• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

View attachment 3716

Looks like part boy from jack ass...
I thought you'd shopped the head on but now I think you're onto something!

jackass_2010_original.png

While there is much to be said for the clean production and the subtle inclusion of some fine musical stylings OUR version moves me much more than the original.

I think it's a bit much to expect the backing vocal "la la la la la's" from the 2nd chorus in but it's worth a shot..

The key to everything is Poch and the system he has created, which won't see us struggle if we lose a player or two a season. Just look at us now. No Rose, no Dembele, no Lamela, no Wanyama, no Walker, no problem.

Unless there's a mass exodus (which Levy would never allow), we'll be fine. Some years we might regress to fifth or sixth, but we'll be up there in the top four and challenging for the title again in no time. And we'll be paying more competitive salaries by the time that happens. So we'll be fine. Just need Levy to put that 15-year contract in front of Poch to sign. :D

The key to everything is Poch and the system he has created, which won't see us struggle if we lose a player or two a season. Just look at us now. No Rose, no Dembele, no Lamela, no Wanyama, no Walker, no problem.

Unless there's a mass exodus (which Levy would never allow), we'll be fine. Some years we might regress to fifth or sixth, but we'll be up there in the top four and challenging for the title again in no time. And we'll be paying more competitive salaries by the time that happens. So we'll be fine. Just need Levy to put that 15-year contract in front of Poch to sign. :D

Indeed. Hopefully we will be the English, slightly more possession based and less reactive Atletico Madrid. The system and the spirit endures despite the loss of key players from time to time, while we are established as a destination choice for young players that are most likely to fill the gap.

The Spurs dressing room was in a bad state when he first arrived

Pochettino is pretty damning when it comes to the state of affairs upon his arrival.

“The Tottenham dressing room was full of figures who at some point in their careers had been considered stars but had lost their way. And the team didn’t come first. Two weeks after coming here I remember saying to Hugo Lloris, ‘What am I doing here?’

“Some of them didn’t share our ideas but tried to adapt; others rejected them from day one. A few disrespected us.”

He has a great Adebayor anecdote to add the collection…

Like most of the coaches Adebayor has worked under, Pochettino found the Togolese both frustrating and charming – “Ade’s eccentricities gave us plenty of laughs” – and shares his favourite anecdote with Balague in the book.

Adebayor angrily storms into a meeting Pochettino is having with director Franco Baldini and chairman Daniel Levy (which naturally leaves both “stony-faced”) demanding to know why he has been left out of the squad. He wasn’t cross not to be playing, but because he had already sent his chauffer home and so would now have to book a minicab!

“Priceless!” in the words of Pochettino.

Pochettino thought he was about to get sacked during his first season

Spurs went to Villa Park in November 2014 having collected just 14 points from the first 10 games, and so Pochettino can be forgiven for feeling pessimistic when the team were 1-0 down with eight minutes left on the clock.

“I turned to face the dugout. I looked at Toni, Jesus, and Miki [his assistants] and told them, ‘Lads, pack your bags tonight, because tomorrow we’re going home.’”

Spurs scored two late goals to win the match 2-1, but it just goes to show there is a thin line between success and failure in football.

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/10-best-revelations-new-book-mauricio-pochettinos-spurs/

Remember '61

I am mid way through listening to this week's Hotspur America podcast. They have an interview with Guillem Balague about his Poch book and his time spent with Poch, and the players.
https://player.fm/series/1243801/190336182
It makes a very good listen so far.

Going to give this a listen now - do they serial why now with the book? The timing, with such a current manager doing so well, is a little odd. You’d expect us not to want to rock the boat with anything. Is this all part of a strategy to boost our profile therefore? Or to continue to build the cult of personality around Poch? Who’s idea was it?

As expected, the first questions about the anecdotes in the book popped up today - Poch seemed prepared for them, which indicates that he was at least aware that those questions were coming. But there were quite a few.

Back