• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

Spurspanyol's latest tweets sound less encouraging. To paraphrase, because I can't be arsed copying and pasting:

Problem seems to be that Villarreal don't see the benefit of selling for €20 odd million when they will only receive a third of that fee. So, ideally, they want Musacchio's release clause of €50m met. And, of course, no one is going to pay that much. River Plate aren't going to give up their share and it seems unlikely that the agent will either. So something of an impasse.

Spurspanyol does add that Villarreal are looking at potential replacements, though.

He's translating a variety of local radio, he's not a source himself

Spurspanyol's latest tweets sound less encouraging. To paraphrase, because I can't be arsed copying and pasting:

Problem seems to be that Villarreal don't see the benefit of selling for €20 odd million when they will only receive a third of that fee. So, ideally, they want Musacchio's release clause of €50m met. And, of course, no one is going to pay that much. River Plate aren't going to give up their share and it seems unlikely that the agent will either. So something of an impasse.

Spurspanyol does add that Villarreal are looking at potential replacements, though.
Surely we can help them out there?

It's a real shame Dawson's legacy is eroding quickly. I wish he'd gone when QPR came in for him two years ago, as I'd still have plenty of good memories of him at his peak, memories which are fading fast.

Great servant, on his day a quality player, but it really is his time to go now. JimmyB makes an excellent point. He can go and do a decent job for someone else, but asked to play in Poch's system, well, I wouldn't fancy watching that for his own sake, not just Spurs. It would be a car crash. If it comes to pass, hope I'm proved wrong as he seems like a top bloke.

Perfectly put and, assuming he moves on, his qualities and contribution to getting us to where we are today should be remembered and recognised.

Deserves to go in to some hall of fame.

Then someone should point out that's what happens when you only buy a third of the rights.

(not aimed at you, JB!)

Why do I get the feeling this won't go through? Third party ownership never ends well.

Yep. I have the same feeling. I certainly never get excited until the whole thing is confirmed. Schneiderlin looks to have (unsurprisingly) gone cold too.

I know absolutely nothing about this guy, but really hope we can push it through. Its so refreshing to see us sensibly plugging the holes in our squad with what look to be sensible buys.

You always get the feeling its going to be dodgy though when it appears to be on the verge of being announced only for no fresh information to come to light in the proceeding week. Protracted transfer sagas rarely end the way you hope (when your a Spurs fan at least!).

Yep. I have the same feeling. I certainly never get excited until the whole thing is confirmed. Schneiderlin looks to have (unsurprisingly) gone cold too.

I know absolutely nothing about this guy, but really hope we can push it through. Its so refreshing to see us sensibly plugging the holes in our squad with what look to be sensible buys.

You always get the feeling its going to be dodgy though when it appears to be on the verge of being announced only for no fresh information to come to light in the proceeding week. Protracted transfer sagas rarely end the way you hope (when your a Spurs fan at least!).

They both certainly have an air of Leandro and Moutinho about them with regards to third party ownership and being priced out of a deal.

Then someone should point out that's what happens when you only buy a third of the rights.

(not aimed at you, JB!)

Exactly what I was thinking. It's akin to you selling your house, on which you still have a mortgage, and then expecting the buyer to pay full value for your property to you, AND pay off your mortgage too!!??

(not aimed at you, JB!)

Yep. My thoughts precisely.

But it's not so much that Villarreal are complaining about how little they would receive. It's just that, given the ownership complications, it benefits them little to sell now. The only question is whether they can come to some sort of an arrangement with River Plate and with the agent. After all, the last thing that either of those two parties want is for Musacchio to see out his contract and become a free agent - at which point, their respective thirds would be worthless. In that scenario, only Villarreal would benefit, having had the player's service for the remainder of his contract.

So there is some incentive for River and the agent to do a deal with Villarreal.

I certainly think it will require patience on our part. Levy's too - not that that will be difficult for him! I have seen one report this morning that Liverpool are now also interested (can't they scout their own players?) but that could easily be a story circulated by Villarreal or the agent in order to get Tottenham to increase their offer.

As to Schneiderlin, I don't think it's gone cold. It's just that nothing is going to happen until Saints have brought a few players in. And probably not until after the first game of the season, so that the Southampton chairman can say that he was true to his word about Schneiderlin starting the season at the club.

Surely we can help them out there?

Tottenham-Hotspur-unveil--011.jpg

It's not like the Iberian peninsula's a new and uncertain place for the guy, after all. Immediate one-year loan to Villarreal should help them plug their defensive gap with a defender who's already made 30 appearances for the Sporting first team: on our side, we can slowly introduce him to top-flight football in a difficult, technically-sound, extremely competitive league without actually playing him ourselves, and Dier himself gets to spend another year close to his family, who I believe remain settled in Portugal if I'm not mistaken.

Musacchio for slightly under 20 million quid plus Dier on a year's loan. Sounds reasonable to me, if all parties are in agreement over it. Otherwise, if Kaboul's willing to go, we could always offer him to Villarreal in part-exchange for Musacchio, although that would leave us with just Chiriches, Verts and Daws as the senior centre-backs at the club ,and with Daws apparently on his way and out and Chiriches apparently not too vital to Poch's plans, could see us severely short of experience and mutual understanding at the heart of our back line come the start of the season.

MM will probably cost 17m plus and MS around 22m plus......who will be sold to fund this(realistically and not just who you want sold)?

I'm guessing..

Kaboul or Dawson = 6m
Chiriches = 8m
Sandro = 12m

With a solid source like Stobart saying that he's close, him being left out of pre-season games and (squad) training by some reports I think it's likely that a deal is looking likely at least.

However, unsurprisingly the third party ownerships are complicating matters and thus it's taking time. We're usually not the quickest at completing deals super quickly as Levy always looks to get a good deal for the club, so I'm still very hopeful. Not really close to a protracted transfer saga yet, this thread isn't even a week old and the second post in it was "who?" so it's not like we've been linked forever and ever. More just that there are premature confirmimators in the media giving us unrealistic hopes of a swift announcement.

Tottenham-Hotspur-unveil--011.jpg

It's not like the Iberian peninsula's a new and uncertain place for the guy, after all. Immediate one-year loan to Villarreal should help them plug their defensive gap with a defender who's already made 30 appearances for the Sporting first team: on our side, we can slowly introduce him to top-flight football in a difficult, technically-sound, extremely competitive league without actually playing him ourselves, and Dier himself gets to spend another year close to his family, who I believe remain settled in Portugal if I'm not mistaken.

Musacchio for slightly under 20 million quid plus Dier on a year's loan. Sounds reasonable to me, if all parties are in agreement over it. Otherwise, if Kaboul's willing to go, we could always offer him to Villarreal in part-exchange for Musacchio, although that would leave us with just Chiriches, Verts and Daws as the senior centre-backs at the club ,and with Daws apparently on his way and out and Chiriches apparently not too vital to Poch's plans, could see us severely short of experience and mutual understanding at the heart of our back line come the start of the season.

Dubai you're a ****ing GENIUS!!

MM will probably cost 17m plus and MS around 22m plus......who will be sold to fund this(realistically and not just who you want sold)?

I'm guessing..

Kaboul or Dawson = 6m
Chiriches = 8m
Sandro = 12m

Obika (anywhere between a hundred thousand and a million quid),
Khumalo (see above),
BAE (one to two million quid, hopefully),
Dawson (4m - 4.5m was being banded about by the papers earlier, seems reasonable),
Kaboul (6m sounds about right),

and possibly Paulinho (12-20 million quid) if we get a good offer. Also, one of Chadli or Holtby will (I suspect) be used in the MS deal as a part-exchange option. Overall, I see the MM deal setting us back somewhere around 20 million pounds, and the MS - JR deal (if it comes to fruition, which I think it will) costing us somewhere in the region of 30-35 million pounds plus a makeweight in the form of either Holtby or Chadli.

Whos to say Dier isnt being fast tracked for the first team? Not beyond the realms of possibility that he will be viewed as first choice back up in which case not sure Poch will want him loaned out especially if its not to gain PL experience....

Back