• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

This season's all about us supporters.

I've not been for a few years myself so intend to get up their a few times and sing my little heart out.

His calmness and approach makes me all warm and fuzzy. I am so comfortable with this guy as coach. He has a plan and the players seem happy. Training looks organised.

Ahhh, the positivity before a new season kicks off. Nothing quite like it. Let's hope it last for a while. ;)

this bloke looks like a proper manager. long as he gets us playing some decent footy, i will be a happy man.

well played levy!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...rovide-great-entertainment-at-White-Hart-Lane
<section class="text-description">The new Tottenham manager revealed that, unlike predecessors Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood, he has been given no mandate to finish in the top four by chairman Daniel Levy - or indeed any sort of target.

Freed from those restraints, he intends to put entertainment above everything else in the hope of getting the club back on the trophy trail.

Speaking at length of the first time since his appointment, Pochettino said in the players' restaurant at the club's state-of-the-art training ground: "For me, it is about exciting football, pressing high, playing with flair - this is our philosophy that we want to get down. We want to put all these things in place.

"Always the result is important but just as important is the ride you take to get to the result.

"I have not been given any targets. But my personal target? "That is to win every game and, if you do that right to the end of the season, it is possible that you will win some trophies. That is always my ambition.

</section>

I'm taking my two boys to the Lane tomorrow for the Schalke match. Are there any Pochettino songs for us to give him a big welcome?

I like his calmness as well, seems to have a great self confidence and good sense of humor, must help with getting the respect of the players.

One thing I love about this guy is that unlike Sherwood and Redknapp is he not an attention seeking media harlot

For me, it is about exciting football, pressing high, playing with flair - this is our philosophy that we want to get down. We want to put all these things in place.

"Always the result is important but just as important is the ride you take to get to the result.

"I have not been given any targets. But my personal target?

"That is to win every game and, if you do that right to the end of the season, it is possible that you will win some trophies. That is always my ambition.

I really like the cut of his jibe

Worth a read:

Spurs have around 30 senior players in their ranks and, although Under-21 players would not need to be named in the 25-man Premier League squad to be eligible, Pochettino is keen to streamline his squad.

Asked how many players he needs to sign before the end of the current transfer window, the new head coach said: “Not many, not many. We have a long, long squad.

“I think we need to take a decision now to decide how many players to keep, because we have more than 25. For me, it’s too many players. My idea is 25, no more than 25.

“We need to decide now, after our tour in America, and start to work here and decide our squad for the future.”

Tottenham will be fighting on four fronts this season, including the Europa League.

Earlier in the year, when he was in charge of Southampton, Pochettino said the tournament “kills” teams and “it’s not a competition that appeals to me”.

He has changed his tune since moving to White Hart Lane, stating that Spurs will be seeking to win every available trophy.

However, he stopped short of saying he would field his strongest side on the continent, underlining the importance of squad rotation.

“In every competition that we enter, we need to think ‘we win the competition’,” he said. “We need this mentality and, if we play in the Europa League, we need to play to win.

“We have a very good squad, we have 25 players, and you decide in every moment to choose the best players – the right players – for each game.

“We have a good balance in the squad and it is important to manage the different players, because it is impossible to play with 11 players all season.

“You always have injuries and you need to give some players time to recover. For that, you need a good balance in your squad and competition between them to improve our level.”

Spurs’ primary goal in recent years has been a top-four finish and Champions League qualification, but Pochettino says his immediate priority is to establish a new philosophy and style, ideally combined with good results.

“I don’t have any specific target,” he said. “Tottenham is a big club, you always need to win every game. But, at the moment, we need to develop our philosophy, our style.

“It’s true that our style is playing attacking football, pressing high, and giving our fans enjoyment of the game. Then you need to get results.

“We need to play to win but in our style and our philosophy - keeping the ball and playing forward - and never changing anything, whether you play Real Madrid [or someone else].”

As he prepares to begin the new season with Tottenham, Pochettino is hoping to follow in the footsteps of two of his countrymen – Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa – by becoming an Argentine Spurs legend.

“I met with them, with Ossie and Ricardo Villa, the last game we played at White Hart Lane with Southampton,” said Pochettino. “For me, it’s an honour to be here.

“I was six years old during the 1978 World Cup [which Argentina won on home soil]. I watched the game on a black and white TV, it was unbelievable.

“Ossie is in love with Tottenham and he’s an idol here. All he told me about Tottenham was great, unbelievable. When I arrived he said ‘well done’. He’s happy, and now I can invite him to a barbecue at my house to spend time with him.”

One of Pochettino’s briefs will be to get the best out of some of last summer’s signings such as his fellow Argentine Erik Lamela and Spanish striker Roberto Soldado, who both endured disappointing campaigns in 2013/14 – but the new boss feels a lot of people underestimate the difficulty of moving to the Premier League.

The head coach said: “I hope that all our squad improves but it’s important to know that Soldado and Lamela – all the players who arrived from a different league – when they don’t speak the same language, it’s difficult to adapt.

“For me it was the same. When I was in Spain I thought ‘England, it’s okay, the league - it’s competitive’. But when you arrive you say ‘oh it’s hard, it’s very hard’ - and then you realise that it’s the most competitive league.

“When you stay outside you say ‘it’s easy. It’s easy to play there, easy to manage there’. But when you arrive, you say ‘this is impossible to compare’. It’s not the same. Here, it’s hard.”

I'll judge him on how he reacts when things start to go a bit Pete Tong. AVB used to just stand there looking bewildered. I'm hoping Poch has a lot more about him.

Thing I like about MP is that the fanbase seems united behind him. We've had so many years of tactical manager being sacked for motivational manager and round and round, and it's caused massive divisions in the fans as they all seemed to fit into one camp with their preferences. Now at least everyone seems to have realised (including Levy) we can't just expect top 4 and with a bit of patience we can see something good develop, and also that there's no point criticising the current manager for something that he isn't. It's good stuff.

I'll judge him on how he reacts when things start to go a bit Pete Tong. AVB used to just stand there looking bewildered. I'm hoping Poch has a lot more about him.

6fR0yiP.png

Thing I like about MP is that the fanbase seems united behind him. We've had so many years of tactical manager being sacked for motivational manager and round and round, and it's caused massive divisions in the fans as they all seemed to fit into one camp with their preferences. Now at least everyone seems to have realised (including Levy) we can't just expect top 4 and with a bit of patience we can see something good develop, and also that there's no point criticising the current manager for something that he isn't. It's good stuff.

Sadly, I don't think that the unity will last or at least online.

Sadly, I don't think that the unity will last or at least online.

Probably not, but considering every last manager since Jol got sacked has been starting with a serious negative balance in terms of goodwill from what felt like at least half of the fan base as soon as they got the job, this still feels like good new territory to be in.

And as long as Poch keeps us in the top 6, fighting for the top 4, playing good football and allowing our talented squad of players to show their talents, there won't be too much to complain about.

Inevitably internet tactical geniuses will start questioning things as they always do but broadly I reckon this nice feeling can run for a little while yet, barring some sort of absolute disaster in his first few months.

Back