• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Should, could, would, they are second for a reason, I've never bought into letting my feelings judge situations, I dont care about other teams and their failures don't make ours any better. They will be the top team in this country for years to come and a cosmic shift in power over decades will be the only thing that changes that not 5 or 6years, but if the dream of them crashing in flames pleases people I should not begrudge them their delusions.

I think its fair to say clubs can outperform themselves, and over time a lot of statistical indicators bear out over time.

Look at Leicester as an example, by any measure (other than points!) they were never the best in the league, yet they won. Now they have fallen back to the sort of position their stats said they should be.

I think its also fair to say Utd are NOTHING like they were. 3 managers now have managed to strip away the aura and quality and identity they had. They arent the same beast anymore.

Statistically they are not the second best in the league either, and are relying on a few outliers to have them where they are.

If, over time, they regress to where the stats say they should be, they will be in the pack with Us/Arsenal/Chelsea/Pool - and those are rather muddy waters for a club.

Of course, they have the money to invest, and can improve (as can anyone). The point is that right now they are in something of a false position. It should be us and Pool fighting it out for second.

And, then you look at the intangibles a bit more - Mourinho looks flustered. And when he gets like this implosion often follows. Thats the interesting part for me.

There is talent in the squad, but it is massively imbalanced. There are funds available. Should Mourinho go, how would his replacement do? Could go either way.

For me though, right now, Utd really arent all that and they are punching above their performances so far as league position goes.

Bit of an odd one that. He has done an incredible job there, and yet they think they can (should?) do better.

Its madness, he has them in the play off conversation most seasons on an absolute shoe string and with the like of Freddie Sears in the squad.

What happened to Curbishley? We know what happened to Charlton which proves what a good job he did there. He is younger and at least as talented as some of the managers who get endlessly recycled.

What happened to Curbishley? We know what happened to Charlton which proves what a good job he did there. He is younger and at least as talented as some of the managers who get endlessly recycled.

I think he tried waiting for the right club instead of getting on the merrygoround of getting relegated, having his contract paid out and just move on to the next club in crisis.

He left West Ham ten years ago, when aged 50. Apart from a few brief stints with Fulham as technical director, assistant coach and interim coach, he has stayed out of football. He doesn't even appear too often as a pundit.

Perhaps he is happy this way; he must have earned plenty of money to live comfortably. An offer good enough to tempt him out of retirement never materialised and, as you imply, the relegation scrap may not have appealed.

He left West Ham ten years ago, when aged 50. Apart from a few brief stints with Fulham as technical director, assistant coach and interim coach, he has stayed out of football. He doesn't even appear too often as a pundit.

Perhaps he is happy this way; he must have earned plenty of money to live comfortably. An offer good enough to tempt him out of retirement never materialised and, as you imply, the relegation scrap may not have appealed.

He has done work on the international PL broadcast, punditry in places like Africa, Albania, Norway. I remember seeing him on some show where they were taking calls.

Back