• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Not blaming Poch, but quite incredible that we never learn from this.

I did think early on in this window, that we'd got our act together and we were doing really well with our dealings but then, it all seemed to grind to a halt and we got the ongoing Adebayor dramas instead.

It's a poor show for a club as wealthy as ours to go into it's PL campaign with no strikers on the bench, it just sends out all the wrong signals. LVG would've chucked to himself that he were actually approached by that club to be their manager, and how Mark Hughes would've enjoyed seeing Harry Kane make his way to the bench with still nearly a half hour to go.

I did think early on in this window, that we'd got our act together and we were doing really well with our dealings but then, it all seemed to grind to a halt and we got the ongoing Adebayor dramas instead.

It's a poor show for a club as wealthy as ours to go into it's PL campaign with no strikers on the bench, it just sends out all the wrong signals. LVG would've chucked to himself that he were actually approached by that club to be their manager, and how Mark Hughes would've enjoyed seeing Harry Kane make his way to the bench with still nearly a half hour to go.

Strangely though there are a lot of sides on our league looking for strikers

United need at least one you whisk assume

Chelsea and City are rumoured to be looking

Us Of course and arsenal too

Wet spam never have enough

Strangely though there are a lot of sides on our league looking for strikers

United need at least one you whisk assume

Chel53a and City are rumoured to be looking

Us Of course and Ar5ena1 too

Wet spam never have enough

So we could've stole a march ? Anyway, some of those are looking to sign a third and fourth striker, it's just not the same as our situation.

There are a lot of idiots on the internet that think they know better than the professionals.

...but, there are a lot of very very stupid people employed in senior posititions at football clubs. Often based around completely irrelevant skill sets like how good they were as a player, or their charisma. Analysing football and understanding what the team needs is a very specific ability - and I've seen plenty of managers at Spurs and other clubs that clearly don't spot things any better than the average mug fan

I can't dance with most of that, but having played the game at the top level the players who go into management would know a lot more then those who win trophys on their computer games. Some having never kicked a ball in anger think they know it all because they play on a bloody abacus and win.

how long before a football club employs a football manager genius

after all, if a simple translator can go on to be one of the most successful managers ever, and a DVD analyser/tea boy can win trophies and manage some top clubs, then anything is possible;)

And how often does that happen?

You're right. I think the right changes were made at the right times in many games last season, hence a lot of coming from behind and winning late on as the guy above says. Of course, there were times when it started badly and all went to ****, but that happens.

I am interested to see what Poch can do once he gets the squad how he wants it. I think a forward like Berahino or Hernandez, N'Jie and a DM like Bender, Kramer or something like that and he will have what he wants. Its up to him to build something impressive then.

By that I don't necessarily mean top 4. That's not Poch's target, his target for a "perform" rating to use business speak is top 6. We have the 6th biggest budget so we should finish 6th. 6th is "perform", 5th is an "over perform", Top 4 is "star perform".

It's something to aim for but not something to beat him with if we don't achieve it.

What I'm looking for isn't more flexibility, it's actually less flexibility, I want less plan B coming into action to rescue games and more team cohesion and 90 minute cohesive performances where we d*ck teams in the first half and relax in the second half.

That would represent progress even if the league position doesn't move upwards (or even moves downwards if Liverpool get their act together.
Sorry mate, I just read this and couldn't ignore the irony. :)

I do agree, though.

I was just wondering which manager showed the flexibility you would like to see from Poch

Probably not worth going there ....

In actuality what I would like to see from Poch is something that distinguishes himself from the last 5+ managers

Hard truth is BMJ, Redknapp, AVB, TS and Poch all finished between 6th-4th, huge argument could be made that none of them overachieved, that 6th-4th is functionally par for course based on our squad/spend. All relied on a star player for their best season (Carrick, Berbs, Modric, Bale, Ade, Kane) and all could have probably done just a little better.

What is Poch going to do different?

Back