• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I know people might just be venting, but can't believe anyone's calling for Poch to be sacked after ELEVEN league games - come on! However bad we're looking, a) everyone deserves more than 11 league games in any situation, b) the players (and therefore Baldini and maybe Levy) surely have to be held at least as responsible, and c) we'll be a ****ing laughing stock if we sack another manager so quickly!

How long did Ramos get can I ask you?

Maybe the secret is to get Poch his interpreter mate

I must say, I do wonder how Poch gets his ideas across or motivates players - in interviews his English seems far too basic to be able to... I genuinely would prefer him to use an interpreter again as I feel I'd get a better gist of what he is trying to say.

I must say, I do wonder how Poch gets his ideas across or motivates players - in interviews his English seems far too basic to be able to... I genuinely would prefer him to use an interpreter again as I feel I'd get a better gist of what he is trying to say.

you know Poch never used his interpreter to speak to his players..

Wow. It was poor, no doubt about it but if anyone thinks that this has nothing to do with the players then they are deluded. Honestly, Fazio and Kaboul are experienced players, you'd expect them to do better. Capoue and Rose switched off too often and were imo at fault for the goals by not being in the right position's. Do you guys think that the coach told them to be so positionally lax? I'm not completely happy with all of the coaches decision's but I sure as hell can see that some of our players just aren't up to it right now.

Lets go back a bit to when AVB had problems teaching this squad a system. We were exactly the same except Sandro actually anchored the midfield as opposed to Capoue who floats around doing...well something. This is effectively the same group of players who are once again failing to grasp the system that a coach is trying to implement. Poch wanted Schneiderlin, an experienced midfielder to command that area, he didn't get him and just like with AVB and Moutinho our coach is left with a weak midfield with no real presence. We need that player. Mason is a stop gap in that role, I'm sure he'll move further up the pitch in the future.

I'll also ask how many people on here were the realist's who accepted that this was gonna be a rocky period . Hate to break it to you lads, but this isn't a job that will be fixed in a handful of games. Nor is it one that I think our current playing squad can fix either. That pretty much means that we need to ship out a good 5-10 players and replace them with 4-5 first team players of the coaches choosing. I'm willing to bet that Stambouli will progress into the team soon enough as he's looking up to it in the cups but we need more quality.

Finally I don't think the Europa league is doing us any favours. It was AVB's idea to increase the squad to the size it now is and as a result it's too big to be manageable, not to mention that fact that I reckon Poch could do with having a full week between matches to work with the squad.

Longer than 11 games! In any case I don't get your point?

Sorry, it wasn't really a great point considering he had the previous season, I meant it in the fact that we binned him when it was all going wrong after a similar amount of games in the season. If a manager is ****, he's ****, anyone can see that Poch doesn't have a clue.

Sorry, it wasn't really a great point considering he had the previous season, I meant it in the fact that we binned him when it was all going wrong after a similar amount of games in the season. If a manager is ****, he's ****, anyone can see that Poch doesn't have a clue.

2 points from 8 games

14 points from 11 games

I don't see the similarities.

you know Poch never used his interpreter to speak to his players..

Yeah I know - I wasn't very clear that on the interpreter side of things I was just talking about interviews, so that at least I would be able to understand him better!

A lot of good points Cochise and I agree with most of what your saying, but it's been the same mistakes every week from the same players. And it's positions we have cover for CB or positions where it's been changed for one game and looked better, Soldado against City, to then change back to a system/personnel that doesn't work I don't understand. With the fbs we have limited options so that's understandable.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back