• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The beIN SPORTS anchor says he has been told that Pochettino has now lost the dressing room.

Richard Keys wrote on his blog: "I certainly didn’t expect the mess that’s developed at Spurs. Pochettino has got to go. Pochettino will go.

"It’s the only way to start the healing process. Both he and that dressing room need a new start.

"They’ve grown tired of each other. It’s as true today as it always was – either change the coach regularly, or the players.

"The latter isn’t going to happen so it’s got to be Poch.

"I’m being told that he’s lost the players. As we know, that only ends one way."

Im guessing he isnt being told a damn thing. I didnt even realise this clam was still working. Please tell me he hasnt got Andy Gray still on the tv as well?!

Who the fudge would listen to keys, and why is somebody paying him money for this horse manure.

Re moving players on, was it a compromise with Toby and eriksen that at least if we didn't get our targets we had them as back up?
Wanyama baffles me, he's done and we can have no need for him. A cut price move might have sited everyone.
A pity as I loved the big guy.

Re moving players on, was it a compromise with Toby and eriksen that at least if we didn't get our targets we had them as back up?

Eriksen I think was good to go from our POV, except no bids actually materialised (that he was interested in).

Similarly Alderweireld I think. As Finney said, going into the window we all fully expected him to get snapped up at £25m, and yet there was only Roma looking for a discount...

I imagine plan A was to let them go, with some replacements in mind (Fernandez/Anderson?) but if they stay they stay, quality players, good depth.

I doubt anyone expected their form to slump so terribly.

Eriksen clearly isn’t staying regardless. Neither is Toby.

I’m more than happy to have a season of finishing 6th if we can get back on to a good plane the next season. Given Poch predicted these issues and has massively over achieved, I think he deserves the chance to put it right. For some reason, a number of our squad want to leave. I don’t think a new Manager helps them renew their love for the club.

I also think Poch if he’s being honest with Levy in private probably feels massively let down by the players. They could have stayed committed rather than angling for a move out the first chance they got, and probably would have got new contracts that may have reinvigorated them with new money if they trusted our plan once getting to the stadium. I also think Toby and Eriksen are probably slightly embarrassed that they didn’t get the moves they expected, and that might be effecting them.

All of this. But Poch will sort himself quickly. I think he has been bewildered but I expect to see firm action in the coming weeks. He has to keep them all onside til Jan at the same time showing them that no-one is guaranteed the shirt. I believe he will sort himself. And I agree re:embarrassment of those two. Toby should feel ashamed; he fluffy bunnies cuddlingd for money beyond what he was worth and now has been quietly trying to get a deal again. Off he goes. As for Eriksen, it is like he lives in some fairy land where he thinks his words will have no impact. Referring to his situation in terms of a fudging video game was a massive, massive insult.

The club was overachieving from a financial point of view, he was not overachieving with the squad at his disposal relevant to the rest of the league, United arsenal have got themselves into a state, Chelsea have had random seasons, at the end of 16/17 we were the best team in the league, at the end of 17/18 we were ahead of Liverpool.

Whatever the reasons that halted the progress is a different discussion but he certainly did not overachieve in those three seasons you are speaking of.

Yes he did!
He also dealt with losing our home for two seasons (one more than he was told) and rebuilding the expectations and mentality of everyone associated with the club.
He was two years ahead of schedule at all times until mid last season!

If you don't believe very credible people who said Poch refused several signings the summer we didn't sign anyone.

He did turn some down because they were “options” not first choices, and given our finances/his squad management, he could not accommodate squad fodder.

All of this. But Poch will sort himself quickly. I think he has been bewildered but I expect to see firm action in the coming weeks. He has to keep them all onside til Jan at the same time showing them that no-one is guaranteed the shirt. I believe he will sort himself. And I agree re:embarrassment of those two. Toby should feel ashamed; he fluffy bunnies cuddlingd for money beyond what he was worth and now has been quietly trying to get a deal again. Off he goes. As for Eriksen, it is like he lives in some fairy land where he thinks his words will have no impact. Referring to his situation in terms of a fudging video game was a massive, massive insult.

I think again we have to be careful how much we bash Eriksen for his 'words' given Poch himself said publicly he'd leave if we'd won the CL - Twice.

I don't think Poch did himself any favours by not publicly practising what he preached re attitude to the collective and loyalty. We also don't do ourselves (or players like Eriksen) when we apply different rules to Poch than we do to them, so it's probably best we drop the digs at Eriksen over his comments...

Poch, you saying that you don't have a go at the players ain't what I want to hear right now.

You're meant to be some old skool nutty Argentine, fudging stop trying to be liked and do your job.

They certainly do act and behave like a cult. Can’t deny it works for them though. Not that I would want our club to behave like them but I do wish we we had their belief. It also must come from being successful. Similar to Real Madrid. They’ve had so much success that they have become accustomed to it.

The big conundrum for us is how to we become consistently successful? You don’t get that winning meteorology unless you actually win things, on a consistent basis. I think @DubaiSpur made the point, only Spurs could have a shot of winning every major trophy on offer (except the Europa league) in a 5 year period and win absolutely none of them.
You don't win things on a consistent basis without a winning mentality......

You don't win things on a consistent basis without a winning meteorology......

Uh oh, here we go again...

tenor.gif

I think again we have to be careful how much we bash Eriksen for his 'words' given Poch himself said publicly he'd leave if we'd won the CL - Twice.

I don't think Poch did himself any favours by not publicly practising what he preached re attitude to the collective and loyalty. We also don't do ourselves (or players like Eriksen) when we apply different rules to Poch than we do to them, so it's probably best we drop the digs at Eriksen over his comments...

Why, poch said he may leave if we won the biggest prize in club football with a squad few thought are capable of it, having played away from home for almost two seasons and press reports ever week that or one of his top players were away. I'd say if he had chosen to leave after that he would have went with most people's blessings.
Eriksen want to leave because we're just a stepping stone.

Why, poch said he may leave if we won the biggest prize in club football with a squad few thought are capable of it, having played away from home for almost two seasons and press reports ever week that or one of his top players were away. I'd say if he had chosen to leave after that he would have went with most people's blessings.
Eriksen want to leave because we're just a stepping stone.

And the difference is...?

The difference is poch IF we had won the CL final may have felt he was entitled to a break.
Eriksen is leaving regardless.

Maybe Eriksen feels he needs a break from Spurs? After all he's been here longer...playing devil's advocate, but can't you see how the only difference is that one is the manager whilst the other is 'just' a player?

I don't think either necessarily deserve criticism, but when one takes actions, complains etc about players needing to show full commitment to THFC, then it's a bit rich to say openly TWICE that he himself would have left if certain conditions happened.

i can't see why anyone can't see the problem with the hypocrisy here. Vilify the both for their comments or don't villify either...

I know which raises the point how can he hope to built a team when his preferred system has a lifespan of of 2-3 years, and building a new system is one thing, building a system that exposes players and makes them worse and sticking with it is another, there are plenty of systems that achieve what you suggested.

The last year there has not been a single sign of improvement we still look like it’s the first time we have played it, and whatever positives the system has they are far outweighed by negatives.

I don't think his preferred style of play would have a shelf life if he was regularly able to tweak the squad during transfer windows.

Through a combination of us building the stadium (having less money free to spend) and having a high quality set of players already here we haven't been able to tweak the squad how we are now are able to - we've kept the same ageing group together for too long and are now feeling the negative effects of that. Were we able to bring 2 primary targets in each summer, like our rivals do, to compete for a starting position these past 3/4 years then i don't think we'd be in this mess and Pochettinos style of play (which has adapted and changed over time tbf anyway) would be ticking along just nicely.

We've expected him to compromise on that front while we got our brick together off the field with the stadium before spending in the market - would be a bit unfair to not cut him some slack given the current faults with the squad largely stem from those circumstances put upon him (not that he hasn't got his fair share of the blame)

Back