• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings vs Cheslki

Yeah that was a great post by jumpers apart from the Parker sub bit. We already had Sandro on the pitch and "freeing" up Modric isn't more likely to get you a goal than VDV. Yesterday we needed to stop Mata and regain some control of the game, Sandro for Eriksen of Siggy was the sub to do that, even if we'd then conceded anyway, we'd still have scope to change it again with Lamela, Holtby and Defoe sitting on the bench. Bringing on Chadli for Townsend was a nothing sub and all it did was allow Cole to breathe easier.

I think AVB disagrees. I do too. I think the ability to drive at another team, commit them to challenges and beat a man is a vital weapon to keep in the team. It maybe one-dimensional but it works! Just ask Ashley Cole he got an absolute roasting yesterday!

You reckon he does do you? We'll see what happens the next few games then. He's been playing is because Lennon was injured, and now he'd wants to slowly bed lamela in and chadli got injured. Id bet by February Townsend doesn't even make the bench.

I think He has something to offer, and his directness canned great, but ultimately he doesn't offer enough for the team and the team sheets will start reflecting that. Same robed said for Defoe, dawson and Naughton.

True, but in my mind Vertonghen could very easily have been sent off too.

The challenge on Ramires that eventually led to the Chelsea goal, i am pretty much sure he was the last man. Ramires was through.

I agree. Torres was a prick yesterday but I didn't see any contact at all when Vertonghen fell over just before being scratched, that plus the yellow for the foul on Ramires equals a red.

I agree. Torres was a prick yesterday but I didn't see any contact at all when Vertonghen fell over just before being scratched, that plus the yellow for the foul on Ramires equals a red.

Mourinho is a **** who needs someone to stand up to him. Torres was asking for a red card. He did clip Vertonghen's heels, and when Vertonghen went down after the contact, the ball had caught him at an odd angle. He did get hit in the face. By the ball. Did he stay on the floor too long? Who knows. Mourinho was overheard telling Torres, as he walked off, that he should've 'stayed down'...this moralizing PRICK talks about how 'terrible' it is that players 'get others sent off' but he has trained his teams to do it for years. So many players. And I'd love to look him in the eye and ask him how he justifies Marcello's behaviour in the CL QF. Regardless of Crouch's challenge, Marcello took to the air like a 747, rolled like a gymnast and then once he saw Crouch was off, winked and smiled. By the way, a member of Chelsea's staff leapt off the bench waving a card after one of our players (cannot remember who) fouled someone in the first-half. BTW, it was interesting to hear Dermott Gallagher speak about it. He said that while the second yellow might've looked harsh, when you look at Torres in the seconds before, he was jumping into a challenge he had no chance of winning and put himself in with aggression. Given the context of the game, he was unwise. He gave the ref a decision to make.

Mourinho is an absolute disgrace. Someone needs to take him on. AVB has more composure and class than I, because I'd have fired back.

Mourinho is a **** who needs someone to stand up to him. Torres was asking for a red card. He did clip Vertonghen's heels, and when Vertonghen went down after the contact, the ball had caught him at an odd angle. He did get hit in the face. By the ball. Did he stay on the floor too long? Who knows. Mourinho was overheard telling Torres, as he walked off, that he should've 'stayed down'...this moralizing PRICK talks about how 'terrible' it is that players 'get others sent off' but he has trained his teams to do it for years. So many players. And I'd love to look him in the eye and ask him how he justifies Marcello's behaviour in the CL QF. Regardless of Crouch's challenge, Marcello took to the air like a 747, rolled like a gymnast and then once he saw Crouch was off, winked and smiled. By the way, a member of Chelsea's staff leapt off the bench waving a card after one of our players (cannot remember who) fouled someone in the first-half. BTW, it was interesting to hear Dermott Gallagher speak about it. He said that while the second yellow might've looked harsh, when you look at Torres in the seconds before, he was jumping into a challenge he had no chance of winning and put himself in with aggression. Given the context of the game, he was unwise. He gave the ref a decision to make.

Mourinho is an absolute disgrace. Someone needs to take him on. AVB has more composure and class than I, because I'd have fired back.

I saw that, it was Steve Holland in the 2nd half after Vertonghen cleaned out Ramires. A no mark, no one who somehow has found himself on the backroom staff at Chelsea as the revolving door of technical teams keeps spinning.

Should know his place and sit down quietly. I notice he didn't get up and say anything after Ramires' challenge on Dembele in the first half.

AVB should have said something about the face gouge, instead Mourinho was allowed to rant, unchallenged during the BBC interview.

Agree with everything you've said re: Mourinho. He's a prick. I used to like him but I can't stand the **** anymore, not just because he is Chelsea's manager.

Sorry but to me it looked like Vertonghen might have been clipped but he went down a couple of seconds after.

For the record, I don't blame Vertonghen for staying on the floor after the collsion with Torres, I don't think he was trying to get him senf off.

Ohhh, so Vertonghen dived for Torres first booking now as well? Deary me!

Can you not accept that people see things differently? It's not like any Spurs fan would be biased against Vertonghen for any reason. My view on football is to call games and incidents objectively as much as I can but I understand why fans want to back their players. Take Lloris for example, I'm still adamant that his booking against Norwich was harsh, it wasn't outside the area in my opinion but some Spurs on this forum believe the opposite.

AVB should have said something about the face gouge, instead Mourinho was allowed to rant, unchallenged during the BBC interview.

I don't want the Spurs manager to bleat about every decision and injustice, but in this instance I agree I would have liked us to make more of it. Hopefully the FA will give Torres a nice long ban.

I have to wonder why he didn't...there is obviously some reason behind it because I'm with you but must defer to something they know/are up to in keeping quiet. I am concerned that Mourinho has succeeded in marking Verts for future refs...the ****.

I have not managed to get to a game yet this season so have to make do with TV coverage and so can't see much off the ball movement....

However, my problem is Soldado. Not with him ability wise as such but was he the sort of striker we needed. At this stage I just see him as possibly a slightly better version of Defoe but the trouble with the pair of them is that they are small and so largely rules out the option of high crosses etc. Defoe hardly scored any league goals from January and Soldado only has two penalties.

I know it's early days but for Soldado but a small lone striker does not appear to be working in this calendar year. Neither him or Defoe are often on the ball and not too much of a threat outside the box. Compare that to Suarez (another small player) against Sunderland yesterday and there was generally danger whenever and wherever he was on the ball.

Benteke would have been perfect for us and unless we can get Adebayor firing again we must buy a different type of striker in January or we will just never score enough goals.

I have not managed to get to a game yet this season so have to make do with TV coverage and so can't see much off the ball movement....

However, my problem is Soldado. Not with him ability wise as such but was he the sort of striker we needed. At this stage I just see him as possibly a slightly better version of Defoe but the trouble with the pair of them is that they are small and so largely rules out the option of high crosses etc. Defoe hardly scored any league goals from January and Soldado only has two penalties.

I know it's early days but for Soldado but a small lone striker does not appear to be working in this calendar year. Neither him or Defoe are often on the ball and not too much of a threat outside the box. Compare that to Suarez (another small player) against Sunderland yesterday and there was generally danger whenever and wherever he was on the ball.

Benteke would have been perfect for us and unless we can get Adebayor firing again we must buy a different type of striker in January or we will just never score enough goals.

I agree with you in that i have my reservations, but i'm waiting until all the new signings bed in and start performing in the team shape that AVB wants before passing judgement completely. I think thought that you look at Falcao who AVB had at Porto and he is just a box player who finishes off moves. He is not interested in getting involved, winning balls in the air, getting on the ball or doing anything other than getting on the end of cut-backs, crosses and passes and finishing.

What Falcao does, or did have is great movement and an eye for getting on the end of those opportunities and so maybe they see in Soldado something of Falcao. My issue is at the moment with the play we are producing just now, like you i'm not convinced that even Falcao would do well in the team. Maybe we could do with more of an all-action guy like Suarez or a target-man like Benteke. Saying that though, if we are going to set up with Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela at some point, they are all players that are more about cutting in and threading balls through rather than going on the outside and crossing, which may mean our play is going to evolve to suit Soldado.

My question is then if Soldado still fails to perform with the service provided that he needs, or if we fail to convert our play to a style that he needs, then who is going to take the rap for a waste of £26m? I mean surely they had a plan rather than just spending loads on a load of random players and then seeing who they could fit into a team later on?

I have to wonder why he didn't...there is obviously some reason behind it because I'm with you but must defer to something they know/are up to in keeping quiet. I am concerned that Mourinho has succeeded in marking Verts for future refs...the ****.

AVB had no way of knowing that Mourinho had given or was about to give the BBC a 5-minute rant about the grave injustice that had been inflicted upon Torres/Chelsea. We didn't have anyone sent off so why should AVB give an unsolicited speech about the situation?

As it stands, Mourinho made it clear to everyone that perhaps had forgotten: Still a ****, nothing changed.

AVB had no way of knowing that Mourinho had given or was about to give the BBC a 5-minute rant about the grave injustice that had been inflicted upon Torres/Chelsea. We didn't have anyone sent off so why should AVB give an unsolicited speech about the situation?

As it stands, Mourinho made it clear to everyone that perhaps had forgotten: Still a ****, nothing changed.

Can't stand Chelsea but Mourinho is pure box office.

I did have to laugh on Saturday during the pre match interviews when Mourinho was asked (I paraphrase) "When he was working with you, could you see that AVB had talent". Mourinho's response was "No, I saw nothing."

Most people would have just gone on with banal pleasantries. At least Jose is interesting and very funny into the bargain. He does cross the line sometimes but he is the best wind up merchant I've ever seen.

Lloris - 8.5 - Brilliant saves kept us in the game at times had great control over his area.

Walker - 8 - Played very well.
Dawson - 7 - Did decently, but lost Terry for the equaliser.
Vertonghen - 7.5 - Played well, not really troubled.
Naughton - 6 - Still not a left back. Playing him there means our left side has no offensive capabilities.

Townsend - 7.5 - Very direct, made things happen, wonderful decision making.
Paulinho - 6 - Average performance, not great at all really.
Dembele - 7 - Kept the ball, was very physical, put himself about.
Siggy - 7.5 - Great run for the goal, has a decent shot too, gets a bit isolated on his own on the left.

Eriksen - 6.5 - Played nice intricate passes early on, but just didn't get involved after the first 25-30 minutes..
Soldado - 6 - Struggling to see why he cost as much as he did, decent lay off for Siggy, but am not entirely sure he meant it.

These. Lloris definitely MOM and was the main reason we got a draw. Verts may not be as high as 7.5 as he looked a bit shaky to me, but did well to keep his composure under provocation from Torres.

Back