• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

This and Harry Kane thread - we've gone all introspective.

I'm surprised @scaramanga has let such hippy things happen.... but someone get the incense out and sing kumbaya

I didn't want Poch at all, wanted Benitez. I'm very happy with how wrong I was!

I can't really imagine anyone but Poch as our manager right now, it's like trying to imagine someone other than James Gandolfini playing Tony Soprano -- just doesn't compute.

He didn't really start anything at Ajax though. He just continued the formula that Rinus Michels established in the late 60s, and which Cruyff and van Gaal tweaked in the late 80s/early 90s. That, combined with the massive resource disparity in the Dutch league, means it's pretty much impossible to not succeed there (think the Celtic job).
This is why it was especially disappointing MJ didn't win the title there, even with a goal difference of +86!!

His stint at Chelsea showed he can be pragmatic and achieve something with what he has at his disposal, but as soon he gets a steady gig he just wants to buy more and more players with no real long term plan.

It's his transfer dealings that most concerned me. His treatment of Alonso at Liverpool was baffling.

Steve Parrish is a idiot, over the last ten years he has employed the following managers ( and that does not include the caretaker managers). No wonder the club is a joke when you look at the ability of some of those jokers.

Neil Warnock 36% win
Paul Hart 21% win
George Burley 28% win
Dougie Freedman 35% win
Ian Holloway 30% win
Tony Pullis 42% win
Neil Warnock ( again) 17% win
Alan Pardew 40% win
Fat Sam 37% win
FDB

Freedman saved them from relegation, then ran off to Bolton where he was a miserable failure. He's now sporting director at Palace.

Steve Parrish is a idiot, over the last ten years he has employed the following managers ( and that does not include the caretaker managers). No wonder the club is a joke when you look at the ability of some of those jokers.

Neil Warnock 36% win
Paul Hart 21% win
George Burley 28% win
Dougie Freedman 35% win
Ian Holloway 30% win
Tony Pullis 42% win
Neil Warnock ( again) 17% win
Alan Pardew 40% win
Fat Sam 37% win
FDB

He should've brought back Olly. I love it when he is managing in the PL.

Back