• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2015/16

Now now, let's not make excuses! Yes there were the odd missed foul, but to be fair to West Ham they set up to stifle us and succeeded. Our passing as a result was very poor and we created sweet fa as lost the midfield battle. (On a side not, Lamela HAS to learn quickly about how many touches he needs before passing!)

No excuses, but the game reminded me of a EL game...
Poor ref, poor pitch, lump kicking team playing out of their skin as it's their big day, evening game under the floodlights.
If the game had been played somewhere in Eastern Europe instead of Eastern London it would have been exactly like some of our EL games.

We weren't good enough though and like most are saying we need to overcome that kind of opposition too. Learning experience and we'll do better next time I think.

Aston Villa v Tottenham (Premier League, 16:00 GMT)

As soon as Aston Villa conceded their first goal against Emirates Marketing Project last weekend, they were finished.

I was at Eithad Stadium for that game and the worst thing about it for me was that Villa only started to play a bit when they were 4-0 down.

I feel a bit sorry for Villa boss Remi Garde, because this is not his team - he was not able or allowed to buy a player in January. They are going down, and it is not even with a whimper.

Tottenham were given a bit of a reminder of how tough the Premier League can be by 10-man Arsenal last time out, but this is the perfect fixture for them to get back to winning ways.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Leicester have got an air about them that says they think they can win the league. They have continued to pick up points without playing well and results have been going their way, which will help convince their players they can do it.

I want them to win it too - they have played the best football and they have tried to win every game, even when they have been behind - and they are destined to be champions.

It would be great if they won it by something like six points so people cannot say they have nicked it, but those who say this is the biggest turnaround by a team in the space of a year are wrong.

The best achievement like that was when Nottingham Forest won the title as a newly promoted team in 1978. That usurps Leicester, but only just.

Leicester have got an air about them that says they think they can win the league. They have continued to pick up points without playing well and results have been going their way, which will help convince their players they can do it.

I want them to win it too - they have played the best football and they have tried to win every game, even when they have been behind - and they are destined to be champions.

It would be great if they won it by something like six points so people cannot say they have nicked it, but those who say this is the biggest turnaround by a team in the space of a year are wrong.

The best achievement like that was when Nottingham Forest won the title as a newly promoted team in 1978. That usurps Leicester, but only just.

I can't believe nobody has commented on this yet.

I can't believe nobody has commented on this yet.
It's true they have been brilliant going forward and along with City they are the League's leading scorers to boot, but their game plan is based on getting everyone behind the ball, allowing teams to come on to them then hitting them on the break. The stats say they have one of the lowest possession percentages so not sure how it all adds up to the best football overall.

It's true they have been brilliant going forward and along with City they are the League's leading scorers to boot, but their game plan is based on getting everyone behind the ball, allowing teams to come on to them then hitting them on the break. The stats say they have one of the lowest possession percentages so not sure how it all adds up to the best football overall.

Yeah I reckon trolling is probs too kind a term to describe Twunty - giving him too much credit.

I reckon he's basing the good football comment off one match - when they beat Liverpool and they had that one awesome passing sequence.

In Twunt's eyes that must have made them near Godlike - after all, it was against his beloved and mighty Liverpool FC, a result that put a dent in the Reds' annual glorious title challenge. Or was that top 4. Or top 6? Or top 7...

I highly doubt Twunty actually watches most of the PL matches - he doesn't have a scooby does he.

This is how much he fancies Leicester
Code:
Lawro's League Table:
---------------------
1  Arsenal        29 20  9  0 69 +2
2  Emirates Marketing Project       28 21  6  1 69 +2
3  Chelsea        29 20  7  2 67 +7
4  Liverpool      28 15 13  0 58 +3
5  Southampton    29 16  3 10 51 +4
6  West Brom      29 14  8  7 50 +5
7  Tottenham      29 13 10  6 49 -5
8  Man Utd        29 12 12  5 48 -2
9  Crystal Palace 29 11  8 10 41 +6
10 Everton        28 10  8 10 38 +2
11 Saudi Sportswashing Machine      28  9  8 11 35 +8
12 Norwich        29 10  2 17 32 +6
13 Stoke          29  8  6 15 30 -5
14 Bournemouth    29  8  5 16 29  0
15 Leicester      29  6 10 13 28 -14
16 Swansea        29  5 12 12 27  0
17 Sunderland     29  6  7 16 25  0
18 West Ham       29  4  8 17 19 -13
19 Watford        29  3  7 19 16 -6
20 Aston Villa    29  1  3 25  6  0

The man has proven that he has a limited idea of the form of teams and the changes that have occurred this season, along with his Liverpooh glasses, but I must admit I agree views on Sterling "Raheem Sterling does not, nor never will, understand the game. He does not does realise what he does or how he does it, he is purely reactive and instinctive". I had the same opinion on Townsend.

Is this the first time I have seen him predict a result for Spurs correctly!! Blimey - lightning just struck!!

Ha. I'm stilling trying to fathom how that works!

Yearly we move things forward and back.

Clock stopped 2:30 - Sun 27th March, time moves 02:00 to 03:00

'Of the moment'. Nice one.

Were it to be 02:30 ....... only once a day max (or twice)

...... old english truisms fcucked by EU.

Please note ...... beer has been taken

Yearly we move things forward and back.

Clock stopped 2:30 - Sun 27th March, time moves 02:00 to 03:00

'Of the moment'. Nice one.

Were it to be 02:30 ....... only once a day max (or twice)

...... old english truisms fcucked by EU.

Please note ...... beer has been taken
Ah gotcha!

Tottenham v Bournemouth (16:00 GMT)

Bournemouth's last four games have seen them take 10 points out of a possible 12 but I see their good run ending on Sunday.

The Cherries will go at Tottenham but I think that will suit Mauricio Pochettino's side, who are focused on their title bid.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

This one from The Twunt is sheer quality though! Made me laugh :D

The injury that forced Nicolas Otamendi off against Dynamo Kiev looked a lot less serious - a dislocated shoelace, I think. On behalf of the centre-halves' union, I was embarrassed for him

Back