• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The mindset of the opposition differs. Madrid and especially Dortmund didn't come to defend and looking at them had done zero defensive drills to combat anything we had. And it actually looked as though we had practised the blitz breakaway.

The Swansea, Burnleys etc will,even If caught out, fall into formation as quick as they can, when Dortmund and Madrid looked as though they didn't know how to (or didn't want to) defend in the first place.

I agree we were slow taking advantage though in the West ham game.

And that’s it
90% of the teams we face will park the bus and do it well
Those that don’t run the risk of getting blown away

And that’s it
90% of the teams we face will park the bus and do it well
Those that don’t run the risk of getting blown away
I think this year we have regressed in winning out in these games.

We'd kind of cracked it at the lane.

The problem is, if motivated, these teams are using and practicing the tactic against 6 teams now. I think we have to be bolder with short vertical passing and lay offs in tight spaces and a bit more constant moving (like city). I think some calling for a trickier player are probably right. It will add another dimension.
Ironically if we do take risks and lose the ball more it may well encourage the opposition to come forward more so creating some space that we're moaning doesn't exist at present.
I dare say Poch has probably looked over some of last season's videos to see what was different (if anything). What's your guess....is it us, or have some opposition refined it to a fine art?

Redknapp has no opinion. I used to find him unbearable, but once the penny dropped I now find him hilarious.

Henry: I think Arsenal were great today and could challenge for the league.
Redknapp: Yeah definitely! Theyve got the quality, the goals, they have a great squad.
Souness: I disagree, they fail in the biggest games and theres just too much of a gap to City.
Redknapp: Absolutely Graham, they dont have a chance.
Henry: But if you look at Sanchez and Ozil, they have genuine match winners. And once Lacazette starts hitting form I think they can catch up.
Redknapp: They really can, I think they have the games to make up the points for sure and those players are world class!
Souness: But they have no defence, and just far to many points to make up, and will need City and Utd to collapse
Redknapp: Yes they havent got a chance, no way at all, impossible
Henry: Yes it is
Redknapp: Yeah I really think Arsenal can win the league....
He makes Timmeh seem like an intellectual.

If a team plays 6-4-0 defensive shape against us, there are still 4 or 5 moments in the 90 when they are out of shape; they have pushed up for a counter attack or set piece or goal kick. It is these few moments we need to be decisive, just once or twice and then the game changes. Those few seconds are more important than we realise.

Could we not just get the Moose to drift past two or three players and then trip over a convenient leg near the penalty box? Obviously, this will also require us to re-sign Siggy to take the free kicks.

Kind of? Tough crowd!

P W D L F A GD
19 17 2 0 47 9 +38
That was always my point in the Wembley thread.....the bar was set so high that for example,10pts would be a drop off but 53/57 was a tough target to equal. People said we'd be alright at Wembley but that is a high expectation.

Is it the change of scenery that's caused it or are we doing something not quite as well?

The problem is getting 43/57 PTS at home would still be a good record BUT in this league probably won't cut it.

That was always my point in the Wembley thread.....the bar was set so high that for example,10pts would be a drop off but 53/57 was a tough target to equal. People said we'd be alright at Wembley but that is a high expectation.

Is it the change of scenery that's caused it or are we doing something not quite as well?

The problem is getting 43/57 PTS at home would still be a good record BUT in this league probably won't cut it.

There is an argument that a bigger pitch means defence have more space to cover but when I was debating this at Wembley during the spam game my mate who was acentre back said something that stood out

The area is always the same size regardless of the pitch size and with a bigger pitch it means teams can defend in bigger banks and still park 4 guys in the edge of the area which is true...

There is an argument that a bigger pitch means defence have more space to cover but when I was debating this at Wembley during the spam game my mate who was acentre back said something that stood out

The area is always the same size regardless of the pitch size and with a bigger pitch it means teams can defend in bigger banks and still park 4 guys in the edge of the area which is true...
Hopefully Pochettino can find a more effective method to counteract those low block teams then, as the new White Hart Lane will have exactly the same sized pitch as Wembley.

Would Pochettino be tempted to move to Real Madrid? Hope not as looks very much like there’s going to be a vacancy there soon.

I genuinely think it would be a bad move for him.

Mostly because it takes time for his methodology to take effect, which he wouldnt be afforded somewhere like RM.

He would need time to clear out the prima donas, to build fitness, to build his pressing tactics, to find players that want to work with him...

If he went there right now, it would be this time next year before youd really even begin to see his imprint on the side.

I think ours will be a metre narrower.

68m vs 69m according to articles online.
ICYMI...

https://www.premierleague.com/publications

Ground Capacity at start of the Season
90,000 (Wembley Stadium)

Pitch Dimensions
Length: 105 metres
Width: 68 metres

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new-stadium/faqs/

Q: What are the dimensions of the pitch in the new stadium?

A: The pitch dimensions will be 105m x 68m which are in line with the standard specifications as set by UEFA and FIFA.

Bit random here

Does anyone know if Poch is into Taoism? It's just our team is starting to neatly resemble a yin and yang.

Today we had solely black players on the right of the pitch (Aurier, Sanchez, Dembele, Sissoko) and solely white players on the left (Davies, Verts, Dier, Son). With Kane up top and Vorm in goal, it makes a neatly balanced

bbd97f7cb1dedc784dd0069b4db13a85.gif

Really worried how Poch would think that Sissoko was a more suitable replacement for Eriksen than Lamela? Also taking Son off? I know he wasn't in the game but if you need a goal the two players you leave on the pitch are Kane and Son!

For all his faults he has a good engine to get up and down.
Lamela is not a player I would trust to stay the pace on that heavy pitch!

Back