• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Looks a solid signing. Better stats than Zaha and alot of people were doing their beans at Levy for not signing him.

Excited

Looks a solid signing. Better stats than Zaha and alot of people were doing their beans at Levy for not signing him.

Excited
Plays in a much better side than Zaha though, PSG v Palace, so you’d expect an attacking player to look better in a good side than bad one.

Well happy with the signing, just saying the stats comparison to Zaha is a bit off.

Plays in a much better side than Zaha though, PSG v Palace, so you’d expect an attacking player to look better in a good side than bad one.

Well happy with the signing, just saying the stats comparison to Zaha is a bit off.
You'd expect a player in the PSG side to get a lot less space than one in Palace's though.

Oh yeh don't get me wrong I am using that to play abit of one upmanship really haha. But ultimately I am happy with the signing. I think people sometimes mistake shrewd business for being cheap, I hope this is Levy taking advantage of a club cutting the fat like he did with Real and VDV.

Was just wbout to type something similar but it's also worth remembering that as his teams main(only?) attacking threat Zaha will often be doubled up on

Yeh but to be fair isnt that what people moan about our players for not being able to handle? I forever see "when a team doubles up or sits back we don't do nothing" so in fairness the love for Zaha is pretty much undone by the same logic applied to our current players. WestHam this week an example, he had a donk of a game

Poch on Lucas:

I think for the club it was a good opportunity to add him. He can bring different qualities to the squad. He’s young, but he’s an experienced player, playing in a big club like PSG. He scored a lot of goals, he’s fast. He can go and run forward and then he can link with the team perfectly. For us it’s very helpful to have him. We hope that his adaptation will be fast. Our expectation and his is to try to help the team as soon as possible.

To have different options to play during the game, to change. I think it’s important for the team, different characteristics from different players. But it’s not going to change our principles, our philosophy and how we develop playing our philosophy playing football. I think that is so strong, the attitude of the team.

I think he’s going to make the effort to adapt himself with his quality in our philosophy and we are going to adapt our quality a bit too. If he plays when he is available to play or when he is on the pitch, to have different characteristics to play. He is a player who can adapt completely to our philosophy and play in our way.

I think it’s important like it was with Moussa Sissoko for Serge when he arrived. To adapt yourself in a new club,a new country, it’s so important to have, like he said ‘his mate’ or ‘his brother’. It’s important, but in the end, our squad is amazing in this aspect. All the players are so good, so nice people. He’s been made very welcome and not only Serge is going to help, different players will help out too.

Moura was helped to come here because of Aurier.
Who was helped to come here because of Sissoko.
Well, well, well.

Pochettino said:
I think he’s going to make the effort to adapt himself with his quality in our philosophy and we are going to adapt our quality a bit too. If he plays when he is available to play or when he is on the pitch, to have different characteristics to play. He is a player who can adapt completely to our philosophy and play in our way. Our philosophy is to let the available player adapt his mentality to the situation and improve the overall quality of the team. The existing members of the squad need to want to adapt their own quality to provide different situations for us. I hope he makes the right effort and convinces the fans that his quality will match the quality of the team so he becomes a new dimension to our philosophy, and a new way of becoming a whole system in our own way. If he is available on the pitch and off the pitch, to have different characteristics to play, we will use his best characteristics. He will match our own philosophy if our system adapts to his philosophy at the same time as our system adapts to the playing style of his new team mates.
Wow. The Pochalypse

I'm a bit disappointed that poch said he will probably not be in the squad against Liverpool. Imo he's just what we need off the bench

Back