• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

What are you talking about Lamela has showed himself to be as creative as ever since he’s come back he’s showed more than Dele has since the Real Madrid game. As for Llorente he should have been bought on for us to play a longer ball game as playing through City didn’t work and was never going to. But yeah, you keep ‘loling’....

And how many goals and assists has lamela got
... he is easing back into the team and so he should.

Llorente currently can't do what you think he can.

I shall lol at armchair managers that actually think they know what will happen if aunties had balls

And how many goals and assists has lamela got
... he is easing back into the team and so he should.

Llorente currently can't do what you think he can.

I shall lol at armchair managers that actually think they know what will happen if aunties had balls
Lamela got an assist within minutes of his comeback against Leicester and has been creating chances ever since. We went away to Real Madrid with Llorente and Kane up front, went long to him and it worked so don’t tell me that can’t work, especially against an unconvincing defence.

I don’t think I know what’s best, I’m saying what everyone saw in that what Poch setup wasn’t working. If that was Mourinho Trippier would have been subbed after half hour! But it is nonsense to say we didn’t have the resources to try something different, either with the players who were playing or using the mentioned subs. If you can’t comprehend that I can’t help you....

Lamela got an assist within minutes of his comeback against Leicester and has been creating chances ever since. We went away to Real Madrid with Llorente and Kane up front, went long to him and it worked so don’t tell me that can’t work, especially against an unconvincing defence.

I don’t think I know what’s best, I’m saying what everyone saw in that what Poch setup wasn’t working. If that was Mourinho Trippier would have been subbed after half hour! But it is nonsense to say we didn’t have the resources to try something different, either with the players who were playing or using the mentioned subs. If you can’t comprehend that I can’t help you....

Lol humbled by your offer of "help"

Lamela got an assist within minutes of his comeback against Leicester and has been creating chances ever since.

Good to have him back and nice to now have an option other than Sissoko/GKN etc however this is a massive over-statement of impact which he's had.

Are you insinuating that Poch does not have even half a brain cell?

We were getting pulled apart because almost every single player was playing below par in comparison to the opposition, we would have had to make about 8 or 9 changes yesterday to have had a chance of getting anything from that match

I think City made us play so poorly though, they pressed so high and well, often having 2/3 players around us so we couldn't get out. Yes we could have played long but the press would have been the same.

They also have serious pace all across the team (Walker, Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Jesus) which utterly destroyed us. They had so much movement with players running left and right that we simply couldn't handle it.

Obviously we also didn't play well, Dembele got totally outdone in the middle and Winks was poor and offered no protection but I think their pressure forced us into mistakes.

I think City made us play so poorly though, they pressed so high and well, often having 2/3 players around us so we couldn't get out. Yes we could have played long but the press would have been the same.

They also have serious pace all across the team (Walker, Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Jesus) which utterly destroyed us. They had so much movement with players running left and right that we simply couldn't handle it.

Obviously we also didn't play well, Dembele got totally outdone in the middle and Winks was poor and offered no protection but I think their pressure forced us into mistakes.

City will do that to many better teams than us ... boo hoo hoo we had a off day to the best team. Someone dig me a grave I can't accept it

What "minute" would have been suitable for you considering that he has been off for over a year and up against the most energetic team in the league

60th at the latest. He could easily have put himself about at near consistent high intensity for half an hour, in view of what he has managed to do in previous games. Just seeing him come on to harry and chase their players was refreshing.

Did you actually see our bench with included a goalkeeper and 3 defenders? Contrary to what a lot of people think our squad i snot as good as you think, especially with a few injuries/suspension. There is a gulf in class and ability between City and every other club in the league so I do not think the problem is with Poch

The bench included Aurier. Trippier was being destroyed yesterday, to the point where three of the four goals we conceded came with the simplest of passes down the right because Trippier was being shown up as a training cone with the simplest pass in behind - too slow, too weak and too useless to last against players like Sane. It's not his fault - it's the fault of the tactical system which put him there.

A system which Poch refused to change, even after watching us concede goal after goal and chance after chance because of *his* error - despite having Aurier on the bench.

This new developing narrative of 'City were always going to win, they spend squillions, poor ickle us' irks me a bit, because it ignores that *we* threw that game away to a large extent. Not City. We destroyed ourselves to a large extent, and Poch simply proved worse than Guardiola in this game - outthought, outfought and outclassed despite Guardiola having to deal with injuries on a similar level to what Poch had to deal with.

We could change this game. We did not. It was a grave mistake that Poch had better correct - all else is immaterial.

because Lloris can't kick the ball where he wants it to go, no-ones sure where the ball is going when hugo kicks it so our players don't have an advantage over their players,
but when you practice, everyone knows if Diers hits it he will get the ball roughly here, Jan will put the ball here, hugo will put it here or here, giving our attackers time to fool defenders to go to wrong place
http://www.squawka.com/football-pla.../2017#season#1#all-matches#possession#desc#90

City have a huge weak spot - Mangala, Otamendi and Delph. We could have sat deep and then launched it long to 3 attackers against those 3... bypass the midfield, don't play City at their game, just sit deep and deny all the space... then spring 3 vs 3.

But Poch wanted to play football against those other 7 fine footballers of City... a very dangerous and over-optimistic approach IMO.

Back