• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Labour - the party for scroungers

For sure. I hate the monarchy and all it represents. No fudging garden part for me thanks!!!

Long live the republic!!

For sure. I hate the monarchy and all it represents. No fudging garden part for me thanks!!!

Long live the republic!!

They're actually one of the only things about Britain that fill me with pride nowadays. They've been a breath of fresh air in the last few years. Prince Charles doing the weather forecast the other day was hilarious.

They're actually one of the only things about Britain that fill me with pride nowadays. They've been a breath of fresh air in the last few years. Prince Charles doing the weather forecast the other day was hilarious.

I agree. I'd rather have the monarchy than Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, Nick Clegg, Diane Abott etc representing us.
Prince Phillip as foreign ambassador please!?

I look at the monarchy as a cash cow for Britain. A shop front for everything I love about our country.

The same cannot be said about the clowns that run the government.

Both clearly leach off the tax payer, but if I had the choice, I know who I'd rather funnel my cash to.

Long live the Queen

Nah....in bred taco.

We (the taxpayer) make far more money from the Royal family than we pay to support them.

NO we don't!

People that say this usually point to the pomp and ceremony of the queen etc and then say that tourism brings in billions. Does every tourist see the queen?

No.

None of them do. Just fudge them off and get some actors in to do the same job. People come to London to see the blokes in silly hats and Buckingham Palace and some old buildings.

As the very most keep the queen, strip her of all of her constitutional powers and fudge the rest of the leeches off......

Any income is generated from OUR BLOODY LAND!!! They they stole and inherited.

Take back our land as well in the process.

NO we don't!

People that say this usually point to the pomp and ceremony of the queen etc and then say that tourism brings in billions. Does every tourist see the queen?

No.

None of them do. Just fudge them off and get some actors in to do the same job. People come to London to see the blokes in silly hats and Buckingham Palace and some old buildings.

As the very most keep the queen, strip her of all of her constitutional powers and fudge the rest of the leeches off......

she is going to rake it in when they master wave turbine technology, apparently she owns all the sea round the country, well i have news for you all, i tinkled in it last week while surfing so ha.

NO we don't!

No.

but the tourists come here because the Royal Family exists - can't many tourists visiting just to pay for overpriced MacDonalds, some old clock and to see "the house the Queen USED to live in". They can do that in Paris, AND see a radio mast light up.

The status and reputation of the Royals is a massive factor in people visiting London - and if it were taken away, toursim would fall greatly IMHO,

COme on mate, that is just rubbish!!

London is one of the worlds greatest cities!! Theatres, Retails, Dining, countless other cultural diversions, the Natural History Museam, British Museum, British Library, V&A etc etc the list is endless. Tate Gallery, The Globe Theatre, We have a thread on this page discussing good cities to visit. For a foreigner London is probably the number ONE on their list to see. The monarchy is a quant anachronism, it might well add to the whole 'ye olde England' feel but you reckon they decide to come or not to come for the queen alone?

Not a cat in hells chance.

NO we don't!

No.

If we took "our" land back we'd cover it in housing estates and fill them with tracksuited Special Brew funnels.

Her estates (which have actually been handed back to parliament in return for a sort of annuity on the civil list) generate anything from double the cost of the royal household to 5 times (depending on estimates) and this includes both the civil list and the upkeep of the estates on which parliament makes money, so I'm not entirely sure that should be counted anyway.

Back