• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I may be in the minority here but I don’t see what Poch has done wrong? I don’t see a defensive performance at all and I actually saw a really quick tempo, we just lacked the quality to play as quickly as we were trying to and rushed it towards the end - and WH defended for their lives as it’s their cup final.

It happens, but that’s a tremendously unlucky draw whichever way I look at it. The amount of blocks they got in on genuinely good opportunities...

I agree, xG says 2-0 win, had Kane not been recovering from illness he’d have buried the two half chances

I didn't see it as two defensive midfielders anyway..

More like:

------------------------- Dier ---------------------------
Sissoko ----------- Eriksen ------------------ Son
------------------------ Alli -----------------------------
----------------------- Kane ---------------------------

Very fluid as per usual, far from defensive IMO.

I didn't see it as two defensive midfielders anyway..

More like:

------------------------- Dier ---------------------------
Sissoko ----------- Eriksen ------------------ Son
------------------------ Alli -----------------------------
----------------------- Kane ---------------------------

I saw it as this

-------Sissoko----------------- -------------------------
--------- Eriksen ----------------———————————-
------------------------ Alli ------------------------Son
----------------------- Kane ----------------------

Dier might as well have been sat in the crowd

Seemed odd to me that we started with 8 of the team which started against Swansea 48 hours ago especially considering the pitch conditions that night. Difficult to say how much of an impact it had but odd to me that at least one of Winks and Dembele didn’t start

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yes and with them two on the pitch we created a number of chances. Get over it

They both had bad games, no doubt, but we’ve cut a really defensively sound Burnley apart with those two only recently.

Dier is lucky always going to be pushing the ‘needs a rest’ line with the amount of football he’s played and 2 games in 48 hours wasn’t going to be ideal for him, so I excuse him somewhat. Probably Sissoko’s worst game this season though.

With Sissoko, he’s got back into a good position as a squad player by keeping it simple and focusing on his strengths, letting others play. And I think he’s there now, he’s clawed his way back, and needs to take responsibility, particularly in games like this, to be a difference maker offensively as well. He was poor today no doubt.

I may be in the minority here but I don’t see what Poch has done wrong? I don’t see a defensive performance at all and I actually saw a really quick tempo, we just lacked the quality to play as quickly as we were trying to and rushed it towards the end - and WH defended for their lives as it’s their cup final.

It happens, but that’s a tremendously unlucky draw whichever way I look at it. The amount of blocks they got in on genuinely good opportunities...

The build up play was slow and ponderous, trying to score the perfect goal, not direct enough when we needed to be.

I know he brought on Wanyama before the hour mark against the Swans but in general he seems to be allergic to making a change before 70 minutes regardless of what is going on in the game. He needed to hook Sissoko at HT but watching the game I knew he wouldn't do it. The only reason I could think of for keeping him on for so long was that he was trying to make a point to Levy i.e. sign me some better players this month.

Not picking one of Winks, Wanyama or Dembele who can all do what Sissoko does but to a much, much higher standard was just baffling.

Does Dier get more slack due to his impressive rookie season?

Not been at his best for quite some time now imo.

I agree. He also tries to overplay like Lloris when neither of them are really good enough to. I think Wanyama playing alongside him should help Dier massively though. Assuming he doesn't keep picking Sissoko.

The build up play was slow and ponderous, trying to score the perfect goal, not direct enough when we needed to be.

I know he brought on Wanyama before the hour mark against the Swans but in general he seems to be allergic to making a change before 70 minutes regardless of what is going on in the game. He needed to hook Sissoko at HT but watching the game I knew he wouldn't do it. The only reason I could think of for keeping him on for so long was that he was trying to make a point to Levy i.e. sign me some better players this month.

Not picking one of Winks, Wanyama or Dembele who can all do what Sissoko does but to a much, much higher standard was just baffling.

Maybe Sissoko was in there as we needed someone strong and powerful as West Ham have a lot of physical players (and Wanyama wasn't ready to start). He didn't play well, but I don't think it was a 'making a point to Levy' exercise.

And I just flat disagree that the build up was slow. We were moving it quickly but West Ham defended well, and we lacked quality. But the intention with the tempo was there.

Does Dier get more slack due to his impressive rookie season?

Not been at his best for quite some time now imo.

He's also been playing non-stop for an unhealthy amount of time. That has to have taken its toll on him.

When Toby returns, as long as Sanchez + Wanyama remain fit, Dier should be rested.

Now that we’ve got most of our squad back from treatment room, it does seem slightly odd that Pochettino didn’t give the subs more time to make their mark.

This article is a few weeks old but FWIW...

Average time of 1st / 2nd / 3rd substitute

Chelsea: 53 / 69 / 80
Emirates Marketing Project: 59 / 71 / 78
ManU: 63 / 71 / 80
ARSEnal: 67 / 73 / 79
Liverpool: 65 / 75 / 83
Tottenham: 69 / 81 / 89

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...o-jurgen-klopp-not-impacting-games-subs-like/

Back