• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against arsenal(merged threads)

Yeah Saha was taken off because he was woeful. Bale at least still looked dangerous. I do accept the view that we need him and Lennon out wide; then they can rotate and even move inside, but it has to be done with the starting base of width in a 442. But I still cannot accept some of the Bale ratings. He is such a target. Parker meanwhile sure he won some tackles but isn't he meant to? I actually don't think he was terrible, but he gave away silly fouls, failed to protect King (who was terrible, his loss of pace is tragic and cannot see why he should be redeemed) and got a silly red which means he is out next week. Walker tried hard but lacked cover, and BAE struggled, but again probably misse dthe man in front of him. We need to move back to 442; Lennon and Bale wide. That is a much stronger base to build on because defensively today we were pathetic and going forward we were too narrow and too confused in our play. Compare that to their well-trained, clever attacking play which repeatedly ripped us apart.

Like I said, I would have given him a four, but his dive (and it was one, really) sort of spoiled his ratings for me. In retrospect, I probably should have given him a four, since his diving doesn't really affect his performances, but I'd like to see him cut it out. I argued for him a while ago, saying he was young and still learning; I still think that. However, he doesn't seem to be in any great hurry to learn not to do it, which discourages me. Hence the low rating.

I disagree with your first statement. Saha got subbed off because his name isn't Adebayor. I thought Saha was better than Adebayor in the first half. But you knew if someone said to you VDV is coming on at half time guess who's coming off out of our strikers who would you say? Everyone would have said Saha because Harry loves Adebayor.

Lennon should have come on, he helps out defensively, he's quick and can cause problems on either side of the pitch.

This.

This isn't a fun game to give ratings but here goes...

Friedel - 6 didn't do much wrong had a couple fine saves
Walker - 6.5 our best player in the back
King - 3 poor game worst i have seen from him
Kaboul - 5 don't remember him doing an awful lot wrong but to ship in 5 he should have done more
BAE - 3 awful all over the place
Kranjcar - 5 I actually thought he did well trcking back in 1st half which we missed in 2nd half but wasn't involved enough
Parker - 5.5 battled but still poor by his standards
Modric - 4 was bossed out of the game
Bale -4 hate the dive and he was quiet throughout
Adebayor - 4 poor
Saha - 5 somewhat lucky goal but he did well to create space for shot not involved enough though

Sandro 1 I thought he was shockingly bad, I assume he was brought on to shore up midfield and he did the opposite poor positioning wayward passing I can only assume he was not fit
VDV - 4 looked off the pace rushed back it looked like

Kranjcar and Saha were BY FAR the worst players. Kranjcar is simply not good enough, not even for the bench. I really believe that; he's slow, doesn't offer much by the odd moment of awesomeness. But it's not enough. And Saha, yes he scored a goal, but he offers nothing. People slagging off Ade, but in the first half Ade wa the one staying up waiting for the service, yet he STILL saw more of the ball and was more involved then Saha. Defoe must be furious to see Saha come straight in and play more minutes than him. How Lennon didn't get any minutes I have no idea.

Also showed how Kaboul and Ekotto are FAR from being the best players in our team, Kaboul has had a good season, but people on here seem to think he's incredible. He's not. He's very good with moments of lapses (he fudged up the off side trap TWICE for their goals yesterday) and Ekotto, again, yes he's ahd a great season, but he does cost us too, and unfortunately Rose isn't a good enough back up.

We desperately need a LB, 2 CB's (maybe one if we bring back Cailker) a SPEEDY winger and 2 strikers (one if we keep Ade) and we will be awesome. But we're jus a few players short.

Next week we have to play Lennon.

Kranjcar and Saha were BY FAR the worst players. Kranjcar is simply not good enough, not even for the bench. I really believe that; he's slow, doesn't offer much by the odd moment of awesomeness. But it's not enough. And Saha, yes he scored a goal, but he offers nothing. People slagging off Ade, but in the first half Ade wa the one staying up waiting for the service, yet he STILL saw more of the ball and was more involved then Saha. Defoe must be furious to see Saha come straight in and play more minutes than him. How Lennon didn't get any minutes I have no idea.

Also showed how Kaboul and Ekotto are FAR from being the best players in our team, Kaboul has had a good season, but people on here seem to think he's incredible. He's not. He's very good with moments of lapses (he fudged up the off side trap TWICE for their goals yesterday) and Ekotto, again, yes he's ahd a great season, but he does cost us too, and unfortunately Rose isn't a good enough back up.

We desperately need a LB, 2 CB's (maybe one if we bring back Cailker) a SPEEDY winger and 2 strikers (one if we keep Ade) and we will be awesome. But we're jus a few players short.

Next week we have to play Lennon.

Agreed.

Back