• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have their hands full enough trying to get Aubangayang over the line. I doubt Arsenal have any interest in Moura at all.

Of course not. SSN just need some 'jeopardy'/a few dumb bets placed on SkyBet. That line comes out literally every time we are on the verge of signing someone

I think they have their hands full enough trying to get Aubangayang over the line. I doubt Arsenal have any interest in Moura at all.

I think its just paper mischief, trying to fabricate some tension in this decidedly "meh" last few days of the window.

Being able to pick any 3 of the 4 is a nice situation to be in. All four could even be played if Eriksen or Ali are dropped a little deeper alongside Wanyama.

I really like the idea of it. Alli in Dembeles role? Could be a very interesting prospect.

I just like the options it gives - we can have a genuinely pacey front line with Son left and Moura right, maybe Eriksen feeding them in - somethign we have been desperate for at times.

Equally we can take a more solid approach with Alli and Lamela. Finally we get to mix up our play more.

Ha ha.
You're very funny.
But it's not really ok to try re-writing and twisting history to distract from your earlier concrete insistence that Moura wouldn't sign for us.

If all the reports are to be believed then you'd be schizophrenic as they weren't in agreement.
And the Hazard thing has been an amazing situation where a story from H Redknapp esquire was pretty much confirmed by Hazard himself, where he would have joined us if we'd got Champions League football. Nothing to do with being outbid.

If you actually read my posts perhaps you wouldn't jump to such ludicrous assertions.

Please identify where "my concrete insistence that Moura wouldn't sign for us" came from.

Please tell me when I said " Three times they (Chelsea) have taken a player we were interested in" is re-writing history.

He's obviously going to be rusty for weeks considering how little he has played over the past 9 months.

But just for info, this has to be done by noon for him to be eligible for the United game tomorrow

He's obviously going to be rusty for weeks considering how little he has played over the past 9 months.

But just for info, this has to be done by noon for him to be eligible for the United game tomorrow

And for that we need his work permit to have already been in process....

I know he's not a huge name, but I am genuinely excited by this. He's got the attributes we need (speed, finishing ability and creativity), he can add a lot to our squad. If his attitude is right and he's willing to work with Poche then Spurs can be where he finds his best form at the best point in his career.

Heres hoping!

The bit that gets me is that even fully fit players take time to adapt to Pochs fitness levels and system.

I really think Moura is a buy for next season more than this.

Im just hoping he is able to be an impact sub to help us turn games this season, Im hesitant to hope for more.

I know he's not a huge name, but I am genuinely excited by this. He's got the attributes we need (speed, finishing ability and creativity), he can add a lot to our squad. If his attitude is right and he's willing to work with Poche then Spurs can be where he finds his best form at the best point in his career.

Heres hoping!

Agreed, it looks like the sort of buy that could turn out to be a masterstroke. Fingers crossed he delivers.

Van der Vaart was only a bit part player when we signed him. Not comparing the two, just saying
I think that’s exactly the comparison here, I mentioned it last week. Not saying he’ll have the same impact but he’s similar profile, flair player, squeezed out of the reckoning at a mega rich club because they spent billions on new players..

This guy just feels like a Spurs style player to me.

Personally I'm very excited with this transfer. For several years under Poch our team lacked a pacy dribbler who can move past 1-2 opponents and provide other attacking players with needed space and support. Moura is exactly this sort of a player. Also it's a bargain considering current hugely inflated football market. Another masterpiece by Levy!
As far as I know Moura can be registered for us in CL until February, the 1st, and take part in action even against Juve, but we need another place in our A-list (Lamela got N'koudu's place if I remember correctly).

I've done the forbidden and watched a few YouTube videos of his goals / skills etc.

Normally i'm incredibly sceptical over these and pay little attention to what they offer. HOWEVER, in this instance i have to say i am impressed and dare i say excited by this fella.

A lot of it was from the 2016/17 season of course, before the big guns of Mbappe and Neymar came in, but i noticed the following -

1. Whilst many of his goals were tap ins or close range finishes, the guy clearly has the nouse to arrive in the box at the right time and get into those spaces between the defenders where the ball can fall. He has that right place right time mentality.

2. His finishing is very assured. Can strike it well and true, but in typically Brazilian fashion he can do those cheeky lifts over the keeper. Y'know, the type Lamela always goes for but then skews it wide of the posts!!

3. He can drive with the ball at pace with good close control. Uses his quick feet to get past opponents at pace, something i again think we currently lack with the exception perhaps of Son. Eriksen for all his qualities is not a pace player who will beat a man with skill. All has the skill but is still learning when to apply it.

4. He first touch seems very astute. He opens himself up into space away from opposition in a similar fashion to Dembele, but then it appears he can get a pass away quickly too. Something i think we lack at the mo with Dembele who has the vision but doesn't always release quick enough to keep a fast transition going.

5. For someone who is supposed to be a "winger" by some descriptions i've seen, he seems to pick the ball up a lot in the middle of the pitch, but with good effect.

6. He looks as though he could be a real "bums off seats" kind of player. The type that you expect exciting things from when he receives the ball. Don't really think we've had that kind of magic since Ginola and Bale.

7.Evidently brings with him a winning mentality. Can only be a good thing.

So yep, i'm genuinely excited about this prospect and think he can bring exactly what we're missing right now.

Also a slightly laughable mention for Aurier, who appears in a lot of the videos with him. The guy still hasn't learnt how to put a decent cross in from the flank! haha

Personally I'm very excited with this transfer. For several years under Poch our team lacked a pacy dribbler who can move past 1-2 opponents and provide other attacking players with needed space and support. Moura is exactly this sort of a player. Also it's a bargain considering current hugely inflated football market. Another masterpiece by Levy!
As far as I know Moura can be registered for us in CL until February, the 1st, and take part in action even against Juve, but we need another place in our A-list (Lamela got N'koudu's place if I remember correctly).
£38m in 2012 is a lot of money. I reckon he's going to be a superstar. He's only 25. We have bought older players who have had massive impacts like VDV. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back