• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Labour - the party for scroungers

Not to mention world class sport, Wembley, Wimbledon, 7 premier league football clubs, Twickenham, Lords, the o2, amazing gigs both small and large venues, the home of British music, the biggest scene in the world.

I mean come on....crazy talk! :)

If we took "our" land back we'd cover it in housing estates and fill them with tracksuited Special Brew funnels.

Her estates (which have actually been handed back to parliament in return for a sort of annuity on the civil list) generate anything from double the cost of the royal household to 5 times (depending on estimates) and this includes both the civil list and the upkeep of the estates on which parliament makes money, so I'm not entirely sure that should be counted anyway.

So let me get this right, she gave us back OUR LAND and we now pay her rent on it that apparently funds her ridiculously lavish lifestyle?

OK THEN.

So let me get this right, she gave us back OUR LAND and we now pay her rent on it that apparently funds her ridiculously lavish lifestyle?

OK THEN.

You can start your own monarchy thread if you like, but you can take your Queen hating somewhere else

fudging hell, the North has poisoned your mind

You're beginning to sound like a fudging jock, or even worse, a fudging cheese eating surrender monkey

You post about dole bludging c*nts in this thread, or Ed Balls

Anything else is not welcome

You can start your own monarchy thread if you like, but you can take your Queen hating somewhere else

fudging hell, the North has poisoned your mind

You're beginning to sound like a fudging jock, or even worse, a fudging cheese eating surrender monkey

You post about dole bludging c*nts in this thread, or Ed Balls

Anything else is not welcome

cavalier.jpg

Yeah, fudge all you northern peasants.

COme on mate, that is just rubbish!!

London is one of the worlds greatest cities!! Theatres, Retails, Dining, countless other cultural diversions, the Natural History Museam, British Museum, British Library, V&A etc etc the list is endless. Tate Gallery, The Globe Theatre, We have a thread on this page discussing good cities to visit. For a foreigner London is probably the number ONE on their list to see. The monarchy is a quant anachronism, it might well add to the whole 'ye olde England' feel but you reckon they decide to come or not to come for the queen alone?

Not a cat in hells chance.

its a debate that is very difficult to conclude without actually trying it - but im basing that opinion on all the foreigners im good friends with (mostly American, some asians, some Europeans - a mixture with some who now live and work in London and some who still live in their own country).

And the one thing that makes the UK/London stand out is the fact we have a Royal family and buckingham palace exists, with a "live in" Queen - it adds an air of mystique. I guess along the lines of "living it" rather than looking at "history".
Im not saying no royal family = no tourism, im saying no royal family = reduced tourism as the Royal Family becomes like a USP.

I agree all the things listed above a wonderful, and that list could go on, but how many of them actually make a tourist "come to London" rather than being "something cool to do whilst visiting London".

for the record - im pretty apathetic when it comes to the Royal Family.
just think the tourists love it too much.

There is a brilliant looking programme on London this weekend,

A Picture of London

BBC2 9:15pm

Documentary charting the growth of London over the years, using eyewitness accounts to reveal how life in the city has changed. In addition to familiar paintings, the programme draws on a range of visual records including posters, cartoons, architectural sketches, maps, photos and film

for the record - im pretty apathetic when it comes to the Royal Family.
just think the tourists love it too much.

I actually think they are starting to play a more important role for us now. Look at Harry's recent trip to South America, he was a roaring success in a region that we are under constant political attack from Argentina and even the US being very unhelpful. They're good for the country imo. Sure the money on a per capita basis is obscene, but actually, it's a drop in the ocean comapred to what we get back.

I actually think they are starting to play a more important role for us now. Look at Harry's recent trip to South America, he was a roaring success in a region that we are under constant political attack from Argentina and even the US being very unhelpful. They're good for the country imo. Sure the money on a per capita basis is obscene, but actually, it's a drop in the ocean comapred to what we get back.

But how do you know? What do we actually get back?

Holland has a royal family, in a proper palace any everything!! So do Spain, Portugal etc etc.

London is what makes London special, not some old biddy. No wonder the queen mother lived to a hundred, never did a days graft in her whole bloody life!

Holland has a royal family, in a proper palace any everything!! So do Spain, Portugal etc etc.

London is what makes London special, not some old biddy. No wonder the queen mother lived to a hundred, never did a days graft in her whole bloody life!

There have been GHod knows how many polls taken over the years from tourists and almost universally the Yanks and Asians will cite the Royal Family as being one of the main reasons they want to come to London. It's romantacism. It might seem stupid to us, given we live with them every day, but that's the facts. And like I say, as ambassadors to our country, they are fantastic. In fact, they are fudging critical when you have an uncharming, egotistical fat Scottish taco like Gordon Brown romping around the world wrecking our kudos.

There aren't enough smilies in the Universe to adequately represent the pleasure page 3 of this thread has given me. Still.....

=D>:ross::ross:\o/

i dont think the question is - "what is London with the Queen", it's "how do tourists see London WITHOUT the Queen"

Back