• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Pochettino also saying winning a trophy now more important than top 4. Carabao cup could potentially take priority over top 4...

We shall see, but I’m pleased he’s said that and nailed his colours to the mast.

It’s brave, a brave desire, but that’s absolutely the ambition he should have, it’s the final piece of the jigsaw and would make his tenure with us resounding and render all the struggles and disappointments we’ve endured as necessary and worthwhile.

Let’s hope we can make this season about glory rather than nearly.

I think the FA cup and the Carabao cup double could be doable but is it enough for our superstars to look back at after their career and be proud? Think it has to be a big one.

Pochettino also saying winning a trophy now more important than top 4. Carabao cup could potentially take priority over top 4...

We shall see, but I’m pleased he’s said that and nailed his colours to the mast.

It’s brave, a brave desire, but that’s absolutely the ambition he should have, it’s the final piece of the jigsaw and would make his tenure with us resounding and render all the struggles and disappointments we’ve endured as necessary and worthwhile.

Let’s hope we can make this season about glory rather than nearly.

He's said it's a personal priority, I'd be amazed if the club's priorities have moved away from securing Champions League football.

He's said it's a personal priority, I'd be amazed if the club's priorities have moved away from securing Champions League football.

I think he is crowing now that Levy has backed him with the personnel that he wished for and wants to push the squad to get on it on all fronts.

Of course [I am more hungry] after the final in Madrid," he continued. "I was talking to Jesus and saying, ‘We need to prepare ourselves be ready to play to have more influence’.

Seeking divine intervention by the sounds of it...

Last edited:
I think he’s tired of the fuss people made about him saying he doesn’t value carabao or FA cup as success, of course if we came 5th and won the Carabao the same journos would say this doesn’t make up for CL failure.

I wonder if all the players who are desperate to win something would swap their CL bonuses to win the Carabao?

Yep, he may try to field stronger teams in the later stages of the domestic cups but no way is he going to prioritise the earlier rounds over PL/CL games.

However, bowing to the pressure to win some sort of trophy regardless kind of gives him permission for greater squad rotation. Helps keep everybody interested and match sharp, especially the likes of Aldereiweld, Rose and Eriksen if they end up staying. Also plays to the wishes of a large contingent of fans whose hunger for a trophy intensifies with every season we come close but still fall short.

Win win.

I think he’s tired of the fuss people made about him saying he doesn’t value carabao or FA cup as success, of course if we came 5th and won the Carabao the same journos would say this doesn’t make up for CL failure.

I wonder if all the players who are desperate to win something would swap their CL bonuses to win the Carabao?

No reason why we can’t do both.

After reaching the CL final, winning sonething would certainly be the goal.
But no cups, title or top 4 and missing out on champions league would be a disaster too - wouldn't you agree?

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Our priority should be securing a top four finish. We should put out competitive sides in the domestic cups but not focus on them until we are in the last 4 or 8.

From the financial side, it really is the be all and end all. After huge investment, qualification into the ucl over the next three to four years really is the shot in the arm the club needs and what keeps the number crunchers in our boardroom purring.

On the human side our manager now feels he and his squad needs to win, it’s nice to hear him say that, no doubt as it matches up to my hearts desire.

I’m sure very soon there will be ‘conflict of interest’ scenarios so it will be interesting to see the choices Poch makes.

I’d like to perhaps foolishly think that Poch really means this, so regardless of top 4 bonuses, what means more is winning and using that as a platform to say...’there’s more to come’

From the financial side, it really is the be all and end all. After huge investment, qualification into the ucl over the next three to four years really is the shot in the arm the club needs and what keeps the number crunchers in our boardroom purring.

On the human side our manager now feels he and his squad needs to win, it’s nice to hear him say that, no doubt as it matches up to my hearts desire.

I’m sure very soon there will be ‘conflict of interest’ scenarios so it will be interesting to see the choices Poch makes.

I’d like to perhaps foolishly think that Poch really means this, so regardless of top 4 bonuses, what means more is winning and using that as a platform to say...’there’s more to come’

I don't expect to see Poch changing his approach to the domestic cups this season. We'll see competitive sides but it won't be a first choice team.

I don't expect to see Poch changing his approach to the domestic cups this season. We'll see competitive sides but it won't be a first choice team.
To be fair we lost a few league games we expect to beat on paper last season, we only lost to Chelsea and Liverpool with our best available team in a cup semi and final and then an upset against Palace when I think we had some squad constraints. We just need a little luck with our opponents and hopefully the opportunity to rotate in the league as as well should leave is with less injuries and fitter players for the business end of the season.

Our longer term future - including earning money to pay for or keep better players - will be secured by consistently qualifying for and doing well in the CL.

The corollary of that is that we’re more likely to win a cup as a function of operating in that way, rather than the reverse idea of winning a cup in order to lead to more success.

Back