• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Whether I'm happy or not isn't relevant. 1.27 ppg is NOT relegation form.

Its not far off. If we hadn't blagged Villa last week we'd be looking at total of 38 points. True relegation fodder.

Do you think we are going to be scrapping to avoid getting dragged into a relegation scrap? I do.

Last season 46 points would have seen us in 11th place. I expect to see us reach 60 at least. The poor teams are so obsessed with drawing games that anything above 36 should see you safe.

People calling for Poch to go make no sense to me. What is he really doing that's so bad? Pretty much every other club can play a 4231. Playing Townsend, Capoue and Fazio? All good players who should be able to take on Stoke.

For some reason these players largely seem to fail to be able to implement any sort of system, whether it's been Ramps, AVB or Poch. I think the culture of the club that has meant that players know the managers will be sacked pretty soonish if results aren't there and has meant that some would be happy to dissent. I'm glad Levy seems to now back Poch bigger than he has any other manager before, it's like hes realised there is no magic cure and every manager is going to go through some hard times if we are ever going to be any good.

Really didn't want Poch I wanted Benitez, someone with plenty of PL and European experience and success.

But, we have him and his methods which aren't working with the players at the moment. The most worrying thing for me is I'm not seeing any improvement in ANY of the games this season. Apparently we played quite well v Emirates Marketing Project which I didn't see (and yet still lost 4-1) and our game v **** was up there as the best defensive performance, but in an attacking sense and as a working team unit we look poor each time I watch even against poor/average sides.

Some of Poch's selections are baffling as has been well mentioned on here and unless the team starts performing to a higher level the next few games after the International break then I can only see Levy pulling out his gun again...

Last season 46 points would have seen us in 11th place. I expect to see us reach 60 at least. The poor teams are so obsessed with drawing games that anything above 36 should see you safe.

I admire your optimism dude but we don't look like the home side at home anymore, and we actually appear to play better away from home. With all of the top 4 to come and play us at home, I can't see us picking up many points against them, and now even the lesser teams are beating us at home. Where we would have the odd slip up at home, like Wigan, or a hull, Fulham. We already have had 3 shockers against west brom, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and stoke. Can you imagine if burnley or Leicester beat us at home?

People calling for Poch to go make no sense to me. What is he really doing that's so bad? Pretty much every other club can play a 4231. Playing Townsend, Capoue and Fazio? All good players who should be able to take on Stoke.

For some reason these players largely seem to fail to be able to implement any sort of system, whether it's been Ramps, AVB or Poch. I think the culture of the club that has meant that players know the managers will be sacked pretty soonish if results aren't there and has meant that some would be happy to dissent. I'm glad Levy seems to now back Poch bigger than he has any other manager before, it's like hes realised there is no magic cure and every manager is going to go through some hard times if we are ever going to be any good.

What's Ramos got to do with this group. Redknapp did fine with what Ramos left behind.

There is no point Levy backing Poch if he isn't up to the job just like Ramos and many others in the past weren't. Bizarre team selections, subs, tactics. Its not looking good from Poch tbh.

I haven't seen anything thus far that suggests Pochettino is what many seemed to think he was.
The fact Southampton are where they are would seem to suggest that which they achieved under Poch was despite him and not because of him.
I fear he was the wrong choice. Again.

We seemed to be playing with more of a system at the start of the season. He had a real fluid rotation between Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela. And we had much better pressing.
That all seems to be half-hearted now.

I'm gutted to say it, but team selections, choice of captains and vice captains, lack of playing style, are all quite concerning. I don't mind losing and I was all set for ups and downs this season as long as it looked like we were going in the right direction, but I don't think I've seen anything encouraging so far.

This .. bunch of bull**** about Levy/Baldini/Harry etc. truth is Poch is looking vastly out of his depth right now (and most of this season).

Call for his sacking. If it's serious, sack 'Watermelon *******s' Baldini as well. Hire some other rube. Then, some two-three months down the line, wonder why this bloke's not doing well either. Call for his sacking. Then move on to the next poor sod who manages this club.

Don't wonder why these players seem so content to ignore what the manager's telling them. Don't wonder why the manager seems so unable to make these 'bargain buys' perform like the players he originally wanted. Don't wonder why we keep making profits in the transfer window while clearly regressing on the pitch itself.

No, blame the manager, or the DoF. He's clearly the problem. The next guy will be the one, honest.

I want us to give Poch time, but he has simply got to start making some better decisions.

Today, I have no idea why he started with Townsend on the right -- he's just done some damage playing on the left side, then shifts him over to the right where has has been ineffective.

Against Arsenal, Chadli and Adebayor did well upfront working as a pair. Why haven't we seen that since (Chadli upfront, with either Kane or Ade?)

Why is Capoue still getting picked? How little does this fella have to offer before he gets dropped?

As far as I can see, there has been no consistency to our method of play this season, game to game or week to week. There doesn't seem to be a plan that we are even trying to pull off, the last two league games have been utter chaos.

Beyond systems, there is no belief in these players, they don't look like a group that really knows how to win. Poch needs to start moving things in the right direction and quickly. If we are in the bottom 3 after the next 4 or 5 games, he will be given the boot imo. Levy will not have any manager flirting with relegation, he will always prefer to act quickly.

You fans who want poch out disgust me. Fickle as they come and think that it's the mangers fault. Our club is a joke

I want us to give Poch time, but he has simply got to start making some better decisions.

Today, I have no idea why he started with Townsend on the right -- he's just done some damage playing on the left side, then shifts him over to the right where has has been ineffective.

Against Arsenal, Chadli and Adebayor did well upfront working as a pair. Why haven't we seen that since (Chadli upfront, with either Kane or Ade?)

Why is Capoue still getting picked? How little does this fella have to offer before he gets dropped?

As far as I can see, there has been no consistency to our method of play this season, game to game or week to week. There doesn't seem to be a plan that we are even trying to pull off, the last two league games have been utter chaos.

Beyond systems, there is no belief in these players, they don't look like a group that really knows how to win. Poch needs to start moving things in the right direction and quickly. If we are in the bottom 3 after the next 4 or 5 games, he will be given the boot imo. Levy will not have any manager flirting with relegation, he will always prefer to act quickly.

These are my feelings/concerns as well.

Back