• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Am I not right in saying that Pocketino would be the Italian style and Poch would be the Spanish?

I think you're probably right.

But there are more people of Italian descent than that of any other in Argentina. They amount to about 25 million out of a population of 41 million.

So although the principal language of Argentina is Spanish, I would imagine that Italian names are still given an Italian pronunciation.

So although the principal language of Argentina is Spanish, I would imagine that Italian names are still given an Italian pronunciation.

Also, the Spanish spoken in Argentina (and Uruguay) sounds a bit different from the Spanish spoken in the rest of South America. Double L, which in Spain, for example, is pronounced J (eg Calle - caje), it's pronounced 'ch' in Argentina (calle - cache). Y has a similar pronounciation. Yo, instead of sounding like "jaw" (in regular Spanish), it sounds like "Shaw". Supposedly because of the large amount of Italian descendents in the country (according to my Spanish teacher from my time in Argentina). :)

I'm loving this guy more and more...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-boss-pochettino-putting-friendship-4135058?

We are special people,” he said. “We showed it at Espanyol, we showed it in Southampton and we try to show it now. We are special. We show it in our job and our job is our passion. It is important to create excitement and show ambition. Our supporters feel that.”

Interesting poll on there, given that the Mirror is Scouse rag of choice.

Potential headline if we win tomorrow..'Brendan, put a pock in it!'

if we sign that young talent shakiri from bayern on deadline day...'two pock shakiri' ???

Potential headline if we win tomorrow..'Brendan, put a pock in it!'

if we sign that young talent shakiri from bayern on deadline day...'two pock shakiri' ???

'Liverpool in Dier-straights' as Eric Dier bags the winner.
'Mauricio pockets the points'
Soldado-DOH as he misses an open goal :)
'Couldnt hit an Ade-barndoor with a banjo'

I'm bored. Clearly.

'Liverpool in Dier-straights' as Eric Dier bags the winner.
'Mauricio pockets the points'
Soldado-DOH as he misses an open goal :)
'Couldnt hit an Ade-barndoor with a banjo'

I'm bored. Clearly.

Love the first one!

How about 'hoddle'..... 'watching tottenham gives me an eric!'

Find it surprising that English media have not not "disturbed" Pochettino too much so far. Being an Argentine and a Spurs coach normally would have been enough for the English media to cause problems for him.

Find it surprising that English media have not not "disturbed" Pochettino too much so far. Being an Argentine and a Spurs coach normally would have been enough for the English media to cause problems for him.

The guy has an aura to him that forces respect. We are seeing it with the players and also with the media.

Having said that they will be on him like wolves if we get a hiding this afternoon

I think he has earnt respect from his time at Southampton

Lets wait til the 25 players are settled, including the first eleven, with Plan A.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Fapatalk

Got to say the subs today were not great- however ineffective Eriksen was I thought Townsend was coming on for Lamela but nope. Chadli Lamela Townsend are too similar for me.

Shame Harry Kane didn't get a look in today either ADE huffed and puffed but lacked that killer finish.

Can't completely blame the pock for the brain farts yesterday but he clearly still had his work cut out fixing spurs!

Got to say the subs today were not great- however ineffective Eriksen was I thought Townsend was coming on for Lamela but nope. Chadli Lamela Townsend are too similar for me.

Shame Harry Kane didn't get a look in today either ADE huffed and puffed but lacked that killer finish.

Can't completely blame the pock for the brain farts yesterday but he clearly still had his work cut out fixing spurs!

Chadli isn't similar to Townsend or Lamela at all. He is more physical and a threat in the air, technically very good but plays it safe often ie rarely gives the ball away and would be found in the box a lot more than the other two....

Bench was concerning yesterday, showed some of the limitations Poch has with team

- One striker injury and we are suddenly very light up top
- Townsend/Lennon bring pace, but is that the same as bring a threat?
- Where is the creative player on bench?

Bench was concerning yesterday, showed some of the limitations Poch has with team

- One striker injury and we are suddenly very light up top
- Townsend/Lennon bring pace, but is that the same as bring a threat?
- Where is the creative player on bench?

You say we were light up top, but Kane didnt even get on in a game we were losing....and on recent evidence he's been 2nd choice so Soldado wouldnt have got on anyway.

just love this man poch

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...tched-liverpool-defeat-20-times-30583599.html

"I think that we watched it more than 20 times and every single detail has been analysed. We are a team that needs to learn and improve. We are under a new philosophy but I'm happy with the way we are.
"Because we had time, we had two weeks to prepare for Sunderland and a lot of players were away. We had time to analyse it.
"We need to improve in a lot of things but we need to improve our mental preparation. This is an important way to work in this club.
"We need to create this winning mentality and believe in our skill and our power. This is the one thing we need to improve."
- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...t-20-times-30583599.html#sthash.oUkYgcFt.dpuf

his approach, thoroughness and communications with the press/fans ... just what i wanted in a coach.

with a little bit of luck, i see him becoming one of the great coaches of our time. hopefully that would be with us.

Still not fully convinced of Pochettino. Our lack reaction after going behind to Liverpool is a real concern. The way we simply gave up against Liverpool was really disappointing, especially playing at home. Guess it will take more time for Pochettino to get the best out of the players.

Also, his team selection seems a bit similiar to Sherwood. They have both over rated Adebayor while not giving chances to others like Sandro. Not sure why Adebayor is still our top striker or why Sandro was sold despite being our best defensive midfielder. It is a joke why we never thought of buying another striker.

Back