• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't. He is not N'Moura. Another "winger" we sign and don't use. What a waste of time.

This one, Pirate.

And the re-writing history is primarily with regard to the Hazard incident and your statement that Chelsea merely outbid us.

Last edited:
We do need pace, so the idea behind his signing is good. I'm not gonna build him up though, I know nothing about him other than an article that compared him to Walcott. We might have a bargain, we might have another dud, just have to wait and see.

Son Kane Moura
Alli Eriksen
Wanyama
Davies Vertonghen Alderweireld Aurier
Lloris
Could that work in a 433?

Swap in Dier and Rose for Wanyama and Davies and we could see the full backs push up with Dier dropping back to form a 3

Son Kane Moura
Alli Eriksen
Wanyama
Lloris

Looks like a well balanced team -- although our £40m centre-half might not be too happy about it! I like that team though.

Son Kane Moura
Alli Eriksen
Wanyama
Lloris

Definitely as an option to move to during a match should the game dictate it (i.e, losing or struggling to break down those two-banks-of-five teams).
But I can't see us moving from a general 3 at the back and only one out and out CM. ...Yet.

Son Kane Moura
Alli Eriksen
Wanyama
Lloris

Swap in Dier and Rose for Wanyama and Davies and we could see the full backs push up with Dier dropping back to form a 3

Thinking about it, with such pace out wide in attack, we could play more defensive full-backs. We could push Vert to left back and play Dier at right back, for a back 4 of vert--toby--sanchez--dier.

£38m in 2012 is a lot of money. I reckon he's going to be a superstar.

andy-carroll_1815701c.jpg

I've done the forbidden and watched a few YouTube videos of his goals / skills etc.

Normally i'm incredibly sceptical over these and pay little attention to what they offer. HOWEVER, in this instance i have to say i am impressed and dare i say excited by this fella.

I tend to look at Youtube as "this is what the player can do" as opposed to "this is what you get from the player all the time", and I think with that mindset watching videos is entirely valid.

I think at this point, I (and I dare say you) simply have a feel for the sort of things he does. As you point out, drifts centrally, good first touch - direct.

Which is enough IMO to be cautiously optimistic

@nayimfromthehalfwayline - I think perhaps i'm comparing it to other signings of late who i wasn't that up to speed on (Aurier, N'jie and GKN to be more specific). And tbh, from their YT videos there was nothing of any great depth that made me sit up and take note. Yeah a couple of good passes, tackles or strikes etc, but not a lot of stand out material. Just the basics being covered.

Moura however, seems to have something extra about him. As i said, maybe its that potential to be a bums off seats exciting player that creates via pace and skill.

This one, Pirate.

And the re-writing history is primarily with regard to the Hazard incident and your statement that Chelsea merely outbid us.

Again, I invite you to re-read my posts. I specifically mentioned that Chelsea offered CL football and we couldnt - as well as more money.

And how do you infer that my saying "another winger we sign and don't use" as my "concrete insistence" that we would not sign him

@nayimfromthehalfwayline - I think perhaps i'm comparing it to other signings of late who i wasn't that up to speed on (Aurier, N'jie and GKN to be more specific). And tbh, from their YT videos there was nothing of any great depth that made me sit up and take note. Yeah a couple of good passes, tackles or strikes etc, but not a lot of stand out material. Just the basics being covered.

Moura however, seems to have something extra about him. As i said, maybe its that potential to be a bums off seats exciting player that creates via pace and skill.

Aurier excited me. Still does. I think next season he is going to be brilliant.

The other two I get it, nice but not "Wow theres something there!"

Aurier excited me. Still does. I think next season he is going to be brilliant.

The other two I get it, nice but not "Wow theres something there!"
In first season, I always judge a player by their atrributes not their overall performances as it seems to take most players a season to get up to speed.

Aurier has pace (albeit not as quick as I had hoped), power and can put in threatening crosses. His defending is a little rash but will undoubtedly improve so there is no reason not to think by this time next season he will be flying....

Thinking about it, with such pace out wide in attack, we could play more defensive full-backs. We could push Vert to left back and play Dier at right back, for a back 4 of vert--toby--sanchez--dier.

This would be an about turn on what has proved one of our biggest successes of the last few seasons, our full backs pushing on.

I cant see the team above ever taking the field. Poch rarely even got Son in with Alli and Eriksen so I see no chance of him getting all 4 in with Kane up top.

99% sure he will rotate Moura with Son, and also use him off the bench if needed.

Not a great 2 weeks for Lamela after battling back from such a long injury. Firstly, Sissoko is preferred, and then we sign someone who will compete for his position.

I cant see the team above ever taking the field. Poch rarely even got Son in with Alli and Eriksen so I see no chance of him getting all 4 in with Kane up top.

99% sure he will rotate Moura with Son, and also use him off the bench if needed.

and this is the difference between us and City, City would play 5 or 6 attackers even against decent sides, we won't even do that at home against teams who park the bus, it annoys me massively

Again, I invite you to re-read my posts. I specifically mentioned that Chelsea offered CL football and we couldnt - as well as more money.

And how do you infer that my saying "another winger we sign and don't use" as my "concrete insistence" that we would not sign him

Because before that - in the actual post I quoted - you said "We won't" in response to another poster saying we should get Moura.
Anyway, let's not stretch out your denials (;)) any more over a thread that should be about to become a celebration and place for excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back