week holiday in the season.

Why can't we wait another 2 games before we indulge the doom and gloom with a proper review of the season? It's not been great recently granted, but to put it into perspective today was the first away loss in the league since City in December. Poch must be doing something right. Cannot believe some fans would accept him going. Has the loss today befuddled their brains? Do we seriously want to lose our best manager in decades?

I don't agree with those criticising Poch's selections and substitutions today. Dier and Dembele looked knackered against Watford and several posters, including myself, suggested he rest them giving Wanyama and Lamela a chance. He did that. Posters said that Sanchez and Trippier on the right have been exposed. So Poch goes 3 at the back and brings back Alderweireld. He changed things around on 77 mins bringing on Moura and Son wide then also Llorente. It achieved nothing, we still couldn't create goal scoring opportunities and we lost late on. Today was just one of those games. It is so easy being an armchair manager isn't it?

We are still with a chance of 3rd place. That will be a tremendous achievement. So please get behind the team and have a little perspective please.

The press has been practically non existent this season, yet we still look leggy.

I can only assume it’s been a tactical choice.

But why would that be when it was working so well and had seemingly become part of the identity of the team? Strange no?

Back