• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings against arsenal(merged threads)

How was Bale worse than Saha, that Ade, than King, than Walker? Parker was also a headless chicken, but apparently bluster wins more rating points.

there wasn't really anyone who came out of that looking good - credit to Walker for battling on despite obviously carrying n injury

majorly disappointed with : Adebayor, Ekotto, Modric, Parker, Bale

Friedel 7 One top save
Assou ekotto 4 Always looked under pressure, so hoofed the ball, goals came from his side aswell
King 5 He is not trainning, it is showing
Kaboul 6 cant remember him doing much wrong but when we concede five you cant give defenders a good rating
Walker 7 our best player, solid at the back
Kranjcar 4 Never in control and always looks as if he is about to lose the ball
Modric 5 Not at best
Bale 5 One good run, has to be on the left, but thats not his fault
Parker 5 Even early on, he looked tired, i cant believe he played at Stevage where he already looked tired, runs everywhere because he has to control on his own a 5 man midfield
Adebayor 3 Poor, yes he scored, yes he did passed it for saha but the rest was awful
Saha lucky goal, nothing else

Vdv 4 looked unfit and slow, and that has been going on for months..
Sandro 5 Far from his best, lacks game time i suppose

there wasn't really anyone who came out of that looking good - credit to Walker for battling on despite obviously carrying n injury

majorly disappointed with : Adebayor, Ekotto, Modric, Parker, Bale

This, these players were far from their best, maybe they have played too many games.

How was Bale worse than Saha, that Ade, than King, than Walker? Parker was also a headless chicken, but apparently bluster wins more rating points.

Bale was on the pitch for far longer, and was unable to influence the game any more than Saha. Significantly less, in fact. At least Saha scored, massive deflection though it may have taken. King and Walker, like I said, were victimso f the lack of support afforded them by the midfield, so they're partially redeemed. Parker got a yellow early, but managed to win, what, five more tackles before being sent off? He was the only one trying to cover the back-line out of our entire midfield today, the only one to read Arsenal's runs, and the only one to try and stop them.

This, these players were far from their best, maybe they have played too many games.

That doesn't really wash, as far as I'm concerned. They play one game a week. One. That's pathetically easy to do considering that the likes of United and Barcelona play in mid-week as well, plus in the cups, on a regular basis.

Friedel 5 - Good saves but should be commanding the area on Crosses
Walker 5 Our best player today, but shakey defensively.
Kaboul 4 Terrible defensive line today hard to do a job on RVP
King 4 Wasn't fit not up to the pace
Ekotto 4 Not committed enough today.
Kranjcar 5 Neat but no threat.
Modric 5 Ran the game the first 20 minutes but was on the backfoot most of the time due to him being the only CM to hold position.
Parker 3 Ran out of position, terrible decision making, terrible passing and couldn't even get near let alone tackle an Arsenal player today. His supsension will be a blessing in disguise for us
Bale 4 Made things happen in the first half but Isolated due to the midfield losing the possession.
Saha 5 Decent run for the goal, not much threat
Adebayor 4 Let the occasion get to him, and he showed them too much respect. Terrible first touch today.
VDV 6 passed well kept possession well; but off pace
Sandro 4 off the pace due to lack of match practice

Redknapp - 3 - Failed to prepare the players mentally and tactically.

I was going to Add that he has been like this against all top class opposition all season. Undisciplined, reckless, bad decision making. I didn't surprise me that he played like that.

It was his worst game of the season. I know you hate Parker, but do you honestly think he was worse than Ekotto who was at fault for two goals and Adebayor? Seriously? Players that don't show any determination or effort get the lowest rating in my eyes.

It was his worst game of the season. I know you hate Parker, but do you honestly think he was worse than Ekotto who was at fault for two goals and Adebayor? Seriously? Players that don't show any determination or effort get the lowest rating in my eyes.

I dont hate Parker, I just don't think he is a good footballer. The reason Adebayor and BAE got a 4 instead of a 3 was because for brief glimpses they did play to the standard that was expected of them. Adebayor played the ball through to Saha and in the first 30 minutes of the first half BAE was playing Walcott very well. But Parker wasn't playing well when we were playing decent.

Kaboul 6 cant remember him doing much wrong but when we concede five you cant give defenders a good rating

He alone was at fault for the 5th which really killed us off. At 4-2 we could still have got something out of the game, he was a good 5 yards behind the rest of the back line playing everyone else onside. Shocking from him, just lazy.

He obviously wasn't the only one who made mistakes but to give him the second best rating on the team is ridiculous

Bale was on the pitch for far longer, and was unable to influence the game any more than Saha. Significantly less, in fact. At least Saha scored, massive deflection though it may have taken. King and Walker, like I said, were victimso f the lack of support afforded them by the midfield, so they're partially redeemed. Parker got a yellow early, but managed to win, what, five more tackles before being sent off? He was the only one trying to cover the back-line out of our entire midfield today, the only one to read Arsenal's runs, and the only one to try and stop them.

Yeah Saha was taken off because he was woeful. Bale at least still looked dangerous. I do accept the view that we need him and Lennon out wide; then they can rotate and even move inside, but it has to be done with the starting base of width in a 442. But I still cannot accept some of the Bale ratings. He is such a target. Parker meanwhile sure he won some tackles but isn't he meant to? I actually don't think he was terrible, but he gave away silly fouls, failed to protect King (who was terrible, his loss of pace is tragic and cannot see why he should be redeemed) and got a silly red which means he is out next week. Walker tried hard but lacked cover, and BAE struggled, but again probably misse dthe man in front of him. We need to move back to 442; Lennon and Bale wide. That is a much stronger base to build on because defensively today we were pathetic and going forward we were too narrow and too confused in our play. Compare that to their well-trained, clever attacking play which repeatedly ripped us apart.

Yeah Saha was taken off because he was woeful. Bale at least still looked dangerous. I do accept the view that we need him and Lennon out wide; then they can rotate and even move inside, but it has to be done with the starting base of width in a 442. But I still cannot accept some of the Bale ratings. He is such a target. Parker meanwhile sure he won some tackles but isn't he meant to? I actually don't think he was terrible, but he gave away silly fouls, failed to protect King (who was terrible, his loss of pace is tragic and cannot see why he should be redeemed) and got a silly red which means he is out next week. Walker tried hard but lacked cover, and BAE struggled, but again probably misse dthe man in front of him. We need to move back to 442; Lennon and Bale wide. That is a much stronger base to build on because defensively today we were pathetic and going forward we were too narrow and too confused in our play. Compare that to their well-trained, clever attacking play which repeatedly ripped us apart.

I disagree with your first statement. Saha got subbed off because his name isn't Adebayor. I thought Saha was better than Adebayor in the first half. But you knew if someone said to you VDV is coming on at half time guess who's coming off out of our strikers who would you say? Everyone would have said Saha because Harry loves Adebayor.

Lennon should have come on, he helps out defensively, he's quick and can cause problems on either side of the pitch.

I disagree with your first statement. Saha got subbed off because his name isn't Adebayor. I thought Saha was better than Adebayor in the first half. But you knew if someone said to you VDV is coming on at half time guess who's coming off out of our strikers who would you say? Everyone would have said Saha because Harry loves Adebayor.

Lennon should have come on, he helps out defensively, he's quick and can cause problems on either side of the pitch.

They were both poor imo. In terms of your question I agree, ask me that and the answer would have been Saha. As it happens today I think Saha was really poor, but even then I probably would have waited ten minutes before making any changes just to see how things unfolded. Ade was poor today, his touch and strength on the ball was well off.

Absolutely agree on Lennon. Geninely think he has been a key reason we have done so well this year.

Back