• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

The most worrying thing for me is that (Mason aside) the players aren't even working hard. Numerous players in our first team simply cannot be bothered to track the opponent's runs. However they're still in the team week in week out. Could you imagine a player failing to track a single run if playing under a manager like Alex Ferguson?

Anyone else feel he's lost the dressing room already? I'd quite like to lose them also.

Anyone else feel he's lost the dressing room already? I'd quite like to lose them also.

Vert/Eriksen obviously don't play for him
Most of the rest he can't motivate

But again, he ****s himself, he gave Ade the first what, 10 games? to prove what everyone who has seen Ade play all his career already knows?

Lloris, Mason, Rose, Kane, Lamela, Soldado to me, all have fight in them, how many times have they been on the pitch at the same time?

EXACTLY ! How quickly people (choose to) forget.

Mostly or almost exclusively good mangers/good fits hit the ground running, I'm still waiting for anyone to provide an example of where this wasn't the case, bar SAF.

I enjoyed the Redknapp days, but lets not pretend that there weren't plenty of dissenters around complaining about his lack of a game plan/system.

Problem for Poch is he is not making the simple choices, to me he has the AVB sickness, so obsessed with system/style he forgets the basics

Captain -> easy, safe choice (no controversy, no worries about player making 11 on form) = Lloris
Defend better -> Naughton - Vert - Dier - Davies, stop the overcommit/suicide FB play
We lack scoring options, against "lesser" teams and at home, opt for two up front (Kane +1)
Play wide players that will play wide.

Sort the midfield -> Mason - Eirksen - Chadli have earned their spot,
Try Stambouli instead of Capoue

Opt for Lennon/Townsend/Lamela as an option when you go 1 up front

In my opinion Vert & Eriksen are smart players, they can see the obvious even more than we can, get to some basics, get the team playing and they will respind.

It's criminal really

We look like the AVB team but worse!!!

We have a coach/manager sticking with what he wants when it plainly isn't working. It's blinkered and borderline arrogant. Square pegs in round hoes don't work yet we persist on trying

The other thing for me is we need to defend from the front but to do that you have to work bloody hard. We do it so badly we constantly exposed across the pitch

I enjoyed the Redknapp days, but lets not pretend that there weren't plenty of dissenters around complaining about his lack of a game plan/system.

There were indeed, but **** me were they wrong.

Maybe wrong about Sherwood as well. And if things go really tits up. I'm sure they will be wrong about pulis as well.

It's criminal really

We look like the AVB team but worse!!!

We have a coach/manager sticking with what he wants when it plainly isn't working. It's blinkered and borderline arrogant. Square pegs in round hoes don't work yet we persist on trying

The other thing for me is we need to defend from the front but to do that you have to work bloody hard. We do it so badly we constantly exposed across the pitch

???

Vert/Eriksen obviously don't play for him
Most of the rest he can't motivate

But again, he ****s himself, he gave Ade the first what, 10 games? to prove what everyone who has seen Ade play all his career already knows?

Lloris, Mason, Rose, Kane, Lamela, Soldado to me, all have fight in them, how many times have they been on the pitch at the same time?

Maybe the difference is, if you're a manager coming into a new group with established egos that you need to get onside, the way to keep them onside as long as possible is to give the experienced players the shirt first. Then, rather than upsetting a senior head and risking that poison spreading throughout the squad, the senior player either plays well enough to keep his shirt, or he plays his way out of the team where he can have no complaints.

As I said, there are way more considerations we need to be making when we don't have all the info. It's a large part of why instant results can't be expected this season.

So... you want Pulis in charge now, I take it?:-k

No. I would give pouch more time, as will levy. But if he continues in the downward spiral (trademark avb) that he is presently on and pulis does come in. And turns it around, then I will be as happy as larry, because I don't give a **** who the manger is, as long as we play good football and win... Others won't be so happy.

Maybe the difference is, if you're a manager coming into a new group with established egos that you need to get onside, the way to keep them onside as long as possible is to give the experienced players the shirt first. Then, rather than upsetting a senior head and risking that poison spreading throughout the squad, the senior player either plays well enough to keep his shirt, or he plays his way out of the team where he can have no complaints.

As I said, there are way more considerations we need to be making when we don't have all the info. It's a large part of why instant results can't be expected this season.

Why not with verts then? And I'm not one that thinks Ade has been bad... Or at least any worse than anyone else.

My only main worry about us hiring Pottechino was this seeming reputation for 'constant pressing', a la Bielsa.

I worried that this would lead to fatigue later in the season and perhaps needed a foil of having 'downtime' during a game, especially when winning when you can recharge batteries, either by keeping steady almost sterile possession or allowing the opposition have the ball but not give them spaces in dangerous areas.

Could it be there is already an early player revolt to the extra physical demands of the training methods related to this 'constant press'?

In fact, for those who have watched MoPo's previous teams and Bielsa's how similar/different are they to the pressing style of Dortmund?
Do Simeone's Atletico Madrid side employ a similar 'constant pressing' style?

Finally, is the 'constantly pressing' style only one that can be taken on by players who would traditionally be 'underdogs' in terms of skill and ability, whereby an attempt is being made to 'punch above their weight' ?

No. I would give pouch more time, as will levy. But if he continues in the downward spiral (trademark avb) that he is presently on and pulis does come in. And turns it around, then I will be as happy as larry, because I don't give a **** who the manger is, as long as we play good football and win... Others won't be so happy.

I would take Pulis if Poch does not succeed.

Thing is, Redknapp came in, saw what was wrong and got in what we needed (Palacios). This is the period of competitive games where Poch can see what is wrong and know who he can count on, who he can get rid of and more importantly who we need in January.

As for the decision to get rid of Redknapp and Sherwood. I'd still stand by Levy on both counts. Redknapp dug his own grave and was disloyal to the club. From a football sense it was a poor decision although I'd like to know how we'd have done if AVB did have Modric in the 2012/2013 season. He did make us stronger against the big teams, just not so good against the smaller one's. As for Sherwood; I'd like to know what he'd have done with the summer and how he'd have us set up. At this time when we don't have the finances, his method of binning half the squad was too severe for the board to support. It was sensible to go for the guy who had more experience and reckoned they could get the best out of the squad we had.

I think Baldini should be the one to go though. Bring in Cortese (?sp) who worked with Poch at Southampton perhaps.

My only main worry about us hiring Pottechino was this seeming reputation for 'constant pressing', a la Bielsa.

I worried that this would lead to fatigue later in the season and perhaps needed a foil of having 'downtime' during a game, especially when winning when you can recharge batteries, either by keeping steady almost sterile possession or allowing the opposition have the ball but not give them spaces in dangerous areas.

Could it be there is already an early player revolt to the extra physical demands of the training methods related to this 'constant press'?

In fact, for those who have watched MoPo's previous teams and Bielsa's how similar/different are they to the pressing style of Dortmund?
Do Simeone's Atletico Madrid side employ a similar 'constant pressing' style?

Finally, is the 'constantly pressing' style only one that can be taken on by players who would traditionally be 'underdogs' in terms of skill and ability, whereby an attempt is being made to 'punch above their weight' ?

We are not doing any constant pressing at the moment. In fact I'm mot sure whether we are intending to press or not. But we still play a high line, with advanced full backs, but yet no organised pressing -which is suicidal. As we are discovering.

Thing is, Redknapp came in, saw what was wrong and got in what we needed (Palacios). This is the period of competitive games where Poch can see what is wrong and know who he can count on, who he can get rid of and more importantly who we need in January.

As for the decision to get rid of Redknapp and Sherwood. I'd still stand by Levy on both counts. Redknapp dug his own grave and was disloyal to the club. From a football sense it was a poor decision although I'd like to know how we'd have done if AVB did have Modric in the 2012/2013 season. He did make us stronger against the big teams, just not so good against the smaller one's. As for Sherwood; I'd like to know what he'd have done with the summer and how he'd have us set up. At this time when we don't have the finances, his method of binning half the squad was too severe for the board to support. It was sensible to go for the guy who had more experience and reckoned they could get the best out of the squad we had.

I think Baldini should be the one to go though. Bring in Cortese (?sp) who worked with Poch at Southampton perhaps.

Nooooo scrap the system all together and let it rot till the distant future when our childrens childrens children wonder whether we ever had such a system.

Good memory. It's easy to forget some of the details you highlight.

Back