• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

The point was on fitness, not preparedness.

Fitness wise I see no reason why he cant come off the bench.

Whether or not he is ready, well I agree thats up to Poch. It might be he is ready, he is a natural fit, and its all looking good. It might be he is no where near, who are we to say at this point?

Ill only say that when he signed I emphasised I believe he is a buy for next season more than this, but he is likely to get a super sub role fort he remainder of this.

He will want to play, with the WC coming up, so the motivation should be with him.

Ultimately though, he needs to get involved at some point, and a direct attacking threat late in the game could well be just what we need against Arsenal.
I know he'll be motivated to play (I'd be concerned if he wasn't!), but stating the obvious here, wanting to play and actually playing are two different things. Poch will know when it's a good time to introduce him, but imo I don't think it will be before Rochdale.

I know he'll be motivated to play (I'd be concerned if he wasn't!), but stating the obvious here, wanting to play and actually playing are two different things. Poch will know when it's a good time to introduce him, but imo I don't think it will be before Rochdale.

I can well see him on the bench Saturday, his introduction will be impact sub initially, so why not then?

Im not saying he will play, but Im pretty certain Poch will want him getting involved and up to speed sooner rather than later.

Just as the player will.

I can well see him on the bench Saturday, his introduction will be impact sub initially, so why not then?

Im not saying he will play, but Im pretty certain Poch will want him getting involved and up to speed sooner rather than later.

Just as the player will.
Because I don't think Poch's m.o. is to throw in players to "ran arand a bit" and that's exactly what it will be when a player has barely started getting integrated into the first team, even though he may be a quality player. But if he does make the bench and makes an impact late in the game, I won't be complaining. ;)

Who even said anything about "ran around a bit"?

This is a top level player, in a position that is less impactful than others on the field so far as the system goes.

Its not an absolute given he will not be able to play as a substitute.

It is quite possible he could get a spell late on. Especially if conditions suit.

Who even said anything about "ran around a bit"?

This is a top level player, in a position that is less impactful than others on the field so far as the system goes.

Its not an absolute given he will not be able to play as a substitute.

It is quite possible he could get a spell late on. Especially if conditions suit.
Well, if a player isn't drilled into the team tactics and established at least a cursory level of comfort with his teammates, then it is more like "run around a bit."

Unless, perhaps, he is a top level player, who has a standing relationship with the RB, and has spent the last week in training with everyone - to the degree that he can come on late and do a job.

Youre talking about a wing forward, not a CM. His job is much simpler. Late in a game, it gets stretched, it could be ideal conditions for him to come on and make use of some space.

He has to play sooner or later, training will only take him so far. And I would imagine both he and Poch are keen for him to get up to speed.

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy, speed, likes his tricks, likes to beat his man, looks like a true Spurs player.

I'm expecting a good mix of being amazed and frustrated ....

Was no-one surprised that Son was the only first teamer who played on Wednesday? Probably means nothing other than Son is the fittest player in the squad but could it be Moura actually starts tomorrow with Son rested for Turin?

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy, speed, likes his tricks, likes to beat his man, looks like a true Spurs player.

I'm expecting a good mix of being amazed and frustrated ....

Agreed - he'll give us something which we dont have at the moment....pace and ability to beat his man

Back