• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I'm not having a go at the kid Dier but of the five goals we have conceded in the league , four have come down the right side of our penalty area and the other ( Sterling , Liverpool's first ) is a tap-in at his post.

Imagine we conceded 4 out of 5 goals from long balls. Would we get the I'm having a go at Ade but 4 out of 5 goals have come from his area.

Dier is a much better right back than Naughton too. Its just Naughton hasnt been shown up recently.
And what's the point in giving Naughton games when he'll be out the door when Yedlin arrives.

Imagine we conceded 4 out of 5 goals from long balls. Would we get the I'm having a go at Ade but 4 out of 5 goals have come from his area.

Dier is a much better right back than Naughton too. Its just Naughton hasnt been shown up recently.
And what's the point in giving Naughton games when he'll be out the door when Yedlin arrives.

Who the better player is can be debated, but as a RB Naughton is far ahead because he actually knows how to play in that position. We've played two terrible teams in QPR and Sunderland, but against the other two he did not look very competent there.

I see you already know how our squad will look next season. That's quite a gift.

No he's not...

I have seen some encouraging things from Poch so far but I'm super ****ed off about Kaboul being captain, it seems way to early to have a manager make decisions you feel are just utterly wrong.

I don't get the whole bedding in process. If they're good enough they start. Why the **** are we wasting £8m on Fazio to not make the bench? Why is Vertonghen on the bench? If he's not fit then why waste a sub spot? I don't get it.

Lloris, Fazio, Vertonghen, Capoue, Lamela, Eriksen should be 6 names on the team sheet. Now I'm all for players having to fight for their place but that back two is our best, they are the best two centre halves, they play, let them form a solid trusting partnership in front of their captain Lloris. Capoue has to start central midfield, he at least somewhat recycles the ball well, Dembele dwells too long, Bentaleb is a little too inexperienced and Stambouli is an unknown quantity (although I like what I see). Don't even want to mention Paulinho.

Just seems like we have too many of the 'same player' in central midfield. He even dropped Eriksen to central midfield late in the second half but I think even he'd be wasted there. I don't necessarily think we need a play maker Modric type there but someone who can play off Capoue and pass quickly, Stambouli perhaps, who will also offer solidarity. We have two superb creative players in Lamela and Eriksen who should be further forward, two men our "recyclers" in midfield should be passing too quickly before opposition midfielders can react. We've seen it at times, mainly when Bentaleb played alongside Capoue but we don't do it enough, which then in turn nullifies Eriksen when he plays centrally.

I like Chadli, he's a solid player who is proving his worth this season but Eriksen NEEDS to play on the left. He played central at times last year and has done this year and he's never quite hit it off for me. Game tends to pass him by, doesn't take it by the scruff of the neck, but on the left he's great, can cross with his left, cut in and shoot/cross with his right, ALL of his best games for us have come on the left, if he's not on the left, in all honesty i'd rather not see him at all and just put Lamela central with some sort of pace on the right.

Striker issue is worrying too. 5 games in, Chadli is our top goalscorer with Dier in second. Adebayor on his day is great, but his day is rare. I honestly don't think he touched the ball in the second half. Soldado has had his doubters, his whole 2 goals from open play, his misses etc, but he's a creative player, a clever player who I just feel suits our play, suits our style more. He has to start next week for me, HAS to.

I just hope Poch really lays into them, today wasn't acceptable and Poch will know that, he looked absolutely furious. He has a vision, he knows what the players are capable of, but his vision requires 100% focus, team work and dedication. That means if one player isn't giving 100% it affects the performance, now multiply that? We had atleast 2 players today in Chiriches and Adebayor who weren't 100% and these are key areas, centre half and up front and it showed. We were embarrassing at the back and up front.

I like Poch, I admire what he has done at Southampton but he also had players there who loved the club, his key players were those who had been with the club from League One or Championship, could almost say like a family, they were in it together. I believe he can do this with us but it will take ALOT more time and for me will require a lot more effort from the players. I do believe he will achieve here, he needs his time, he needs the support but importantly he needs the players to believe in him, believe in what he envisions and be dedicated to him and the team, if a player isn't then drop him, replace him for someone who wants to play,wants to fight for this club.

To dare is to do.

I have seen some encouraging things from Poch so far but I'm super ****ed off about Kaboul being captain, it seems way to early to have a manager make decisions you feel are just utterly wrong.

I really don't think he wanted Kaboul as his captain. I think he was angling for Musacchio or Schneiderlin to come in, storm around for a few months and then become the on-field lieutenant that he'd subsequently rely on to transmit his tactical plans to the team (particularly in Schneiderlin's case). Nothing else can explain how he ended up sullenly handing Younes Kaboul the captain's armband: Poch isn't unduly dim, and I'm sure he's as doubtful as the rest of us about the sagacity of this move. I think it was forced upon him, though: he really had little alternative once his transfer plans went up in a **** of dust and a mocking laugh emanating from the chairman's office. Perhaps he could have given it to Lloris or Verts, although both those moves are still risks given a) Lloris' lack of command over his own box at times, never mind the team, and b) Verts' general lack-of-****s-given style of play. At least Kaboul tries his hardest, although Ramon Vega was a trier too.

agreed, should have been that joke Adebayor off.

The subs he did today were that of a man who had no plan and was simply 'hoping' it would work. Basically going 2 up top...and wtf is the point with paulinho? what is he going to do exactly? he can't get into a game when he starts yet Poch thinks there's a chance he can do something as a second half sub?

His choice to start Kaboul and chiriches is something i don't even think the two previous idiots in charge would do. I know Poch is a fan of rotation but Kaboul and Chiriches as a partnership in the league? really? i mean really?

I don't think Poch understands how rotation works. Having two different XIs is a terrible idea and completely disrupts any rhytm or progress. Players that are in form and doing well should play more often. We need to find a core that plays most of the games and rotate others in and out to build a better understanding between the players. You can give them longer breaks later in the season if they need one, most important thing is to get it working now.

I don't get the whole bedding in process. If they're good enough they start. Why the **** are we wasting £8m on Fazio to not make the bench? Why is Vertonghen on the bench? If he's not fit then why waste a sub spot? I don't get it.

Lloris, Fazio, Vertonghen, Capoue, Lamela, Eriksen should be 6 names on the team sheet. Now I'm all for players having to fight for their place but that back two is our best, they are the best two centre halves, they play, let them form a solid trusting partnership in front of their captain Lloris. Capoue has to start central midfield, he at least somewhat recycles the ball well, Dembele dwells too long, Bentaleb is a little too inexperienced and Stambouli is an unknown quantity (although I like what I see). Don't even want to mention Paulinho.

Just seems like we have too many of the 'same player' in central midfield. He even dropped Eriksen to central midfield late in the second half but I think even he'd be wasted there. I don't necessarily think we need a play maker Modric type there but someone who can play off Capoue and pass quickly, Stambouli perhaps, who will also offer solidarity. We have two superb creative players in Lamela and Eriksen who should be further forward, two men our "recyclers" in midfield should be passing too quickly before opposition midfielders can react. We've seen it at times, mainly when Bentaleb played alongside Capoue but we don't do it enough, which then in turn nullifies Eriksen when he plays centrally.

I like Chadli, he's a solid player who is proving his worth this season but Eriksen NEEDS to play on the left. He played central at times last year and has done this year and he's never quite hit it off for me. Game tends to pass him by, doesn't take it by the scruff of the neck, but on the left he's great, can cross with his left, cut in and shoot/cross with his right, ALL of his best games for us have come on the left, if he's not on the left, in all honesty i'd rather not see him at all and just put Lamela central with some sort of pace on the right.

Striker issue is worrying too. 5 games in, Chadli is our top goalscorer with Dier in second. Adebayor on his day is great, but his day is rare. I honestly don't think he touched the ball in the second half. Soldado has had his doubters, his whole 2 goals from open play, his misses etc, but he's a creative player, a clever player who I just feel suits our play, suits our style more. He has to start next week for me, HAS to.

I just hope Poch really lays into them, today wasn't acceptable and Poch will know that, he looked absolutely furious. He has a vision, he knows what the players are capable of, but his vision requires 100% focus, team work and dedication. That means if one player isn't giving 100% it affects the performance, now multiply that? We had atleast 2 players today in Chiriches and Adebayor who weren't 100% and these are key areas, centre half and up front and it showed. We were embarrassing at the back and up front.

I like Poch, I admire what he has done at Southampton but he also had players there who loved the club, his key players were those who had been with the club from League One or Championship, could almost say like a family, they were in it together. I believe he can do this with us but it will take ALOT more time and for me will require a lot more effort from the players. I do believe he will achieve here, he needs his time, he needs the support but importantly he needs the players to believe in him, believe in what he envisions and be dedicated to him and the team, if a player isn't then drop him, replace him for someone who wants to play,wants to fight for this club.

To dare is to do.
Here here......why does Poch not recognise this!?

My thoughts are, in the last 15 years our most successful period came under an English manager with a simple 442 with all players played regularly in their best positions. The more we've tried to complicate it the worse it's got.

The subs he did today were that of a man who had no plan and was simply 'hoping' it would work. Basically going 2 up top...and wtf is the point with paulinho? what is he going to do exactly? he can't get into a game when he starts yet Poch thinks there's a chance he can do something as a second half sub?

His choice to start Kaboul and chiriches is something i don't even think the two previous idiots in charge would do. I know Poch is a fan of rotation but Kaboul and Chiriches as a partnership in the league? really? i mean really?

They were redknapp style subs.
We need a goal so throw on another striker and "Paulinho is always good for a goal"

My opinion? The club needs a radical change of thinking with regards to their expectations. Giving a manager less than 3 seasons and expecting them to achieve CL with a negative net spend every season regardless of player turnover is totally unrealistic to put it mildly. If the managers Levy employed all played the same style and philosphy, then it would be at least understandable, but expecting the players to click in one season is clearly not working.

Will this change of thinking come anytime soon? I doubt it, but I live in hope.

Pochettino: "We’re in good condition to play and to have a good performance. Sometimes we are in wrong condition to play and make more mistakes. My feeling, we are uncomfortable on the pitch. The players seemed uncomfortable."

Pochettino: "We’re in good condition to play and to have a good performance. Sometimes we are in wrong condition to play and make more mistakes. My feeling, we are uncomfortable on the pitch. The players seemed uncomfortable."

Did he actually say this verbatim?? **** me what do they need, a cup of tea and comfy slippers. Fur lined football boots.

I tell you what. I bet you I felt a lot more uncomfortable watching that rubbish than they did playing it.

Did he actually say this verbatim?? **** me what do they need, a cup of tea and comfy slippers. Fur lined football boots.

And when I harped on about mentality people on here thought it was just players that needed changing.

It goes far beyond all this who plays bull**** because there is one aspect of our play that has ben consistent for a long time - weak mentality. Condition? what ****ing condition - you go out with the will to win and you ****ing try to achieve that.

You could play Vert and whoever but ultimately we may well have still lost that game because our mentality itself is weak and this runs through the core of the team and the squad.

whats wrong with what hes said? hes basically saying the players were absolutely **** poor and there is no excuse, hardly any played mid week and theres no reason as to why they couldn't create but in a nicer way..

Back