• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says...

QPR v Tottenham (1730 BST)

Tottenham's 5-1 defeat in the FA Cup semi-final flattered Chelsea and I don't care what anyone else says - awarding the Blues their second goal when the ball did not cross the line completely decided the outcome of that match.

At the same time, Spurs are just not firing at the moment.

All of a sudden they have started to make mistakes at the back and, whoever they play, they look very vulnerable. They did not look secure at Wembley, even though Scott Parker was back for that game.

There are still some good individual performances but they are not quite clicking as a team and I just wonder if they have tensed up a bit, because it does happen sometimes at this stage of the season.

Spurs played some absolutely brilliant football for weeks and weeks but they have not really looked like their old selves for a couple of months now.

I don't buy the theory that they have slumped because of the speculation linking Harry Redknapp with the England job. It might have had a little effect but the biggest factor for me would be what has happened to them mentally.

It is a bit like a golfer playing really well and leading a tournament going into the final day and, instead of relaxing and playing and showing everyone what a good player he is, he is trying to almost guide the ball around the course, which doesn't work.

In a football sense, Tottenham are doing that. Every mistake they make tends to be punished and they are thinking about things a bit too much. It's unfortunate for them because, when they are confident and playing football at their best, they are a really good side to watch.

QPR keeping winning then losing - but that is fine as long as it keeps their head above water.

Djibril Cisse is back from suspension, which will help them here - as long as he manages to stay on the pitch this time.

Rangers' run-in is particularly tough on paper but, like I said with Blackburn's fixtures, who is to know what will happen in the next few weeks?

Chelsea have got the second leg of their Champions League semi-final to play before they play QPR, and they have got the FA Cup final the week after.

Mark Hughes' side have to go to Emirates Marketing Project on the last day, but City might not have anything to play for by then.

Prediction: 1-1

Good lord, I actually think he's watched one or two of our games this season instead of gusssing his way though.

Tottenham v Blackburn (1600 BST)

I kept thinking Tottenham would bounce back from their poor run but the truth is that, since the end of January, they have never really hit the heights they achieved earlier in the season.

There was a stage before Christmas when they were playing better football than anyone else, but that seems a long, long time ago now.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has got more out of Emmanuel Adebayor than most managers, and for a lot longer too, but he has gone off the boil now and seems to have lost his hunger.

Rafael van der Vaart has not been as influential, and even Luka Modric, Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale seem less effective. Tottenham's problem is that those players were so influential when they were playing at their peak, that at times they were unplayable.

That's just not the case now and, with one or two injuries in defence, Spurs have started to look vulnerable.

Blackburn will undoubtedly cause them problems too, but they have to find a way of getting the ball to Yakubu inside the box. I know Junior Hoilett scored a superb goal against Norwich in Rovers' last match, but you cannot expect him to do that in every game.

Last time Tottenham had a fixture like this was against Norwich on 9 April - and the Canaries completely outplayed them. I don't see that happening again.

Prediction: 2-0

Lawro the Twunt Says....

Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 14:00 BST)

I cannot see anything other than a Tottenham win in this game.

Harry Redknapp said after his Spurs side were beaten by QPR that they had to win their last four games of the campaign to have a chance of finishing in the top four and, with a home game against Fulham after this one, I think they will do that. They are halfway there already after beating Blackburn and Bolton.

It might not be enough to get them third place, though, and obviously they could finish fourth and miss out on the Champions League if Chelsea win it this year. But that is why the Premier League is so exciting this season, because there are so many teams fighting it out at both ends of the table.

And, while I don't think it is a massive factor that Redknapp has not been given the England job, I think it will have an effect because seeing Roy Hodgson appointed stops all the speculation.

The Tottenham players won't really have worried about it that much but they know now that Redknapp will be at the club next year and it is almost like putting your pair of slippers back on that you have lost for the last couple of days.

Meanwhile, Villa are in all sorts of trouble and I just wouldn't even tip them to pinch a goal. Alex McLeish's side might get lucky because I feel results for the teams below them will keep Villa up, rather than a positive result for Villa.

Prediction: Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League Predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if all his forecasts were correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

The Tottenham players won't really have worried about it that much but they know now that Redknapp will be at the club next year and it is almost like putting your pair of slippers back on that you have lost for the last couple of days.

wtf. that's the twuntiest thing I've read since 2008

Tottenham v Fulham

Fulham have had a lovely first season under Martin Jol and they have evolved as a team under him in terms of personnel and style of play.

The Cottagers have had some good away wins of late too, after initially struggling on the road, and they have got some really good attacking intent right through their team.

But Tottenham will be fighting hard for a win that would get them the top-four finish which, if Chelsea don't win the Champions League, will get Spurs back in that competition next year.

They would deserve it too, because for three months around the turn of the year Harry Redknapp's side were easily the best team in the league.

Do I see Chelsea beating Bayern Munich? No.

The Blues have moved heaven and earth to get to the final already but I don't see them coping with the Bayern front three of Mario Gomez, Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.

Bayern are at home too, and Chelsea are without John Terry, who is their leader. So I just don't see Roberto di Matteo's men doing it, and that would be good news for Spurs, or whoever does finish fourth.

Prediction: 2-0

Back