• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Musacchio

I'm not sure why anyone would advocate Kaboul departing over Dawson. One is being linked with Lazio, which is telling.

because Kaboul's injury record is appalling and he was all kinds of turbo ****e when he was fit.

yes but he (and all our back 4) were left to be isolated in TS's terrible system. under poch, and not playing as much having more rest he will surely not be as bad and even more surely a better 3rd choice than Dawson

Last edited:
yes but he (and all our back 4) were left to be exposed in TS's terrible system. under loch, and not playing as much he will surely not be as bad

Maybe but it's a balancing act and we do not need 5 cb's. Musacchio comes in and 2 will have to leave imo (Vlad and Kaboul). Ok fair enough if the manager decides to sell Dawson but you do NOT sell Dawson and Kaboul.

Maybe but it's a balancing act and we do not need 5 cb's. Musacchio comes in and 2 will have to leave imo (Vlad and Kaboul). Ok fair enough if the manager decides to sell Dawson but you do NOT sell Dawson and Kaboul.

no. i want dawson to leave and kaboul to stay as 3rd choice. with less games, more rest and poch handpicking who he plays against there is going to be much better 3rd choice centre backs. a rested, fitter kaboul has way more uses in a high line than dawson does

no. i want dawson to leave and kaboul to stay as 3rd choice. with less games, more rest and poch handpicking who he plays against there is going to be much better 3rd choice centre backs. a rested, fitter kaboul has way more uses in a high line than dawson does

Amen to that. Even putting Dawson's lack of suitability for a high line aside, his distribution seriously regressed last season, to the point he was directly responsible for goals being conceded with loose passes. He's got to go.

no. i want dawson to leave and kaboul to stay as 3rd choice. with less games, more rest and poch handpicking who he plays against there is going to be much better 3rd choice centre backs. a rested, fitter kaboul has way more uses in any high line than dawson does

a6348227-76-thumbs-up-smiley.gif

I think we can probably keep Vlad or Fryers and one of Kaboul or Dawson. Come next summer will we have Dier bedded into the squad and we will know whether or not Vlad/Fryers has benefitted from a new coach/system. By then we should be ok to let Dawson/Kaboul go.

It's a real shame Dawson's legacy is eroding quickly. I wish he'd gone when QPR came in for him two years ago, as I'd still have plenty of good memories of him at his peak, memories which are fading fast.

Great servant, on his day a quality player, but it really is his time to go now. JimmyB makes an excellent point. He can go and do a decent job for someone else, but asked to play in Poch's system, well, I wouldn't fancy watching that for his own sake, not just Spurs. It would be a car crash. If it comes to pass, hope I'm proved wrong as he seems like a top bloke.

We need a cb that is strong in the air and according to you lot Chiriches, Verts and Musacchio are poor so they either need Kaboul or Daws next to one of them.

We need a cb that is strong in the air and according to you lot Chiriches, Verts and Musacchio are poor so they either need Kaboul or Daws next to one of them.

Dier is supposed to be big and commanding. Musacchio is also supposed to be strong in the air (even though just 6')

Spurspanyol's latest tweets sound less encouraging. To paraphrase, because I can't be arsed copying and pasting:

Problem seems to be that Villarreal don't see the benefit of selling for €20 odd million when they will only receive a third of that fee. So, ideally, they want Musacchio's release clause of €50m met. And, of course, no one is going to pay that much. River Plate aren't going to give up their share and it seems unlikely that the agent will either. So something of an impasse.

Spurspanyol does add that Villarreal are looking at potential replacements, though.

Why not? A fit as able kaboul is a great centre back. IMO the only better one In the league is Kompany. Unfortunately we haven't seen that player for 18 months/2 years now but if this guy is in that league then Ill be really happy.

I assume you may be referring to the original immature Kaboul we first signed, and if so I get that.

=D>

Lets be honest that "experience" we had last year didnt exactly do well did it...

This sums it up.
The defenders we have are failures, every one of them.
Last season we repeatedly collapsed letting in 5 and 6 in games.

Since King and Woodgate went there isnt a player back there who can organise a defense.

Dawson is all talk on the pitch but he obviously is saying the wrong things. We need him and his negative influence gone.
Kaboul has had 3 good season as a pro and now is crooked.
Vertonghen is the bright kid at school that couldnt be arsed and breezes through it getting solid Bs and Cs. He's never gonna lift the team or organise it. He looks around and shrugs his shoulders and wonders why he's still in the same class as so many idiots.
Chiriches seems a lovely fella but he's not a premier league center half.

Back