• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Bergvall

Just converted that to English - it's just under 6'2" for those that don't speak millennial.

Same height as me - was tall for a footballer in the 90s, not so much any more.

I was 5'11 when I played in 60/70's and weren't many players taller than me (probably because they were products of working class Londoners) but my son is 5'10 and my eldest grandson is 6'3 and youngest is 6' at 15. Height of populations has grown, I think I read than average height of European 19 year old men in 5'10.

I was 5'11 when I played in 60/70's and weren't many players taller than me (probably because they were products of working class Londoners) but my son is 5'10 and my eldest grandson is 6'3 and youngest is 6' at 15. Height of populations has grown, I think I read than average height of European 19 year old men in 5'10.

There's been about a 3" average increase caused by the masses' diet improving from meat once a week to meat daily since the war. It's not exponential though, so won't keep happening.

Last edited:
There's been about a 3" average increase caused by the masses' diet improving from meat once a week to meat daily since the war. It's not exponential though, so won't keep happening.

Figures confirm that, there is a decline in height the further south you go in the world with just Austtalia and New Zealand bucking the trend

You guys are hyping him up WAY too much! Imo, he'll just about make the match day squad as it is. He's got talent, but he won't go straight into the team and revolutionise our midfield.
18 year old making the match day squad, getting some minutes perhaps, with real talent. I think that's worth hyping up...

Seing as this is now the human height thread, here's an observation I've made: Young girls in particular seems generally much taller than when I was a teenager in the 1990s.

I'm of an bang average height of 180 cm, but frequently feel like I'm starting to shrink because of all the tall girls around me. Strangely I don't get the same impression about the height of young boys.

Anyways, really excited that we are starting to stockpile a lot of promising youngsters.

Just converted that to English - it's just under 6'2" for those that don't speak millennial.

Same height as me - was tall for a footballer in the 90s, not so much any more.
Shorter than Dragusin and VdV.
Same as Bentancur and Udogie.
Taller than..... everyone else in our squad....(excl GKs)

Seing as this is now the human height thread, here's an observation I've made: Young girls in particular seems generally much taller than when I was a teenager in the 1990s.

I'm of an bang average height of 180 cm, but frequently feel like I'm starting to shrink because of all the tall girls around me. Strangely I don't get the same impression about the height of young boys.

Anyways, really excited that we are starting to stockpile a lot of promising youngsters.
I never used to have to worry about where I stood when I went to gigs, always had a good view.

Now, there's always quite a few taller than me and plenty my height. People are just taller each generation - my kids are on track to be about 6'3-4"

Been to Germany lately? My son is 6'4" and says it's the first time in his life he was amongst so many people of similar stature. And Canada is a nation of fairly tall people, too.

watching clips of bergvall he seems to have a very calm head on him and very good vision. at 17+ its amazing and truly ahead of his class. understand that he chose Spurs because of assurance of first team football, so he might be maddison's back up and understudy. Maddison is only 27 and should be peaking in the next few years, so no hurry for bergvall at all to grow up.

His playing style reminds me of Moussa Dembele. I wonder if he'll get a chance next season or whether we'll loan him out. Looks quite mature for his age.

His playing style reminds me of Moussa Dembele. I wonder if he'll get a chance next season or whether we'll loan him out. Looks quite mature for his age.

Seems like he chose us over Barcelona as we would have him with the first team.

Also, if he stays with us he might get classed as home grown (would need to check dates)

Back