• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lack of goals

Comparing a strikers shot location with an inside wingers..

The conclusion was so obvious I'm not sure it was worth the time that was spent doing it.

We have scored 15 league goals while City have scored 47, now is that scary or what?

35 of those have come in 8 home games. Hull is the only side to have conceded less than 3.

I do find it strange that nobody has figured out how to stop City from playing and how poor City are away from home.

35 of those have come in 8 home games. Hull is the only side to have conceded less than 3.

I do find it strange that nobody has figured out how to stop City from playing and how poor City are away from home.

At a guess, I would say don't let them score early. But I don't have the timings of the goals in all their home wins to hand (I'm too lazy to look them up). If your midfielders and fullbacks are pushing too far up in pursuit of an equaliser, their attacking talent will make mugs of whoever is playing as the exposed centre-halves.

At a guess, I would say don't let them score early. But I don't have the timings of the goals in all their home wins to hand (I'm too lazy to look them up). If your midfielders and fullbacks are pushing too far up in pursuit of an equaliser, their attacking talent will make mugs of whoever is playing as the exposed centre-halves.

Someone should have suggested that to Hugo :)

But bizarrely we could win 1-0 tomorrow and only be 2pts behind having scored 31 goals less and a GD of zero compared to their 29

We'll see later in the season if they're able to maintain that kind of form or if this is it. They'll probably spend another £50 million in January anyway.

Only Everton & Southampton (15) have conceded fewer goals than Spurs (16) so far this season, so our relative lack of goals scored isn't as worrying as it might otherwise be.

But we have managed two goals in each of our last three Premier League games.

44 goals scored in the 25 games played in all competitions this season looks a bit better though.

Hopefully we can get rid of those red scores soon...

Goals by 15 min at Home. (goals scored - goals conceded)
Team0-1516-3031-4546-6061-7576-90
Emirates Marketing Project4-06-16-18-05-16-2
Spurs0-13-00-13-10-31-1
http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england

@OptaJoe: 0 - This was the first time since Opta started full collection in 2006/07 that Spurs have failed to have a shot on target at home. Bleak.

@WhoScored: Luis Suárez: Has averaged 1.55 goals per game in the PL this season, while Tottenham have averaged 0.94

@Squawka: Luis Suarez now has 17 Premier League goals this season in 11 games. The entire Spurs side have managed just 15 goals

Liverpool have scored 1 goal less in the last 3 games then we've scored so far this season.

Wow

We have too strikers who are simply not effective playing as central strikers on their own in this league but AVB is too stubborn to change it, well I refer you to Einstein's definition of insanity http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html

It is one thing to score goals against substandard EUROPA league teams but in this league Defoe and Soldado will not be prolific in this league playing up front on their own, heck Defoe has only scored one (okay maybe two) league goal in 2013

I have been saying it for a while that we need to play 2 strikers, preferably Ade and one another instead of an isolated loan striker. All of a sudden we look a real offensive threat.

It's not just playing 2 strikers, it's creating space and exploiting it at pace. Everything that's been missing from our game for the last 80 matches.
Should have had 5 or 6 today. Keep creating chances like that for Soldado and he'll soon regain his form.
We have a squad full of attacking talent, trust them to play without one hand tied behind their backs.

I think Ade and Soldado in front of a midfield 2 of Capoue, Demeble, Paulinho or Sandro would have been pretty much as bad as we were.
Eriksen was what we were missing today.

Back