• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match rating v Benfica (a)

Friedel 6

Naughton 7
Sandro 6
Fryers 7
Rose 6

Sigurdsson 5
Bentaleb 7.5

Lennon 4
Chadli 8.5
Townsend 4

Soldado 4

Eriksen 6
Kane 7

Excellent: Bentaleb, Chadli

Above par: Sandro, Fryers, Naughton, Kane (s), Eriksen (s)

Par: Brad, Rose

Below par: Lennon

Bad: Soldado, Townsend, Siggy

Friedel 6
Naughton 7
Sandro 6
Fryers 7
Rose 6
Sigurdsson 5
Bentaleb 7
Lennon 5
Chadli 8
Townsend 5
Soldado 5

Eriksen 6
Kane 7

Friedel 6
Naughton 7
Sandro 6
Fryers 7
Rose 6

Sigurdsson 6
Bentaleb 7
Lennon 5
Chadli 8
Townsend 4

Soldado 5

Sub :

Eriksen 6
Kane 7

Friedel 6

Naughton 7
Sandro 6
Fryers 6
Rose 5

Sigurdsson 6
Bentaleb 7

Lennon 5
Chadli 7
Townsend 4

Soldado 3

Eriksen 6
Kane 6

Friedel 7
Naughton 7
Sandro 6
Fryers 7
Rose 6
Sigurdsson 6
Bentaleb 8
Lennon 5
Chadli 8
Townsend 6
Soldado 6

Subs
Eriksen 7
Kane 8

Friedel 5.5 - average vote as he had little to do

Naughton 7 - assured performance; if only he had a better left foot
Sandro 7 - surprised at his pace
Fryers 6 - boy done good
Rose 6 - tough task

Sigurdsson 5.5 - largely invisible but provides a goal threat
Bentaleb 8 - has a bit too much confidence, perhaps? Would be great if he developed into our Roy Keane

Lennon 7 - seemed to come alive in the last 10 minutes; has he become too disciplined?
Chadli 8 - blimey.
Townsend 5 - some poor decision making

Soldado 4 - crikey

Eriksen 6 - was it coincidence that the revival started when he came on? Yes, probably
Kane 7 - done well, apart from being a bit too keen to go to ground

Tim - 7. Nice suit. Perhaps he should stay away from the touchline more often

Friedel - 6

Naughton - 7
Sandro - 6
Fryers - 7
Rose - 5

Lennon - 5
Sigurdsson - 5
Bentaleb - 7.5
Townsend - 4

Chadli - 8
Soldado - 4.5

--

Eriksen - 6
Kane - 7

Freidel - 6 - fine
Naughton - 7 - another composed display
Sandro - 6 - did well out of position, would have been a 7 if it wasn't for the last minute pen
Fryers - 7 excellent
Rose - 5 - some good stuff, but some very poor stuff
Bentaleb - 8 - outstanding performance, this lad looks like he can be a top midfielder with the right development and support
Sigurdsson - 6 - not really involved enough as per usual, but popped up with some timely late runs, should have scored
Lennon - 7 - worked hard and was a threat to them all night
Chadli - 8 - blimey so THAT's why we signed this guy
Townsend - 5 - pathetic. Sadly, I feel its the attitude with this guy rather than his ability
Soldado - 4 - disaster of a signing

Eriksen - 7 - the guy is just top quality
Kane - 6.5 did well when he came on

Were we not saying this about Chadli not so long ago? I am not ready to write this guy off yet, you may laugh but I can see he is a quality player who is desperately short of confidence.

Were we not saying this about Chadli not so long ago? I am not ready to write this guy off yet, you may laugh but I can see he is a quality player who is desperately short of confidence.

I think it will happen too, only player I have given up on is Jenasinho

When we get a proper manager with more of a plan than 'passion' and 'running about a bit' think Soldado and co will start to look very good.
Paulinho may just ship before that though..

I think it will happen too, only player I have given up on is Jenasinho

Lots of you blowing sunshine up Chadli's ****. I know he scored two goals but. But is that the be all and end all of ratings? for my part i have thought the was a waste of a signing and utter tosh. Tonight he showed some nice touches in places and finished off a nice shot and an easy knock down. Was it an earth shattering performance for the season? no! was it a much better performance that he has produced all season? yes! so you are rating him on how crap he has been before. Until he does that for three or four games then I am still not convinced by him.

As for Soldado. Its not that he is not scoring. Its that when he gets chances he is not even getting close. He looks lost out there. Snatching at chances and showing a real lack of technique. Harry Kane did more than him in his brief appearance. Im really worried about Soldado. He is going to be our biggest waste of money.

Here are my Ratings:

Friedel__________6______Not that much to do really but slow movement for the header.
Naughton________7_____Some decent play for him. Got up and down the line well enough.
Fryers__________7______Seems like the back line was not tested too much. But he played well.
Rose___________7______Thought he put in some good tackles.
Sandro_________7______Showed his all action ability and his naivety that gets him booked. I was almost content that at least we won 2-1 but he took a silly pen.
Benteleb________8______Great performance from him. Demanded the ball all game. Gave quick passes. And also broke up a lot of their play.
Siggurdsson_____6______was hoping for more from him.
Lennon_________6______when he does get slipped him he never picks out a man.
Townsend______6_______Some mild threat on the left. But not much end product either.
Chadli__________8______Gets a decent score for bagging a deuce and some improved play. Please keep it up.
Soldado________4______couple of link ups with chadli and nothing else. Two half chances snatched at.

Subs:

Eriksen_________5______Not much chance to get in the game.
Kane___________7______Set up one goal, almost won a pen and nearly got the 3rd. Not a bad Cameo.

Overall considering the players injured. We played pretty well. Benfica are a mighty home team and we should have won this leg.

Dont write off any player yet lads. Let's judge them properly in a proper system where we play Asa collective and not expect individuals to win us games through individual brilliance.

Ironic that Nacers great goal sparked a better team performance. Eriksen was fantastic. Loved the bentaleb and Eriksen axis. We genuinely looked creative and got danger players into position

Would like to see

---------------Sandro-----------------
-----Bentaleb----------Eriksen-------
Dembele----------------------Chadli
---------------Adebayor--------------

V Southampton

Back