• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Matt Doherty

Last edited:
We are putting a lot of eggs into the Porro basket. Pedro has a good engine so should be fit for most matches but you know, Spurs and all that :)

That can still be taken either way - otherwise it could be suggesting that you could have an infinite number of HG players of any age out on loan and not fall foul of the rule?

Yes i edited my post. Did law a level and lawyers leave out punctuation in contracts on purpose. So they can earn a fortune arguing what it means.

Agreed, though slightly worrying that the club didn’t seem to know the rules. I suspect this has cost us a bit of money paying up at least some of his contract.

Was only ever a Jorge Mendes bung in the first place, just like Gedson. And we never even got a return favour out of them.

Agreed, though slightly worrying that the club didn’t seem to know the rules. I suspect this has cost us a bit of money paying up at least some of his contract.

Read the rules and i still don't know the rules.

You tell me what this means.

Players aged 21 and younger and club-trained players will be exempt from these limitations.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organisation/media-releases/fifa-to-introduce-new-loan-regulations

Is udogie counted or not?

If it is because udogie would have to be both club trained and u21, then it is far from clear and could see us claiming compo from fifa for being dingdongs in their wording.

For me saying players twice suggests 2 different groups.

Last edited:
Read the rules and i still don't know the rules.

You tell me what this means.

Players aged 21 and younger and club-trained players will be exempt from these limitations.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organisation/media-releases/fifa-to-introduce-new-loan-regulations

Is udogie counted or not?

If it is because udogie would have to be both club trained and u21, then it is far from clear and could see us claiming compo from fifa for being dingdongs in their wording.

For me saying players twice suggests 2 different groups.
It’s up to the clubs to get clarification from FIFA on it. If we weren’t sure then that’s poor.

re Doherty I think this is a good outcome for the club and the player.

This. I am actually alarmed. As I said elsewhere, if it has all come down to Conte not being sure who he wants in or out, there’s still no excuse for not knowing this basic rule, and no excuse for our DoF not having it all in hand. That is part of his job.

Back