• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Malinovskyi

Playing on BT Sport now vs Milan

Scored the only goal in teh first half, albeit hugely deflected

Playing in the '2' in a 3-4-2-1 and on the right hand side of the 2

Seems to have a reasonable amount of similarities to Kulu

Not convinced he's what we need, unless we just need a dependable body to replace Gil

Not convinced he's what we need, unless we just need a dependable body to replace Gil

Seems to have had a falling out with gasperini. Reasonable price so we can get him if we want him. Which suggests he's not top of the list. Maybe a backup option.

Or we are getting players out the door first.

Someone reasonably similar to Kulusevski, but not quite as good really could be useful this season.

His is one of the positions where we really have no backup that's similar in style or role.

I think something may happen with him or someone else. Been a lot of back and forth on Gil, looks like he now will be going on a loan. I'm guessing that means we'll want someone else.

Someone reasonably similar to Kulusevski, but not quite as good really could be useful this season.

His is one of the positions where we really have no backup that's similar in style or role.

I think something may happen with him or someone else. Been a lot of back and forth on Gil, looks like he now will be going on a loan. I'm guessing that means we'll want someone else.
I think Jack Harrison could be good for us. Almost double footed, pacy and hard-working. Comfortable on either wings.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I think Edwards gets the nod as relatively cheap at £26m and is also home grown, allowing us to look at overseas players for other positions.

Not often you can sign a home grown player with enormous potential for as little as £26m.

I think Edwards gets the nod as relatively cheap at £26m and is also home grown, allowing us to look at overseas players for other positions.

Not often you can sign a home grown player with enormous potential for as little as £26m.

Not sure that cost is necessarily accurate.

If Conte thinks he's big enough, strong enough and ready enough yes please.

1 goal and 2 assists in 14 matches, kinda seems unimpressive.

If he's free then would be better to have on the bench rather than the 6 defenders

I'm not sure how he solves our lack of pace or real creativity though. He's seemed quite functional to me when I've seen him- doesnt make mistakes but never stood out when i've seen him

If he's free then would be better to have on the bench rather than the 6 defenders

I'm not sure how he solves our lack of pace or real creativity though. He's seemed quite functional to me when I've seen him- doesnt make mistakes but never stood out when i've seen him

Bentancur and Kulu aside we really must question the quality of our scouting and buying policy -

Emerson, a defensive full back deployed as an attacking wingback

Spence, an attacking wingback that the manager obviously did not want and will not play. All we have done is stalled the young lads career. I can only scoff at people who defend Conte by saying that Spence is not ready for this league but do not make the same argument each time Emerson trots out in a Spurs kit.

Richarlison, a striker or a left wing forward who always seems to be deployed on the right flank.

Bissouma, a central midfielder who looked like a Rolls Royce in a midfield 3 seems to look like a fish out of water in a 3.

Gil, a featherweight who is obviously nowhere near ready for the physicality of the EPL

Bentancur and Kulu aside we really must question the quality of our scouting and buying policy -

Spence, an attacking wingback that the manager obviously did not want and will not play. All we have done is stalled the young lads career. I can only scoff at people who defend Conte by saying that Spence is not ready for this league but do not make the same argument each time Emerson trots out in a Spurs kit.

Richarlison, a striker or a left wing forward who always seems to be deployed on the right flank.

Bissouma, a central midfielder who looked like a Rolls Royce in a midfield 3 seems to look like a fish out of water in a 3.

Gil, a featherweight who is obviously nowhere near ready for the physicality of the EPL
Emerson, Gil brought for the previous manager
Rucharlison played out of position due to injuries to others
There are reasons
Spence is just odd and conte is killing the kid to prove a point

There are reasons

Emerson & Gil were brought by the current DoF, and he screwed up

But for the previous manager

In which case it would be foolhardy for Levy to back the manager if he does not commit himself to the club, else Conte could walk in the summer and they we find our new manager has players that will not suit his style of play. I bitch about the DoF and our buying policy and then you tell me but the players were brought for the former manger (Conte).

But for the previous manager
Emerson with an attacking wide option in front of him would be a good combination.

Spence - Conte has said he's on board with developing youth and working with what we have, but has done the opposite.

Conte (and Mourinho before) are not a fit for our club vision and ethos.
That's partly on them for accepting something, then doing the opposite. And partly on Levy for being blinded by a big name.
Nuno being utter brick didn't help.

The club needs to decide right now if it's:
I. Back Conte. Difficult to justify if he won't commit. And with the transitory nature of football, it's very risky.
II. Stick with, and/or redefine, the club vision. Work out who the successor and like them up for summer.

There are reasons

Gil was bought for future tho. And at a very big sum if you ask me. 20+Lamela? Along with Richarlison we’ve spent nearly £100m on 2 attacking players that haven’t score a premier league goal between them in 20+ appearances.

I like them both - but were they the right places to spend our money?

Gil was bought for future tho. And at a very big sum if you ask me. 20+Lamela? Along with Richarlison we’ve spent nearly £100m on 2 attacking players that haven’t score a premier league goal between them in 20+ appearances.

I like them both - but were they the right places to spend our money?

Gil deal imv was two fold, good way to get lamela out and a chance to sell for a handsome profit back to spain.

I think Paratici has done well in the last two windows.

Emerson raises the question of the linkage between the signings which the Dof makes though and manager's preferred system.

Should the DoF only sign players to fit Conte's system and then what happens when Conte leaves? Should we then only look at back-3 managers, and ignore managers who play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1?

Paratichi came in last minute that summer with the club in turmoil, so i think he needs a bit of a pass on that window tbh, especially given his main priority was working through an ever dwindling list of managers.

The Gil deal does stink though tbh, no way he's a 20m + Lamela prospect - we'd be better off with the latter still here currently and it's way up in the air that Gil will amount to anything, if he does it won't be for several seasons as things stand. There were rumours he was being linked to a Spanish club for 5m and Seville couldn't believe their luck when we came in.

Back