• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Should make the bench today!

A fantastic sub to bring on against a tiring defence. I don't think Poch will be able to resist having him as a bench option.

Looking at the youtube vid of lucas training today, it seems he has skills that will pay the bills. Comfortable, quick and skillful

Looking at the youtube vid of lucas training today, it seems he has skills that will pay the bills. Comfortable, quick and skillful

The criticism of his time in France is that he can be a bit head down and his form can be a little sporadic.

I predict he will be on the bench against the Goons.
if we start the same 11 as Lollerpool and Yanited and Vorm is one of the subs, then you have to have Toby, Lamela, Aurier, Rose, Wanyama as the other 5 of the remaining 6. So he would take the 6th spot on the bench ahead of Llorente, Winks, or Sissoko, players who may not be of his quality, but are well versed in the Poch system. And against a top-6 rival, at that. I find that a bit implausible, given he will have trained less than a week with the team and has hardly played all season. I think we are more likely to see him against Rochdale and making the bench against Palace or Huddersfield.

Can't see him being at the fitness level Poch requires for a week or two at least. We're famous for double training sessions and strict monitoring of all our squad. Coming from a low key six months on the bench at PSG it' amazing he hasn't done a Danny Rose and piled on the pounds.

Plus we have a fully fit squad for the first time in the season. Means our bench is strong as fcuk. He'll get his chance but it won't be for a couple of weeks IMO.

You think a player can just walk into this team? Poch is very thorough and will know when to bring him into the system.

Rush him, could upset the balance and cost us.

Especially the way Lamela has played in his last 4 appearances - there's no way Moura could/should be ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.

I bet Poch continues to use Sissy ahead of Moura for a while yet too (depressing as that thought is)

You think a player can just walk into this team? Poch is very thorough and will know when to bring him into the system.

Rush him, could upset the balance and cost us.

The point was on fitness, not preparedness.

Fitness wise I see no reason why he cant come off the bench.

Whether or not he is ready, well I agree thats up to Poch. It might be he is ready, he is a natural fit, and its all looking good. It might be he is no where near, who are we to say at this point?

Ill only say that when he signed I emphasised I believe he is a buy for next season more than this, but he is likely to get a super sub role fort he remainder of this.

He will want to play, with the WC coming up, so the motivation should be with him.

Ultimately though, he needs to get involved at some point, and a direct attacking threat late in the game could well be just what we need against Arsenal.

The point was on fitness, not preparedness.

Fitness wise I see no reason why he cant come off the bench.

Whether or not he is ready, well I agree thats up to Poch. It might be he is ready, he is a natural fit, and its all looking good. It might be he is no where near, who are we to say at this point?

Ill only say that when he signed I emphasised I believe he is a buy for next season more than this, but he is likely to get a super sub role fort he remainder of this.

He will want to play, with the WC coming up, so the motivation should be with him.

Ultimately though, he needs to get involved at some point, and a direct attacking threat late in the game could well be just what we need against Arsenal.

I'm sure he will get game time.

Back