• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I'll judge him on how he reacts when things start to go a bit Pete Tong. AVB used to just stand there looking bewildered. I'm hoping Poch has a lot more about him.

I just don't think AVB was cut out for the premier League. He took things far too personally when things went wrong

Sign of a good manager is always how they react when things go wrong. Man Utd developed a reputation for coming back from bad defeats, or goal deficits to win the game, or win the next game shows what a good manager Fergie was.

Man U would sometimes suffer a horrendous defeat but next game they'd be a different team. Also, the amount of times they came back from 2-0 or 3-0 down to draw or win was ridiculous.

Mourinho's never afraid to make a sub before half-time if things look fairly **** for Chelsea early doors either.

I think in the main we are going to enjoy this season....entertainment wise...though I cant help thinking that there will be some frustrating days where we will dominate a match only to come away with nothing due to being done on the counter, I also predict we will let a couple of goals lead slip a fair few times this season, leading to instances where poch is criticised for not shutting up shop and so forth.....cant really explain why I have that opinion just a feeling in my gut.

Patience is required because there are changes squad wise to be done and much learning from our players in respect of how poch is wanting us to play....there will be bumps along the way but I can only hope the players belief in poch does not waver...this is more important than fans feelings.

I think that if the club can get business done that is essential, ins and outs...I think given time we will be on an upward curve with this guy and we will be in for a treat in the long run.

As far as this season goes I cant see past fifth, sixth as I personally dont think we have the required firepower to get top 4, would love to be proved wrong about this though with Soldado smashing it up this year....either way I hope we dont have to lose to those macaronic f**k**s next saturday, I am reasonable and patient but I dont think I could take another spam whitewash.

Good Luck Poch for this season...get the roller-coaster started!! COYS!

i'm bracing myself for a slow and uneven start.
i think poch will take the whole window to get the squad down to the right players; we will need another 2-3 months or so before we start functioning smoothly as a unit, europa being a necessary distration and all that.

its a(nother) transitional season!

i'm bracing myself for a slow and uneven start.
i think poch will take the whole window to get the squad down to the right players; we will need another 2-3 months or so before we start functioning smoothly as a unit, europa being a necessary distration and all that.

its a(nother) transitional season!
He managed to get the Southampton players to adopt his ideas pretty quickly.

I just don't think AVB was cut out for the premier League. He took things far too personally when things went wrong

i think he was a control freak and had to have a chairman that would acede him absolute trust in player selection even in the presence of a DOF. Levy and Abramovich belong to the same class of chairmen who like to get involved in the details.

He managed to get the Southampton players to adopt his ideas pretty quickly.

True, but that doesn't mean that the same will happen here. I agree with metalgear that we should be prepared for a potentially rocky start and be ready to give Poch a lot of time and patience.

(Not saying that you wouldn't, you always seem eminently reasonable about most things)

young group of impressionable, ego-less players, one game a week.
quite the opposite now.

In terms of impressionable players willing to learn, we're a pretty good fit as far as bigger clubs go.

The extra game a week will help bed in ideas rather than be a hindrance IMO.

True, but that doesn't mean that the same will happen here. I agree with metalgear that we should be prepared for a potentially rocky start and be ready to give Poch a lot of time and patience.

(Not saying that you wouldn't, you always seem eminently reasonable about most things)
I'm prepared for it all to take a while to settle. I was just trying to come up with some reasons to be optimistic.

I'm prepared for it all to take a while to settle. I was just trying to come up with some reasons to be optimistic.

I'm optimistic too :)

Just worried that sometimes undue optimism means that the mood turns sour quickly if those high expectations aren't met. (Again, not aimed at you)

I'm optimistic too :)

Just worried that sometimes undue optimism means that the mood turns sour quickly if those high expectations aren't met. (Again, not aimed at you)
It's my favourite time of year as a Spurs fan, before the results and cruel reality spoil everything.

452759102-manager-mauricio-pochettino-of-tottenham-hotspur.jpg

two-watch poch? just like the other argentinian coach

736817d1339704768-left-right-wrist-352303-diego-maradona.jpg

Poch = Organ Grinder :)

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...hairman-backs-club-for-champions-league-spot/

With his successor Tim Sherwood also departing after last season’s sixth-place finish, Sugar believes that Pochettino is the right man to get the best out of the current side after his success with the Saints, provided he asserts his influence over the squad from the get-go.

‘A fourth-place finish is definitely obtainable – no question of it. We’ve got to go for it,’ he told Sky Sports News.

‘I followed his progress at Southampton and he clearly made them work very, very well. Rumour has it that he as a bit of a task master and makes the players really train well.

‘The first thing is that you have to let people know who the organ grinder is and you’ve got to assert your authority.

‘There are some characters and personalities in the team, as there are in other teams, who feel they’re superior and think they have a divine right to play or not play, or be in certain positons and disagree with the manager.

‘If he finds that early, he should get rid of them. He should make it very clear and get rid of them.’

young group of impressionable, ego-less players, one game a week.
quite the opposite now.

Our squad is also young with not too many big egos.

Everything we've seen and heard from them over the past month has suggested that they are really enjoying their work under Poch. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, of course - and we can't make a sound judgement until the season starts - but I see no reason why we shouldn't position ourselves in the top six during the first few months of the season and make a decent challenge for 5th, or even 4th, once the new pattern of play has become properly grooved in.

As to Europa League involvement, it's all about sensible use of the squad. Get it right and we have sufficient strength in depth to handle all competitions.

Back