• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

Probably not.

Savage is telling them to go for Hughes, as he does for his old mate with every vacancy.

I dont think Hughes could save them.

BBC gossip linked them with Silva - now there is someone who might stand a chance.

Even then though, its a tough situation.

They do have some quality, but they also lack depth and outright matchwinners. And are bereft of confidence.

https://southamptonfc.com/first-team

Actually, looking at that, there should be a decent team in there somewhere

Austin, Gabbiadini, Tadic, Romeo (I liked at Chelsea under AVB), Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Lemina (liked us linked with him), Bertrand...

Hughes set up both QPR and Stoke for relegation, has no pedigree in rescuing clubs from relegation or winning promotion unlike Allardyce. Will be a shocking decision by the Southampton board to appoint him.

He's very good at spending lots of money to create sides that briefly flirt with mid table. When the money stops, relegation is next.

It's going to be hard to hang on to Poch long term, but at a minimum I can see him wanting to play the first season at the new stadium. I'm also hoping that he really values building a teams, which could rule him out from PSG and Real. And fortunately the Spanish club that might be more suitable for long-term building is the one he has ruled out, even though the city is his "home".

Anyone who feels that football is some kind of meritocracy and that stupid people who have played football are better placed than intelligent ones who haven't really need to consider this post.

It's like making the office cleaner the Chairman of Lloyd's because he already has a set of keys.

Back