• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match rating v Benfica (a)

Excellent: Bentaleb, Chadli

Above par: Sandro, Fryers, Naughton, Kane (s), Eriksen (s)

Par: Brad, Rose

Below par: Lennon

Bad: Soldado, Townsend, Siggy

This.

Lennon only came alive in the last ten minutes.

Was this Sherwoods cunning plan? Wait for them to tire, then get Lennon to play as an outright winger ( for a change) bring on Eriksen when spaces open up and put on a proper aerial threat? I dare say if a previous manager would have done this, it would have been claimed as a masterclass of "resting" in games!

Strange how perspective distorts.

if it's a cunning plan its a bloody risky plan to rely on the last ten minuets to win a game! You give Sherwood and AVB much too much credit if you believe either had that in mind.

For me it was more down to luck than any actual planning (and Benfica switching off), that we came back as we did.

When we get a proper manager with more of a plan than 'passion' and 'running about a bit' think Soldado and co will start to look very good.
Paulinho may just ship before that though..

Some managers might, while other managers ( no names mentioned) certainly didn't when they had the chance.

I haven't yet given up on any of our new players and hope beyond hope they are suffering from first season syndrome. Next season will be telling

if it's a cunning plan its a bloody risky plan to rely on the last ten minuets to win a game! You give Sherwood and AVB much too much credit if you believe either had that in mind.

For me it was more down to luck than any actual planning (and Benfica switching off), that we came back as we did.

I am not giving either credit for this type of crazy plan.

Just saying that some used to argue that the previous manager employed just this sort of tactic. And claimed it to be masterful.

Even Secondgearinho might find another gear next season.

I think Secondgearinho has been stuck in second gear since Charlie Adam engrained a nightmare of his missing a home world cup in Brazil onto his brain.

Now he blatantly avoids midfield hotspots and pulls out of every 50/50. He should be dropped and not appear for the rest of the season IMO.

Back