• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Reading the pages of the book available on Amazon's first look is a worthwhile thing - and a good sales pitch.
I will probably get it now.

I'm just wondering who this player - if this is in any way true - thinks is the 'core' that we will find difficult to keep after this year. To be honest, I think it's rival fan wishful thinking.

I don't see Kane going. I don't think Alli is ready to be a Real/Barca starter yet. I don't see us letting United have Dier.

I can see us selling Rose, obviously. And maybe Toby and Eriksen will be wanted if we don't sort Toby's contract out and Eriksen keeps posting top numbers. But regardless of all of this, we will surely bump wages once in the new stadium. Not paying oil money, but we can't claim that we are a 30k seater stadium punching above our weight if we're also claiming we have 'the best stadium in Europe'.

I'm just wondering who this player - if this is in any way true - thinks is the 'core' that we will find difficult to keep after this year. To be honest, I think it's rival fan wishful thinking.

I don't see Kane going. I don't think Alli is ready to be a Real/Barca starter yet. I don't see us letting United have Dier.

I can see us selling Rose, obviously. And maybe Toby and Eriksen will be wanted if we don't sort Toby's contract out and Eriksen keeps posting top numbers. But regardless of all of this, we will surely bump wages once in the new stadium. Not paying oil money, but we can't claim that we are a 30k seater stadium punching above our weight if we're also claiming we have 'the best stadium in Europe'.
I thought this about letting Walker go to Emirates Marketing Project....

Ultimately there are only a handful of clubs that will pay more than we can pay our top earners so any exodus will be reliant upon those few clubs needing players and thinking it's worth the hassle to prise them away from us rather than pursue other options.

Manchester Clubs, Chelsea, PSG, Real and Barca - can't see City needing any of our players the way they are going atm, we won't sell to Chelsea and Barca don't really seem to be that strong financially for transfer fees. That leaves United PSG and Real - I'd be surprised if any of our players end up.there before we've had a season or two in the new stadium (depending on Rose to United)
One or two may well leave next summer but so long as Kane stays, Levy and Poch has demonstrated none of the others are irreplaceable.

Davies has come on a bundle since Rose got injured, Sanchez looks every bit the part and Aurier too once Poch has ironed the rashness out of him.

Trippier it's true is still on a journey but whilst he's never likely to reach Walker's level he has shown enough going forward to suggest his all round game is good enough.

Most of us were despairing about Sissoko last season but just look at him now. Meanwhile Winks is progressing nicely, Onomah is showing great promise at Villa whilst Edwards, KWP and Tashan Oakley-Booth are all coming on a treat. We also have Lamela coming back from injury and the highly promising Foyth having to make do with domestic cup tie appearances.

So all in all I think we can be relaxed about the odd departure next summer, especially if it brings with it a sizeable fee in compensation.

Walker gave us 9 years though and was entitled to think he had one last big contract. Dier still has a way to go.

Exactly, the system is working, and our transfer window was good. Poch keeps the machine going, as does Levy. If the club is smart, there will be bonuses and new contracts (especially once we qualify out group stage in CL), and attraction of new stadium to keep most players here at least another year.

What I would say is I hope we return to only selling our better players to clubs outside the PL.

Re who, if he returns to form, the player I expect to be next is Dele, he I feel continues to have least connection to club, he's a Modric/Berbatov in that we were always a planned stepping stone.

Walker gave us 9 years though and was entitled to think he had one last big contract. Dier still has a way to go.
I think the point is there are too many variables in football to decide who is likely to leave and who isnt and categorising what clubs they'd potentially go to etc. I cant see Kane going anywhere anytime soon but just about anyone else could be tempted by 'big fish' paying salaries we could only dream of and having a better rep of winning trophies....

458E361E00000578-0-image-a-209_1508619595005.jpg

Looks very seedy and I'm never going to get that picture out of my mind

I think the point is there are too many variables in football to decide who is likely to leave and who isnt and categorising what clubs they'd potentially go to etc. I cant see Kane going anywhere anytime soon but just about anyone else could be tempted by 'big fish' paying salaries we could only dream of and having a better rep of winning trophies....

But I think we’ve established well enough with Modric and Bale that we won’t sell to just anyone. I think the Bale move came a year ahead of schedule because Real really pushed for it.

Walker had the ‘boo hoo I miss the north’ part to it so I think we gave him his out after 9 years. I just don’t see us letting Dier go to United. He hasn’t reached his potential here yet and he can frankly do better if he holds on, as Bale and Luka did.

Yeah but United were Dier's fave club whilst growing up, Roy Keane his hero......how can we deny his dream of playing for them. Oh and being paid 3x his current salary.o_O

Back