• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Marcus Edwards

Can he go out for loan after the transfer window closes?

In previous seasons that loan window for the Championship and Football League has remained open after the transfer window has shut. Realistically, he's going to be lucky getting many minutes in the PL at any club.

He offers something we don't have in our team. Would love to see him involved this season. Shame he didn't go on the pre season tour.

Poch does seem to be changing re. youth players going out on loan. CCV, Onomah, wanted to loan Edwards. We have a strong squad, so it makes sense else these boys will never get a chance to prove themselves -- and we can't afford them to learn on the job too much, because we are aiming to challenge for the title and win things.

Poch does seem to be changing re. youth players going out on loan. CCV, Onomah, wanted to loan Edwards. We have a strong squad, so it makes sense else these boys will never get a chance to prove themselves -- and we can't afford them to learn on the job too much, because we are aiming to challenge for the title and win things.

I think that Edwards ought to start making the bench soon and maybe get a chance in the cups.

I think that Edwards ought to start making the bench soon and maybe get a chance in the cups.

He might get in the league cup team, I think making the bench for league games will be a struggle for him when most of our players are fit. Even with Lamela out, I think Poch would choose Sissoko for the bench ahead of Edwards. I guess this is why we wanted to loan him.

Pleased that he's stayed rather than go out on loan. Last season he was mostly injured so it was a write-off for him and with a combination of us not adding a pacey attacker in the window and Onomah being out on loan so 1 less competition, hopefully he should be in/around the squad this year, in particular in domestic cups. Hopefully we'll see him in the league cup later in Sept

If we don't give him minutes in some of the less important matches I dare say he'll look to leave.
Play him in the Caribou cup (wtf is it called??) but not with a team full of kids. I don't think that ever really helps. Our squad is big enough now to put out a decent team in all comps.

Last edited:
He might get in the league cup team, I think making the bench for league games will be a struggle for him when most of our players are fit. Even with Lamela out, I think Poch would choose Sissoko for the bench ahead of Edwards. I guess this is why we wanted to loan him.

Well that's a mistake. I'd prefer to see what Edwards might be able to do, than to put up with Sisokko coming on and offering nothing.

Has anyone seen him play recently? In his friendly cameos last preseason I thought he looked far from ready, which was reinforced by watching YouTube videos a moment ago of his Juventus and Ahletico appearances.

But hopefully the last year has seen him develop further, not least physically? He looked like the shire pony equivalent of a human last year!

I hope that as there becomes more pressure on Poch to deliver a trophy, he doesn't find it harder to play youth, as that is what's got him where he is now.

He should have GKN in his sights. That seems to be the squad place that would be most vulnerable to him.

Back