• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings vs Cheslki

Excellent: Lloris

Above par: Dembele, Walker, Vertonghen

Par: Townsend, Naughton, Siggy

Below par: Dawson, Eriksen, Paulinho, Soldado

Poor: n/a

I'd go with that, except I'd also rate AVB as below par. IMO, he got his subs badly wrong. Townsend for Chadli as the 1st sub? Eriksen and/or Soldado should have gone off at that point and we got out of jail by them going down to 10 men.

I like AVB, but I think he had a really bad 2nd half today.

I'd go with that, except I'd also rate AVB as below par. IMO, he got his subs badly wrong. Townsend for Chadli as the 1st sub? Eriksen and/or Soldado should have gone off at that point and we got out of jail by them going down to 10 men.

I like AVB, but I think he had a really bad 2nd half today.

Spot on.

This is so weird, maybe being there is that different to the tele. I don't quite understand the dawson hate. And how nice people are being about Naughton. Naughton is so bad it's hailrious, he gives the ball away an insane amount of times, he will cost us many goals , he's awful in attack, notched eft even worse, but he's pretty flat right back too. I hope rose is back. I'd prefer fryers than Naughton. Vert definitely. He just shouldnt play left back for us again.

Dembele was absolutely immense and by far our best player. He's been great this season actually, and idol ay sandro dembele.

Townsend can look dangerous, but I just think he's so one dimensional, and although he's clearly getting advice not to shoot all the time, I just don't think he's good enough.

What it think is interesting though, is how bad holtby looked honeyed came on, he was the freshest player though but looked so slow and sluggish. I like him a lot, and was great mid week, but it think its easy to get too excited about players who play great against weaker opposition. Townsend looks his beets against weak opposition, Defoe has spent his whole career looking great against weaker opposition, and feel holtby isn't quite ready to compete for a starting spot yet. Not a problem, just an observation.

I think its tome tot how lamela in andlxet jump robe himself.

Yes AVB did have a bad 2nd half. But equally he had a fantastic first half. He had us very well prepared and mentally we were happy to take the game to them. Shame we did not score a second - something that is beyond AVBs influence.

I think we saw the difference between the 2 managers there. AVB - perfect preparation. He's planned things to perfection. Mourinho - not as well prepared but reacts to the situation very well - gets his team fighting after the break and makes an effective early change. AVB - brings on Chadli - which he probably had in mind before the game (see the press conference when he mentions Chadli coming back strong) rather than quickly react to what was happening. Mourinho would have surely shored up our midfield if managing us second half, and had us ready for the fight.

AVB won the first round, Mourinho the second. I'm sure this contest will run some more.

Last edited:
This is so weird, maybe being there is that different to the tele. I don't quite understand the dawson hate. And how nice people are being about Naughton. Naughton is so bad it's hailrious, he gives the ball away an insane amount of times, he will cost us many goals , he's awful in attack, notched eft even worse, but he's pretty flat right back too. I hope rose is back. I'd prefer fryers than Naughton. Vert definitely. He just shouldnt play left back for us again.

Dembele was absolutely immense and by far our best player. He's been great this season actually, and idol ay sandro dembele.

Townsend can look dangerous, but I just think he's so one dimensional, and although he's clearly getting advice not to shoot all the time, I just don't think he's good enough.

What it think is interesting though, is how bad holtby looked honeyed came on, he was the freshest player though but looked so slow and sluggish. I like him a lot, and was great mid week, but it think its easy to get too excited about players who play great against weaker opposition. Townsend looks his beets against weak opposition, Defoe has spent his whole career looking great against weaker opposition, and feel holtby isn't quite ready to compete for a starting spot yet. Not a problem, just an observation.

Posted with huge thumbs ;)

Can you explain the one dimensional part to me? As for today, our two best opportunities(other than the goal) came through Townsend, his jinking run and pass through to Soldado who flashed the ball across the box to Paulinho which was cleared and another piece of great play when he came inside and put the ball through to Paulinho who hit the post. He only had one misplaced pass all game, thought it was a very measured and assured performance from him, was surprised he was taken off and Chadli added absolutely nothing.

Lloris - 8 Excellent coming out but I did **** myself considering recent decisions!

Walker - 7 Did what he had to, would like to see him more productive in his end product (dare I say it like Rose)

Naughton - 6 Did a job I guess, and was supported quite a lot considering he was out of position. We need more on the left as cover or in place of Rose - Prefer him to push for right-back.

Dawson - 6 Okay, but surely he should be the one picking up Terry at set-pieces?

Verts - 6.5 Love the fact he is cool but got stuck into Torres. Having Sandro would have meant he ventured forward more.

Andros - 8 - Guess what, he is coming on leaps and bounds, believe it or not he could have taken some shots today!!! He was up against Cole and he bossed that side - really excited by him!

Siggi - 7 - Great effort and determiantion but could have been more involved at times.

Eriksen - 7 - Links up well but needs to determine the difference between what he has to do and what Siggy has to do.

Dembele - 7.5 - Had to play deep whilst Pauli played more advanced. Kept the ball very well and tried to create. I honestly think he would have thrived furthed with Sandro today

Pauli - 7 - Worked hard but tired. Needs to adapt to the speed of the EPL imo

Soldado - 6.5 - Extra points for the chest down - worked hard but not imposing enough

The subs... Meh - Not their fault. A 6.5 for stats sake

Can you explain the one dimensional part to me? As for today, our two best opportunities(other than the goal) came through Townsend, his jinking run and pass through to Soldado who flashed the ball across the box to Paulinho which was cleared and another piece of great play when he came inside and put the ball through to Paulinho who hit the post. He only had one misplaced pass all game, thought it was a very measured and assured performance from him, was surprised he was taken off and Chadli added absolutely nothing.

Is it a fitness issue? Surely Andros running at a tiring left back has to create opportunity? He was my favourite player today.

Lloris 8
Walker 7
Dawson 5
Vertonghen 6
Naughton 6
Paulinho 6
Dembele 7
Townsend 7
Eriksen 7
Sigurðsson 7
Soldado 6

Chadli 5
Holtby 6
Defoe n/a

Looks like I'm going to be disagreeing with quite a few here....

Lloris 8 - bailed us out when needed
Walker 4 - nothing short of a liability for the last 10 minutes.
Vertonghen 7 - toe to toe with Torres, last man standing
Dawson 8 - a rock, some immense challenges
Naughton 5 - out of his depth
Paulinho 7 - did his job
Dembele 8 - caused them problems running at them
Eriksen 7 - ran out of steam but did the job first hard. Took the card for the team knowing he only had 20 mins left anyway.
Townsend 5 - anonymous
Sigurdson 8 - and if that late half volley had gone in he'd be player of the season already
Soldado 6 - though probably starved a little

Defoe 7 - looked more dangerous than Soldado
Holtby 7 - lively, a good sub to have for Eriksen
Chadli 6 - should have given him some more high balls to cause Cole problems

Man of the match for me would have been Dawson, but I was at the game and didn't see who was responsible for the goal. I'm guessing it was him. But I did notice how the team as a whole picking up Terry - at one set piece it was Jan v Lampard and Walker v Terry. Ridiculous.

I thought Paulinho was very good in the first half - but seemed to fade badly in the second.

1 -1 chelsea is always a good result...not the best but still good and especially considering this is in a middle of a fixture pile up for us, lots of tired legs out there

8 - loris - some super shot stopping
8 - siggy - great work for the goal and constant pressure throughout

the rest 7 except for naughthon 6

6 for AVB for unimpactful substitutions. We missed Townsend a lot and Defoe was totally shut out, soldado was more effective

I think AVB was too scared to make the Sandro sub as you know what Spurs fans are like ... "boooooooo, negative defensive sub, bring on more strikers! boooooooo"

I think AVB was too scared to make the Sandro sub as you know what Spurs fans are like ... "boooooooo, negative defensive sub, bring on more strikers! boooooooo"

Had he made two changes - Sandro and Defoe - I don tthink anyone would have complained.

There is a difference in games and its ****in funny how he infuriates me at times.

AVB shuts up shop after 2-0 (that is and has been evident - we just sit back as it were) those defensive subs annoy me. What wouldnt annoy me is if we are getting absolutely dominated and ****ed ove - then putting Sandro on would have made sense for all concerned.

1 -1 chelsea is always a good result...not the best but still good and especially considering this is in a middle of a fixture pile up for us, lots of tired legs out there

8 - loris - some super shot stopping
8 - siggy - great work for the goal and constant pressure throughout

the rest 7 except for naughthon 6

6 for AVB for unimpactful substitutions. We missed Townsend a lot and Defoe was totally shut out, soldado was more effective
Sorry mate but i think this is why spurs will never be a title challenging team in the very near future. You have to have a winning mentality, anything else but a win should be a bad result ESPECIALLY at home. It doesn't matter who the opponent is, if you want to be big you have to think big. Steaua coaches/fans always want a win it, always demand a win and anything else is a bad result. I know that we only play Romanian sides, which are a lot easier to beat that premier leagues sides but the mentality is the correct one, if you have that half of the job is done. Going to play Chelsea on Tuesday and we want to win and any other result won't be a good one. I know Chelsea is the huge favorite for this one but we beat them in Bucharest last year and we want to do it again. PS: sorry to bore you with Steaua stories, just trying to make a point...

I don't want anybody to take the above comment the wrong way, i rate Spurs better that Steaua, and the team AVB built for this season is very good, that's why i think fans, coaches should have more expectations from the team and looking at the results from the matches against top opposition(0-1 with the scum, and 1-1 with chelski), the fans have every right to be unhappy...

im sure if we were in the romanian league, we'd demand to win every game too.
I think the way that the spurs's squad looks they should start as favorites at home against any team in the premier league. With that in mind, a draw should not be welcomed...

I think the way that the spurs's squad looks they should start as favorites at home against any team in the premier league. With that in mind, a draw should not be welcomed...

im guessing you never watched the game. we got battered for 75 minutes. if youre not familiar with who Tottenham are, we are a team that have NEVER finished higher than fourth in over 20 years or won a major trophy in that time period. A draw at home to one of the best clubs in the world after the performance is a good result.

if you can get points like that against the top sides but contineu to beat the poorer ones like we have, we have every right to fight for the title.

im guessing you never watched the game. we got battered for 75 minutes. if youre not familiar with who Tottenham are, we are a team that have NEVER finished higher than fourth in over 20 years or won a major trophy in that time period. A draw at home to one of the best clubs in the world after the performance is a good result.

if you can get points like that against the top sides but contineu to beat the poorer ones like we have, we have every right to fight for the title.
Of course every game has 3 points and the ones against smaller teams are as important as the ones against top opposition, but usually the best team wins the premier league, and if spurs continue to win 1 point from 6 with arsenal, chelsea, city and united i can safely say they will be nowhere near the title at the end of the season...

Back