• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Manager Sack Watch

These were apparently Redknapp's words to his squad after their defeat to Preston: “I won’t be here next week. It’s been a pleasure to work with half of you.”

I think he's like a few others; the game has moved on and he's been left behind. At least I'll be more likely to see him again when I'm walking the dog at Sandbanks.

I honestly think, when you look at his career, he has never actually been at the top of the game. He has never been on a level footing with the best.

His time with us is clearly the peak of his management career, and even then we were a really flawed team.

Pompey was a good craic for him, but that was on the back of spending more money than they had and it was a short lived high point.

And other than that he has followed a similar pattern of new manager buzz - high player turnover - things go stale - more player turnover - sacked

Brum are getting what they deserved. Rowett is a bloody good manager who deserved backing. Instead they sacked him and brought in Redknapp who is an entirely known quantity, who has played out entirely as expected.

I honestly think, when you look at his career, he has never actually been at the top of the game. He has never been on a level footing with the best.

His time with us is clearly the peak of his management career, and even then we were a really flawed team.

Pompey was a good craic for him, but that was on the back of spending more money than they had and it was a short lived high point.

And other than that he has followed a similar pattern of new manager buzz - high player turnover - things go stale - more player turnover - sacked

Brum are getting what they deserved. Rowett is a bloody good manager who deserved backing. Instead they sacked him and brought in Redknapp who is an entirely known quantity, who has played out entirely as expected.

It's so easy to forget the Rowett sacking...lol the owners tried to go glitzy and for a 'big brand name' in Zola, when that didn't work out they decided to go for the 'English wheeler-dealer' to steady the corporate ship and stop it sinking. Got burned by both mad moves.

Watch them turn to a Jorge Mendes manager next:D

1214.jpg

Back