• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings vs Cheslki

Lloris 8
Naughton 6.5
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 6.5
Walker 7
Paulinho 7
Dembele 7.5
Eriksen 6.5
Siggy 7
Townsend 6.5
Soldado 6.5

Dawson not great today. Vertonghen not at his best. Naugton did ok. Walker quite lively.
Lloris = our MOTM. Dembele next best.
Holtby looked keen when he came on.
Disappointed AVB brought Chadli on rather than Lamela.

All-in-all a point against Chelsea isn't a bad result, especially if United and City both drop points today!

Only players to get 7 or higher in my view would be Lloris, Dembele and perhaps Paulinho, simply because the vast majority of the team were anonymous in the second half. We got a bit lucky in the second 45 so very glad for the point

Would like to see Lamela given more of a chance. Not quite sure what Chadli brings and bringing him on today was bizarre....

Each to their own I guess. It's not like Eriksen was one of our worst players. I get the idea of bringing him on, but why for Eriksen?

I like Eriksen but thought the Holtby switch made sense - Holtby doesn't a bit more defensively and Eriksen was anonymous in the second half. The Chadli for Townsend sub was bizarre though - not sure what it was meant to achieve

Still seen nothing to change my view that AVB is poor at using his bench

Excellent: Lloris

Above par: Dembele, Walker, Vertonghen

Par: Townsend, Naughton, Siggy

Below par: Dawson, Eriksen, Paulinho, Soldado

Poor: n/a

Come on, Townsend was very good today apart from the silly dive. Gave Cole a good going over, used the ball really well(highest pass completion of any player on the pitch) and created two good openings.

I though we pipped the 1st half and deserved to take the lead in at half time, then in fairness to Chelsea and Mourinho they found a way to get at us and come the end we were lucky not to have lost. What worried me was we were being outfought in midfield and seemingly no tactical changes during that second half were made other than like for like substitutions, we just didn't adapt.

1st Half = 7
2nd Half = 4

Outside Lloris nobody had that great a game certainly not over the 90 minutes.

I though we pipped the 1st half and deserved to take the lead in at half time, then in fairness to Chelsea and Mourinho they found a way to get at us and come the end we were lucky not to have lost. What worried me was we were being outfought in midfield and seemingly no tactical changes during that second half were made other than like for like substitutions, we just didn't adapt.

1st Half = 7
2nd Half = 4

Outside Lloris nobody had that great a game certainly not over the 90 minutes.

I think Dembele was superb. He and Ramires were the best players on the park today for me

People being harsh on Daws but he was getting a foot in, breaking up attacks time and again. Captains innings for me.

What do you think the reaction would have been if it had been Walker or Naughton letting their man run free to score the equalizer?

All in all I think he deserves the criticism he's gotten.

Lloris 8 - brilliant today, I thought he was immense
Walker 7 - getting back to his best
Dawson 6 - average performance
Vertonghen 6.5 - some quality passing, but looks tired?
Naughton 6 - I realise our options are limited, but a right back will always struggle to play on the left.
Dembele 8.5 MoTM - run things, drove forward and kept the midfield together
Paulinho 6.5 - unlucky with the shot that hit the post, became a little overran in the second half
Townsend 6.5 - turned Cashley inside and out, but why get yourself booked for diving in your own half, when you done the hard work?
Eriksen 6.5 - weaved his magic in the first half, became a little overran in the second half
Sigurdsson 7 - another superb goal and so unlucky not to regain our lead in the second half.
Soldado 6.5 - worked hard, got no support from the referee, and very little from his team mates

Chadli 6 - attempted to drive the team forward, but we needed some width from him when Chel$ea went down to ten.
Holtby 6 - struggled to adapt to the pace of the game, but worked his socks off.
Defoe 6 - a couple of half chances, but was reliant on s****s.

AVB 7 - the subs seemed to hand advantage to Chel$ea's midfield? I would have kept some width with Townsend and Lemala on either flank, with Sandro on to support Dembele.

Crowd 7 - sporadic performance today, good in patches.

Excellent: Lloris

Above par: Dembele, Walker, Vertonghen

Par: Townsend, Naughton, Siggy

Below par: Dawson, Eriksen, Paulinho, Soldado

Poor: n/a

Yep. That's my take on it too.

Lloris - 8
Walker - 7.5
Vertoghen 7
Dawson 5
Naughton 6

Townsend 6.5
Dembele 7.5
Paulie 5.5
Eriksen 5
Siggy 6

Sodado 5

Defoe 6
Chadli 5
Holtby 6

A lot of comments in the match thread about AVB's subs. I know it is easy to be wise after the fact but Sandro on for Eriksen should have happened early in the 2nd half. We needed a platform to build possession and attacks off and Sandro would have helped in this regards. Happy with the point though.

What do you think the reaction would have been if it had been Walker or Naughton letting their man run free to score the equalizer?

All in all I think he deserves the criticism he's gotten.

Will have to watch that again. Still struggling to understand all the negativity, imo he was immense.

Dembele was rightly made MOTM but he annoyed me today by not shooting and not picking the right time to pass.
I thought Townsend was our brightest player but a stupid dive and he did not help much in defence. They were raping us down the right and Walker was ball watching again and he was the nearest guy to Terry for the goal.
8s for Lloris? He worried me again coming for balls he should leave and I can’t remember any difficult saves.
Naughton was better than I expected.
People are having a pop at Dawson when it was Verts who was supposed to be taking care of Torres on the left.
Paulinho should have scored and was disappointing. Siggy faded and Soldado was, let’s face it, poor.
JD should have started. He was good.
Chadli..meh.

But having said all that I think that was a pretty good team performance against a team that if we finish above we will have won the title.

Last edited:
I think Dembele was superb. He and Ramires were the best players on the park today for me

Dembele for me had a average 1st half, come the second he was about the only composed player we had in the outfield, everyone else kept turning over possession. As a whole he did a good job but I do still think there were parts of his game today that should have been better.

Dembele was rightly made MOTM but he annoyed me today by not shooting and not picking the right time to pass.
I thought Townsend was our brightest player but a stupid dive and he did not help much in defence. They were raping us down the right and Walker was ball watching again and he was the nearest guy to Terry for the goal.
8s for Lloris? He worried me again coming for balls he should leave and I can’t remember any difficult saves.
Naughton was better than I expected.
People are having a pop at Dawson when it was Verts who was supposed to be taking care of Torres on the left.
Paulinho should have scored and was disappointing. Siggy faded and Soldado was, let’s face it, poor.
JD should have started. He was good.
Chadli..meh.

But having said all that I think that was a pretty good team performance against a team that if we finish above we will have won the title.

You saw for yourself what happens when an opponent gets a head to a free kick like that. Lloris comes for a lot of crosses into the box and he gets to most of them. Yes he will miss some, that happens, but overall I think his attacking style is a lot better than standing on your line too much. It's not like if he doesn't come for them we're safe...

Which situation are you talking about where Verts should have been taking care of Torres on the left? I think people are talking about the goal mainly. Although Dawson also struggled in the air against Torres a couple of times that lead to chances, the kind of situation you would expect Dawson to be at his best in.

Back