• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Bergvall

Welcome. Please be really good.

Very happy with us continuing to secure some of the top rated players around. So successful with Sarr and Udogie. Won't pile on the pressure for Bergvall to hit the ground running like Udogie, but if he can fulfill his potential he'll have a great future ahead of him.

Reminds me of Dawson's Creek's James van der Beek

dawson-s-creek--where-are-they-now.png

Hmm, I can't click the buttons above, to insert an image, why not?

Last edited:
Imagine being able to speak a foreign language that well at 17.
We start learning foreign languages in 2nd grade here in the civilised part of the world, so he's had English at school for 10 years. Add to that, dubbing is non-existent on TV. It's all subtitles. Makes a massive difference in learning foreign language.

My 5 year old understands and speaks a fair bit of English already, and is fluent in Thai and of course his first language, Norwegian.

Last edited:
We start learning foreign languages in 2nd grade here in the civilised part of the world, so he's had English at school for 10 years. Add to that, dubbing is non-existent on TV. It's all subtitles. Makes a massive difference in learning foreign language.

My 5 year old understands and speaks a fair bit of English already, and is fluent in Thai and of course his first language, Norwegian.

Lucky if our kids learn english.

I am a 56 year old man born in London. We did French for 2 years at school. I can't speak any of it.

I tried learning Italian a few years ago but gave up. I envy people who can speak more then one language.

I am a 56 year old man born in London. We did French for 2 years at school. I can't speak any of it.

I tried learning Italian a few years ago but gave up. I envy people who can speak more than one language.
I did German. Schools don’t teach stuff effectively.

It’s all the tables to use the right version of ‘the’ using cases that were never taught when learning English and so on that are so unhelpful.
Then you have all the nonsense that a table is a lady and a lampshade a gentlemen or whatever.

We end up trying to piece sentences together from barely understood grammatical principals and a vocabulary to which we have no exposure.

It could have been much better just to do simple conversational stuff from a young age.

I managed to get a CSE grade 1 in German by memorising by rote a script of conversations the night before my oral exam.

It is as if schools expect people to be able to go to foreign countries and write articles for their newspapers. Just being able to read the front page of their version of the sunday sport would do.

I tried learning Italian a few years ago but gave up. I envy people who can speak more then one language.
There has to be an impetus to learn it too, though. I learned 3 new languages because I was dating girls who spoke neither Greek nor English.

As my dad used to say, "the best way to learn a new language is horizontally."

Back to Bergvall chat.
He's been compared to De Jong. Elegant midfielder, was playing for Ajax at around 19, went to Barca aged about 22, played 146 games for them with 11 goals.
I have a bit of a blindspot with De Jong because of De Ligt and all the other Dutch De XYZ players.

(De Ligt, who was playing for Ajax at around 18, then 87 games for Juve then 44 for Bayern. Centre back. He's now 24.)

Not really sure where I'm going with that, just thought it may be vaguely interesting since he has been compared to De Jong...
We should probably NOT think of him as some attacking playmaker but more realistically as a Bentancur or a box to box skillful reliable chap who can go up and down and retain possession and play with his head up and ghost past challenges to knit the game together, but probably not a Maddison or even more attacking than that, if that makes sense.

Back to Bergvall chat.
He's been compared to De Jong. Elegant midfielder, was playing for Ajax at around 19, went to Barca aged about 22, played 146 games for them with 11 goals.
I have a bit of a blindspot with De Jong because of De Ligt and all the other Dutch De XYZ players.

(De Ligt, who was playing for Ajax at around 18, then 87 games for Juve then 44 for Bayern. Centre back. He's now 24.)

Not really sure where I'm going with that, just thought it may be vaguely interesting since he has been compared to De Jong...
We should probably NOT think of him as some attacking playmaker but more realistically as a Bentancur or a box to box skillful reliable chap who can go up and down and retain possession and play with his head up and ghost past challenges to knit the game together, but probably not a Maddison or even more attacking than that, if that makes sense.
He's a hard working box to box midfielder, with skill on the ball, and a very good at tackling/winning the ball. He's not a prolific goalscorer, but he's a very good header of the ball. Think he might surprise a lot of people with that, as he's not the tallest, but has a great leap and good timing.

I saw this profile of him that seems quite grounded. It doesn't go to overboard in any direction. You may find it interesting.
He's a hard working box to box midfielder, with skill on the ball, and a very good at tackling/winning the ball. He's not a prolific goalscorer, but he's a very good header of the ball. Think he might surprise a lot of people with that, as he's not the tallest, but has a great leap and good timing.

A deep look at Bergvall

tl;dr he is an 8 that gets around like Sarr but has great touch and dribbling like Bentancur, highly intelligent and effective, is not a consistent goal threat.

Back