• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I reckon he should start vs QPR but will probably start in midweek. Lennon is just living on borrowed time.

I would go:

Hugo
Dier Kaboul Verts Davies

Capoue Holtby

Lamela Eriksen Townsend

Soldado

Kane & Adebayor as a plan B, plenty of height at the back so we dont have kittens from set pieces. I really believe after such positive impacts Holtby & Townsend should play....maybe try Bentaleb and Holtby as a cm pairing.

Bentaleb needs to continue the partnership with Capoue.

It has been missed by many that it was his early pass that gave Kane enough time to look up and play the reverse pass to Dyer...

Adebayor will play up front

I was on the OS watching the Kaboul post-match interview (after the West Ham match) and couldn't help noticing the amusing contrast in the "Related videos" underneath.

a-tale-of-two-managers.jpg

So when are we going to see this high pressing game then??? i was impressed with it in pre season against the yanks but have not seen any since.

So when are we going to see this high pressing game then??? i was impressed with it in pre season against the yanks but have not seen any since.

Maybe he feels it's a waste of energy pressing against **** like West Ham and limassol?

It's a long season.

Three feackinf goals from open play. We're a long way from the finished article but if the players stick it out I can see up really pick up our results around Xmas time- expect a few patchy results until then. Should also settle down once the transfer window shuts and he has to work with what he has for better or worse.

COY MOPO Spurs!

One of the things about early days of Poch which has me excited is how this young man conducts himself. Absolutely NO moaning whatsoever (he gets on with what he has and leaves his questions/requests behind closed doors), absolutely NO denigration of anyone in the squad, only speaks positively with the press and avoids any attempts at cheap self-promotion. The guys is a class act. What a relief given some of the clownery we've seen in the manager's chair in recent times...

Well it's all wins so far...and transfers not settled yet...But I agree that Poch looks and behaves like a real pro, no shooting from the hip.

d345cf6952ea8dd3e3d869bed1b524e7_crop_exact.png

One of the things about early days of Poch which has me excited is how this young man conducts himself. Absolutely NO moaning whatsoever (he gets on with what he has and leaves his questions/requests behind closed doors), absolutely NO denigration of anyone in the squad, only speaks positively with the press and avoids any attempts at cheap self-promotion. The guys is a class act. What a relief given some of the clownery we've seen in the manager's chair in recent times...

Have to agree with all this. Had Sherwood been in charge for the west ham game I've no doubt that he'd have publicly proclaimed that the performance was not good enough, which on day 1 of the season could well have been disastrous.

Poch seems to be very professional whilst still retaining some personality with the press

I liked what I saw Sunday obviously, from my view on the west-stand I would be watching the game but every time I looked down poch was standing there patrolling the technical area, feeling every pass, motivating, giving instructions, minutes went by when I was engrossed in the game, I look down again and there he is. I love that in a manager rather than the sitting type who take notes...(you can watch the game back later and do that with a better view than the dugout!)

None of us will get carried away as this is all in its infancy, however the signs, the start has been encouraging. The longer we can keep winning the more confidence we will gain obviously, and players will buy into Poch's ethos more and more.

Great early signs but the test will be to see how we react after a poor result, unless poch fancies going unbeaten in his debut season \o/

I was strongly anti-Poch - as i didn't think his track record was good enough and didn't buy into the idea he could bring the Southampton-style of playing last season into Spurs. I am more than happy to say that four games in, and based in no small part on what happened last night (more so than on Sunday) it looks like I was wrong. I only watched on TV last night as couldn't get there but the way the team pressed for possession for the full 90 minutes and then kept the ball once we had it was so impressive. What surprised me most was that that is the level of performance he got out of an eleven who, so far this season, are not all first choice. So whether it was a case of certain individuals (Davies, Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho) wanting to prove themselves, or whether it is because they as more experienced players 'get' Poch's system a little better, or whether it is because the system is working, i don't know. But whichever it is, i was v impressed with what i saw last night. Long may it continue.

Im loving Poch so far, the 2nd half was an example of the new Spurs, players who last year couldnt give 2 ****s were pressing, closing down, hunting the ball, loved it

By the way, my Colombian friend says the Argentinian way of pronouncing Pochettino is Pockettino, not Potchettino

Am I not right in saying that Pocketino would be the Italian style and Poch would be the Spanish?

Back